5 Screenshots

About This File

Urban School by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

In real life, many schools teach students from Kindergarten all the way through to the end of Senior School, and, in this ghastly era of economic rationalism where every public institution must return a profit to justify its existence, many are also forced to host more lucrative adult evening classes.

Having schools in SC4 that cater for Elementary through to High School is nothing new (for example see my Bourke St Public School: Bourke St Public School), but combining junior, senior and adult education in the one campus hasn't been done before (to my knowledge). 

The Urban School combines all three functions. 

It is crucial to note that this school is not designed or modded to be a radical lot. If you want a radical lot that increases education levels with no cost and taking up no space, then this is not for you.

Placing this lot merely emulates all three functions of the Maxis Large Elementary School, the Maxis Large High School and the Maxis City College in terms of Capacity, Radius, Cost and School Effectiveness vs Average Age categories; using the upper limits of each school type to create a single multi-purpose institution. It houses up to 14,500 students and has a very large coverage radius. EQ Boost and Population vs Distance stats are the same as the standard Maxis schools.

The Bat itself is fictional, and is based on any number of more modern educational institutions. 

The central entrance area houses adminsitration, cafeteria, gymnasium/indoor courts & auditorium; the junior school is housed in the smaller wing, and the senior school laboratories and workshops in the larger wing.

The adult college uses the senior wing after 5pm once all of the students and day teachers have gone home.

This is a large building and lot, weighing in at 8x8 tiles (a bit over 4 acres in the old parlance) and has ample room for a soccer pitch, grassed relaxation areas and the typical asphalt surfaces where countless kids can graze their elbows and knees when falling over.

It provides 390 teaching jobs.

Visually, the lot is best placed on a corner, following the contour of the front driveway area.

Like all my Bats, I have thoroughly tested this concept in both a Vanilla game and a full (4+GB) plugins for over 500 Sim Years in each and haven't observed any abnormal occurrences. In other words, all education levels increased when placed, desirability increased, rewards were unlocked, teachers went on strike when funding was dropped etc, etc.

However, if there are any issues, please report them on my thread (Repository of Garbage, Broken Dreams and Disappointment).

STATS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE:

Lot size :                      8x8
Plop Cost:                   §16,150
Bulldoze Cost:            §1,160
Catalogue Capacity:  14,500
Catalogue Cost/Mth:  §5,700
Pollution:                     10 (Air)/ 7 (Water)/ 5 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:        2/3/0
Coverage Radius:       5,800
EQ Boost:                     24
School Effect vs Age:20 (5), 30 (5), 40 (5), 50 (5), 60 (2.5), 70 (0.5), 80 (0)
School Pop vs Dist:   100 100
Power Consumed:     18 Mwh
Water Consumed:      70 Gal/Month
Occupant Group:        Civic; School; SchoolsHS; SchoolsK6; Strikable Education; College
Demand Created:       R§236; R§§134; R§§§20

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:

****Sigh**** I look forward to the day when I won't have to write a ridiculous parking texture disclaimer for every Bat I release..... 
The area in the front of the administration and senior wings is reserved for buses and teachers cars only. 
I have deliberately left massive parking areas off this lot as it is already a large size (large lots attract extra crime) and there are so many custom parking lot options available that you can place your own parking, or, you can use the lot editor to maroon this BAT like some desert island in a dull endless sea of asphalt and white lines to emulate middle America. 

DEPENDENCIES:

To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
*BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

sejr99999

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

thank you  well thought out idea to combine all these schools in one structure   I like the angles of the buildings and the beautiful lotting   always well modded and trouble free work from you

Share this review

Link to review
DavidDHetzel

I love this!

Although from a strictly visual standpoint this works well as a rural High School.

Share this review

Link to review
dazza262

One of the best schools I've seen for SC4. Looking forward to using this. Great work as ever *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
kathrynlacey

Your models and buildings are always my faves.  This one is no exception!

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

Excellent work on this

My cities education scores will be going up thanks to you :)

Share this review

Link to review
cronop

Thanks

Share this review

Link to review
timmie

Excellent school! Will definitely use this a lot in my game. Thanks for the work.

Share this review

Link to review
Nihaga

Excellent! This school fits in anywhere, be it as a rural education center or a downtown facility. :thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

very very good... 5/5... like the lotting of the model... like that it carries some jbsimio sensibilities in school texture and final look...

Share this review

Link to review
Rominoux

It's always a pleasure to find a new update from Mattb325 ! I'm always waiting for the next one...

Thank you mate !

Share this review

Link to review

What a beautiful school. Those diagonals are zesty!

Share this review

Link to review
korver

Lovely work! A real beauty.

Share this review

Link to review
Tenzin

I love this building and education centre! It's awesome. My urbanism is wonderfull with your Buildings. Thank you much MattB!

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Robban040
      Current project:
      Malmö Airport, Sweden (ESMS/MMX)

(go to the last page of this journal for more screenshots)

So I decided to start a new project, mainly due to the fact that my last city kept on crashing since the last patch.
      So anyway here it goes!;
      We start on small scale with a small village in a tropical mountainous landscape.

With such hot climate there quite alot of power demand keeping all those AC's up and running!

The railyard with the power plant in the background.

One of the highways going through the area. It aint cheap building those bridges!

• By mattb325
      Plaza Hotel New York, by Mattb325.
      Like so many buildings in New York city, the Plaza Hotel can claim 'icon' status.
      This 20-story landmark building opened in 1907 on Central Park South and the main entrance faces the Grand Army Plaza (from which the Plaza Hotel derives its name).
      The building is in a French Renaissance Chateau style. It was extended in 1921 with the addition of a 300 room annexe along W58th St.
      This is a complex building - indeed one of the more complex buildings I have batted - with no two elevations the same. 
      While the BAT I have made is a fairly faithful interpretation of the real Plaza hotel, in order to get this into a game constrained by 16m2 tiles, I have had to reinterpret some elements of the building.
      The main areas that have been deliberately altered  to ensure that this is a good and useful game asset (rather than a strict recreation) are most evident along the W58th St side, which in real life is longer than the Central Park Side. 
      To that end I have taken off approx 10m along the W58th St frontage which ensures that the building sits comfortably on 5 tiles and added a matching roof turret for symmetry. 
      The front elevation is slightly narrower than the original to ensure that it sits within a 4 tile space. This is to ensure that other W2W buildings, which are typically 2 tiles deep can grow (or be plopped) adjacent to the building and neatly align (as per the screenshots).
      Lastly, the roof junk has been deliberately streamlined and simplified to avoid the very cluttered roof-top look of the original building.
      All that said, if you believe that a recreation must be 100% accurate, then this BAT is not for you, as I have made the changes to the building in order to ensure that it is a good and useful game asset.
      The building comes in a growable CS§§§ 4x5 lot, a ploppable CS§§§ 4x5 lot and a growable R§§§ 4x5 lot.

It grows on the New York tileset and given that is an oversized Chateau, in my opinion would work equally well in a Euro environment.
      STATS CS§§§ (Growable & Ploppable):
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         8 (High Density Zoning; N/A for ploppable)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 8,999 CS§§ 2,252 CS§§§ 903
      Pollution:                  45 (Air)/ 30 (Water)/ 60 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  188 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   1,683 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

STATS R§§§ :
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         7 (High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 10,143 R§§ 5,600 R§§§ 2,448
      Pollution:                  25 (Air)/ 8 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  217 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   288 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:
      * Dayopeace.dat
      N.B: this is for the moving flag props and is one of the Maxis files that were available on the official exchange. Most users will have this. However, if you don't, it is available here: https://screwpiledevelopments.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/
      Scroll until you see the 'Day of Peace' and then click on the link. You do not need a drop-box account to download the file (you can dismiss the account creation request and download this as a guest).

There are none. Your driver circles the block while you and your guests dine inside at the Palm Court. If you don't understand this concept, then don't download 
      Thanks.
    • By rsc204
      This package contains a ReLot for the 6x6 version of Mattb325's reimagined Max's Microchips building.
      When Matt released some new I-HT buildings earlier this year, this one in particular stood out for me as one great looking model. As such I couldn't help but go full on with re-designing the lot. Of course, when you do such things, you tend to use a lot of dependencies. So one lot it may be (download), but prepare for the full list of dependencies, it's not for everyone. Frankly if you don't have all Girafe's flora, you're missing out anyhow. Aside from that it's really just 2 dependencies if you think about it .
      The lot in the download is a direct replacement for the 6x6 version from Mattb325's package. Otherwise you need to keep the other files from the original download installed.
      Dependencies
      Building Model
      Flora/Props
      BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02 Girafe Norway Maples Girafe Lupins Girafe Maples Girafe Elms Girafe Daisy Girafe Cypresses Girafe Rowan Trees Girafe Feather Grass Grfe_hedge_3m half size.dat (Included)
      Note this also requires the original hedge props from this download:
                VIP vnaoned Post office building
      Only the file Grfe_hedge_3m.dat from this package is required however. Textures
      MGB IndustrieSAM / SAM11 (NAM Component)
      You must have the SAM11 from NAM36 installed, as this lot uses textures contained in the NAM files. MGB Industrial Textures.dat (Included)
      Note: Options for EU/US, LHD/RHD and custom sidewalks are all included. Please read the Readme file for full details. Installing the complete package will lead to problems, you have been warned. Usage
      This 6x6 lot is best placed on a corner as seen in the screenshot. You can use the BuildingPlop cheat to place it where ever you like, or just allow it to grow normally. If plopping the lot, note it will not generate freight and you should have suitable I-HT demand to accommodate the lot.
      The street connection is not TE (Transit Enabled), instead you must make a fake TE connection using the RHW disconnecter or NAM Rail Viaduct features. See this video (YouTube) for more complete instructions on how:
    • By mattb325
      London Stock Exchange, by Mattb325.
      London Stock Exchange was founded in 1801 and its current premises are situated in Paternoster Square close to St Paul's Cathedral in the City of London. It moved to these smaller premises from the Old Stock Exchange Tower on Threadneedle St in 2004 as modern technology has reduced the need for face-to-face dealings on the trading room floor.
      London Stock Exchange is one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges. The current building on Paternoster Sqaure was designed by Eric Parry Architects and Sheppard Robson Architects. 
      While this is a fairly faithful representation of the real-life building, given the absolutely crazy angles and curves inherent in the original design, not everything is 100% true to real-life; this was done deliberately to ensure that the building can fit comfortably on a 4x4 lot. Additionally, the sun-dial feature on the back wall of the building was omitted because it was too small to be visible in game and the fact that the sun doesn't move in SC4.
      This building is modded as a non-conditional Stock Exchange reward (meaning it can be placed at any time without having met prior conditions).
      It does not over-write the Maxis Stock Exchange reward and can safely be used in conjunction with these (or any relotted version thereof). This reward has been modded with higher CAP relief and jobs values than the Maxis version. Like the Maxis version, this building costs nothing to place and has no monthly cost.
      Placing this Reward provides massive CO§§§ CAP relief, has a landmark effectand also provides up to 155 highly desirable civic jobs.
      If you wish to help develop high-wealth commercial skyscraper districts, then in addition to ensuring the other elements of your city (such as good health, education, correct zones, low crime & other infrastructure) are catered for, placing this reward lot will greatly assist in CO§§§ development.
      It is on a 4x4 lot.

STATS:
      Lot size :                   4x4
      Plop Cost:                §0
      Occupant Groups:  Reward; Stock Exchange; Biz Lawyer Attack
      Wealth:                     High Wealth
      Demand Created:   Jobs§: 23;  Jobs§§: 46; Jobs§§§: 86
      Demand Satisfied: CO§§§ 405,000
      Park Effect:            +0 over 0 tiles
      Landmark Effect:  +120 over 60 tiles
      Pollution:                 Air 6 over 3 tiles, Water 4 over 4 tiles, Garbage 57 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:   66 MwH
      Water consumed:   66 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:        §43,900
      Monthly Cost:         §0

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, please ensure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - Mattb325Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      Expensive London real estate means little or no open-air parking exists in the city. If you want to add parking textures, then you know what to do.....

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections