1. matvei

2. Alan Waters

Alan Waters

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By bettysteve
      Sorry it's still in mapper colors, and please, don't flame me for uploading it the way l have, but for the region to work it had to be hand drawn.
      To make it look "proper", open the city, save city and exit. please do NOT auto justify, there were some parts that, even after days and days of trying, l couldn't get the 4 corners to align.
      The region is, watching the loading screen so many times, l always wanted to make a city in similar terrain. It's pretty much a region of every type of terrain a person could possibly want to build on, from a huge mountain, to the canals of Venice, a canyon through the map that no mayor could pay to fill in, even Mesa's to deal with.
      This is my thanks to all of you who uploaded content to this site that l have judiciously raped of content for when l start playing this map myself. (still playing the Adelaide map l modded off here).
      had to mapper it because l tested it over half the map, hehehe, as you do, only way to flush it if your backup died.
      Hope all y'all like it.
    • By Odile1991
      Okay, first of all, sorry if this comes across SUPER noobish haha. But is there actually a way to have bigger maps in SimCity 4? So larger than the largest maxis provided. I found a mod but it seemed an aprils fool joke? Also, sorry for all the forum posts lately! Love the active community, btw
    • By Kliekie
      So recently I started working on a new mod: Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles.
      It's a building on the top of a mountain, looking over the Griffith Park. The front side is normal height on the ground level, but the back of the building goes lower and lower into the mountain, as can be seen on this image: 

So right now I'm testing the model in game to see what's the best way to get the back part looking like that, I figured with ingame terraforming I could get a lot done. if I make the grid smaller than the actual building terraforming should not be a problem. I do however bumped into an other problem which I just completely forgot. Everything below ground level will have a dirt texture on it.

How would you guys solve this problem? Is that dirt texture removable? and is there a way to make sharper mountains, just to make sure no ground will be poking trough the model anywhere?
      Thank you in advance.
    • By bluesky300
      Hello everyone i am new to this game and i need your help!
      I need to construct all city service buildings to unlock the cathedral.(needs 30)
      I have constructed all the buildings i can(water,electricity,road maintenance,public transportation etc),but i still missed one. 
      I even construct a single road to construct the building one by one (see the bottom left in the screenshot) but it no help for me to find out the last service building i needed.
      Does anyone know what 30 service buildings needed to unlock the cathedral? Or which service building is the most easy to miss?

• By Matthias King
      Who can help me? How would I go about converting a growable into a unique?

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections