5 Screenshots

About This File

Urban School by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

In real life, many schools teach students from Kindergarten all the way through to the end of Senior School, and, in this ghastly era of economic rationalism where every public institution must return a profit to justify its existence, many are also forced to host more lucrative adult evening classes.

Having schools in SC4 that cater for Elementary through to High School is nothing new (for example see my Bourke St Public School: Bourke St Public School), but combining junior, senior and adult education in the one campus hasn't been done before (to my knowledge). 

The Urban School combines all three functions. 

It is crucial to note that this school is not designed or modded to be a radical lot. If you want a radical lot that increases education levels with no cost and taking up no space, then this is not for you.

Placing this lot merely emulates all three functions of the Maxis Large Elementary School, the Maxis Large High School and the Maxis City College in terms of Capacity, Radius, Cost and School Effectiveness vs Average Age categories; using the upper limits of each school type to create a single multi-purpose institution. It houses up to 14,500 students and has a very large coverage radius. EQ Boost and Population vs Distance stats are the same as the standard Maxis schools.

The Bat itself is fictional, and is based on any number of more modern educational institutions. 

The central entrance area houses adminsitration, cafeteria, gymnasium/indoor courts & auditorium; the junior school is housed in the smaller wing, and the senior school laboratories and workshops in the larger wing.

The adult college uses the senior wing after 5pm once all of the students and day teachers have gone home.

This is a large building and lot, weighing in at 8x8 tiles (a bit over 4 acres in the old parlance) and has ample room for a soccer pitch, grassed relaxation areas and the typical asphalt surfaces where countless kids can graze their elbows and knees when falling over.

It provides 390 teaching jobs.

Visually, the lot is best placed on a corner, following the contour of the front driveway area.

Like all my Bats, I have thoroughly tested this concept in both a Vanilla game and a full (4+GB) plugins for over 500 Sim Years in each and haven't observed any abnormal occurrences. In other words, all education levels increased when placed, desirability increased, rewards were unlocked, teachers went on strike when funding was dropped etc, etc.

However, if there are any issues, please report them on my thread (Repository of Garbage, Broken Dreams and Disappointment).

STATS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE:

Lot size :                      8x8
Plop Cost:                   §16,150
Bulldoze Cost:            §1,160
Catalogue Capacity:  14,500
Catalogue Cost/Mth:  §5,700
Pollution:                     10 (Air)/ 7 (Water)/ 5 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:        2/3/0
Coverage Radius:       5,800
EQ Boost:                     24
School Effect vs Age:20 (5), 30 (5), 40 (5), 50 (5), 60 (2.5), 70 (0.5), 80 (0)
School Pop vs Dist:   100 100
Power Consumed:     18 Mwh
Water Consumed:      70 Gal/Month
Occupant Group:        Civic; School; SchoolsHS; SchoolsK6; Strikable Education; College
Demand Created:       R§236; R§§134; R§§§20

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:

****Sigh**** I look forward to the day when I won't have to write a ridiculous parking texture disclaimer for every Bat I release..... 
The area in the front of the administration and senior wings is reserved for buses and teachers cars only. 
I have deliberately left massive parking areas off this lot as it is already a large size (large lots attract extra crime) and there are so many custom parking lot options available that you can place your own parking, or, you can use the lot editor to maroon this BAT like some desert island in a dull endless sea of asphalt and white lines to emulate middle America. 

DEPENDENCIES:

To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
*BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

sejr99999

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

thank you  well thought out idea to combine all these schools in one structure   I like the angles of the buildings and the beautiful lotting   always well modded and trouble free work from you

Share this review

Link to review
DavidDHetzel

I love this!

Although from a strictly visual standpoint this works well as a rural High School.

Share this review

Link to review
dazza262

One of the best schools I've seen for SC4. Looking forward to using this. Great work as ever *:thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
kathrynlacey

Your models and buildings are always my faves.  This one is no exception!

Share this review

Link to review
daybreak

Excellent work on this

My cities education scores will be going up thanks to you :)

Share this review

Link to review
cronop

Thanks

Share this review

Link to review
timmie

Excellent school! Will definitely use this a lot in my game. Thanks for the work.

Share this review

Link to review
Nihaga

Excellent! This school fits in anywhere, be it as a rural education center or a downtown facility. :thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

very very good... 5/5... like the lotting of the model... like that it carries some jbsimio sensibilities in school texture and final look...

Share this review

Link to review
Rominoux

It's always a pleasure to find a new update from Mattb325 ! I'm always waiting for the next one...

Thank you mate !

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

What a beautiful school. Those diagonals are zesty!

Share this review

Link to review
korver

Lovely work! A real beauty.

Share this review

Link to review
Tenzin

I love this building and education centre! It's awesome. My urbanism is wonderfull with your Buildings. Thank you much MattB!

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By paralelepipedo
      This is a 16x24 region with 16 big and 32 middle cities.
      I built it from satellite images of the region Ilha de Sao Vicente in Brasil. It is quite accurate but i did the following modifications:
      - a few more islands in the bay
      - a crater on one ficticius island
      - a bit higher mountains
      - manually retouched all the rivers and coastlines to make them deeper and nicer to look at in the game
      - a few modifications to build nicer ports
      You cannot build subways on the island because, like in real life, they are just not high enough.
      I like to play it very much with some poor housing mods like
      from Simtropolis:
      - Favela 1.1 by Wallibuk
      - Latino house by Wallibuk
      - Maloskero - Brazilian Tenements and Medium Stores 1.0.0
      - Polish Row Houses by RaNoV
      from SC4Devotion:
      - polish buildings from PGB
      Please tell me if you find some similar lots/buildings/stuff that could fit into this region.
      There is a README included in the zip file where i explain how to install the SC4M file with SC4TerraFormer
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Rutger Hauer Station.
      A simple 6X4 DTR train station.
      Cost to plop 4000
      Capacity 47500
      Besides being a train station, it also acts as a bus stop and a car park. Compatible with both RRW and Maxis vanilla rail.
      Credit and congratulations goes to The British Sausage for winning the name contest for this lot! Very fitting name indeed
      Credit for the amazing main building goes to Aarsgevogelte. Thank you!
      Have fun, Simmer2
      PS Lots of HD props included in this zip.
      Dependencies.
      VIP Delecto Ploppable people - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3448
      BSC - VIP girafe carpack vol. 1 & 2 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2821
      SM2 Prop pack Vol2 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      SM2 Prop pack Vol3 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499
      SM2 Prop pack Vol4 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548
      SP SuperSHK MEGA Textures https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/
      Stationsstraat 3, Tilburg https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32077-stationsstraat-3-tilburg/

• By nedal2001
      In the mid-21st century, climate change led to global catastrophes that nearly ended humankind as we know it.  Massive tsunamis and flooding coupled with extreme natural disasters changed the Earth that lasted years, leading to loss of life in the billions.  Towards the late 21st century, the extreme weather and disasters began to subside, leaving a handful of people to lead humanity back to relevance.  Much was lost – technology, recorded history, and almost everything that had been accomplished by the human race was gone and had to be rediscovered.

Our story begins with a group of survivors a few dozen years after the Great Storm in what would be modern-day Ghana, West Africa.  Earth’s temperature was permanently disrupted, and the environment in Ghana was now similar to the Mediterranean and Central Europe.  Rediscovery of human advancement and technology was relatively rapid, and government, although limited to small areas, was recognized – unfortunately, most governments were oppressive in their ways.  The world now operated under one currency, the Earth Dollar, which the New United Nations was responsible for printing and distributing.  This specific group of survivors were outcasts from neighboring cities that were escaping prosecution and valued freedom. 

Seeking shelter from the rain, the small group of settlers built shacks, and to feed themselves, they planted a wheat field and hunted the local wildlife.  What started out as a few families doubled in size in a very short timespan as word got out of the new settlement.  The extra hands meant that the settlers could plant a corn field, as well, leading to excess food crop which they took to the closest city and sold for Earth Dollars (EDs). 

The population of the new settlement, called Hope, now had a population 34, with corn and wheat fields that are the town’s only tradeable goods.  The pictures below show the beginnings of this new settlement.  Welcome to the story of Hope!

• By Simmer2
      SM2 Dry Stone Walls  (Muro Secco)
      Are a type of wall made with stones found locally and assembled without mortar thus the name Dry Wall (Muro Secco)
      They are mostly found in European countries. Unfortunately they are the remnants of a lost art. No one makes them anymore.
      These walls were used to "fence in" properties and also to provide shelter for livestock.
      I tried to provide almost all possible combination in order to make just about any shape you may need.
      Orthogonal, diagonal, round corner, sharp corner, diagonal to orthogonal, broken walls, overhanging diags and orthos, open gates, closed gates, even gates on diagonals and more!
      There are also a few stone structures to complement the set and one special transition piece which will allow you to follow heights differences of 7.5 meters. (slope friendly). Please use the road lifter tool in the NAM menu to set height to 7.5 meters when using the transition piece for best results.
      Included are 4 lots (Orthogonal only) that will make it possible to create EDGE to EDGE scenes.
      And last but not least, I have included 2 MMP files based on the model and texture of the wall, for those hard to reach areas. They are slope friendly and you can even place them under water if you wish.
      I created a custom icon set with clear and easy to recognize symbols, You will find all 42 lots in the park menu.
      No cost to plop, maintain and bulldoze. Neutral lots. The lots have no base textures. Just plop them and dress them with your favorite MMP.
      No Dependencies.
      Simmer2
    • By AndisArt
      AndisArt presents:
      Tower Verre - 53W53  (aka MoMA Expansion Tower)
      Origin:                       Midtown, New York City
      Construction:          2014 - 2018
      Building Height:      320m after design revision. This BAT represents the original design (381m height)
      Architect:                 Jean Nouvel
      Purpose:                   Lower levels: expansion of gallery space for MoMA, rest of tower: condos
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Lot Size:        4x2
      No dependencies.
      Contains 3 different lots:
      Landmark
      Plop Cost:              187.000
      Monthly Cost:        150
      Mayor Rating:        Value: 10, Radius: 256
      Found in Landmark menu, sorted by plop cost
      Growable
      Residents:        2030 R$$$
      Tilesets:           New York, Chicago
      Growth Stage: 8
      Plobbable with Jobs
      CS Jobs:            310 ($$$)
      Plop Cost:         187.000
      Found in Landmark menu, sorted by plop cost
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      For the growable version you need to zone high density zones.
      The ploppable version is functional just as the growable and is located in the "Landmarks" menu.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Installation Instructions:
      Extract the file and copy the folder to your SimCity 4 Plugins folder (usually MyDocuments/SimCity 4/Plugins).
      The main folder contains the model file, the read-me and a picture of the BAT.
      Never delete the .sc4model file since it contains the building model itself.
      The three different lots are organized in sub-folders, keep them all or choose the ones you want to use in the game. All three lots can be used at the same time.
      Available to download for DarkNite (DN) and Maxis night (MN), DarkNite recommended.
      The DarkNite version requires SimFox's Day and Nite Mod, download here.
      Warning:
      Only use either the MaxisNite or the DarkNite version, you cannot use both at the same time!

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections