5 Screenshots

About This File

Perth Council Building, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

Inspired by the Council Building in Perth's Stirling Gardens, here is another iconic early 1960's building.

This is an example of the modernist style with Bauhaus leanings, and has distinctive external 'T' shaped sun-shades in alternating patterns over the curtain glass wall to block out the hot Western Australian sun. Conversely, the roof area has a perspex covered walkway which I imagine would be about as comfortable as an ant under a magnifying glass in the broiling summer heat!

It is with the 'T' shaped awnings that I taken most of the liberties with this building; reducing the width of the top part of the 'T' to ensure that each sun-shade is clearly visible in game rather than blurring into one. 

The real-life building was actually slated for demolition in the 1990's, but was saved and renovated as well as adding one extra floor at the top of the building. 

Recently, the building was also fitted thousands of coloured leds: hence, the unusual, and prettily-coloured night-lights.

This BAT functions as a government building and town hall in game. 

In addition to providing your sims with 185 highly desirable civic jobs, it will help alleviate the commercial demand caps that can hinder city development. Given the way that the game is designed, in addition to providing health, education, safety, etc, using rewards is an absolutely necessary part of being able to develop large cities and regions.

It sits on a 5x3 lot and will easily blend in with other park lots (such as the SFBT mid-wealth set) that use the Maxis R$$ plain grass. Similarly, given the fact that the building is 13 floors high, it will also work well in a dense city environment.

* It is offered as a reward without needing to meet pre-existing conditions.
* It is located in the REWARD Menu 
* It can be placed more than once in a city. 
* It DOES NOT over-write the ingame town hall (or any re-lotted versions there-of), so can be used in conjunction with the standard Maxis town hall reward.
* It DOES NOT over-write any of my other town hall lots (so can be used in conjunction with these as well).

STATS:

Lot size :               5 x 3
Plop Cost:            §47,000
Monthly Cost:      §1,170
Budget Item:        Government Buildings
Occupant Groups: Reward, Courthouse
Demand Created:  Jobs§: 23, Jobs§§: 151, Jobs§§§: 11.
Landmark Effect: +105 over 33 tiles
Pollution:               Air 3 over 2 tiles, Water 2 over 3 tiles, Garbage 31 over 0 tiles
Power consumed:  55 MwH
Water consumed:  111 Gallons/Month
Bulldoze Cost:       §11,720

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mods) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:

To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
*BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:

Sadly, negative comments/reviews from a few members of the community continue to force me to add this utterly ridiculous disclaimer...this building has underground parking, and I have not used parking textures. If you wish to add parking textures, please do so using the lot editor and keep your negativity to yourself.

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks.

User Feedback