6 Screenshots

About This File

Alighieri Apartments, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

Alighieri apartments is a fictional creation in the modern international style. 

These apartments are 14 floors high and designed to fit into tight inner-city 2x2 blocks. It will work as a stand-alone apartment building as well as in a wall to wall environment. It also provides a little bit of much needed competition to the HKABT/Bixel apartments which have few competitors in the 2x2 space.

Like many inner-city apartment buildings, the ground floor is devoted to retail space.

The tower area has four apartments per floor, each apartment has a corner balcony; the street-facing apartments are larger (3 bedrooms) and have floor-to-ceiling glass in the lounge area. 

The rear apartments are 2 bedrooms each. There is no penthouse suite, instead residents enjoy a roof-top communal pool. Basement parking rounds out inner-city convenience.

This is a growable R§§ apartment on a 2x2 lot on all tilesets.

STATS R§§:

Lot size :                   2x2 
Growth Stage:         7 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
Bulldoze Cost:         § 807
Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 1,106, R§§ 612
Pollution:                  5 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:    5/6/0
Power Consumed:  9 Mwh
Water Consumed:   24 Gal/Month
Building Style:          Houston/Euro/New York/Chicago
Occupant Group:     Medium Wealth Residential Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/

DEPENDENCIES:

This file requires no external dependencies.

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:

Sadly, due to the complaints from a few members of the community, I continue to have to make the parking texture 'disclaimer' on all of my releases. 
This building is designed for inner-city areas. With the exception of the US mid-west where there has been massive, continued economic downturn and a flight to suburbia, no inner city area in the world has acres of parking: land is simply too expensive. 
This building has underground parking for residents only and visitors are expected to arrive by either public transport or park their car on the street; therefore no parking textures are included in the lot. 
If, in the ingame screen shots, there appears to be a parking texture used, it is purely coincidental and merely belongs to an adjacent lot that is not part of this download. 
If you want acres of parking or desire a different parking lot texture, then use the lot editor to make that change.

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Diego Del Llano

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Excelent work, I love the Penthouse. 

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you I hope you are an architect and are making these buildings for RL  well thought out design and very welcome in my cities   great rooftop and excellent lighting (both options)

Share this review

Link to review
Edvarz

Wow! I haven't had the time to review all of these amazing latest uploads individually, but they are all waiting to be installed in my Plugins. Thank you for this barage of great content! Keep up the good work!

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

Fan-speed review!! (nah, I was downloading Diego's buildings and this one appeared on the list even before the notification came)

It's gorgeous nonetheless, and perfect to go with dense residential redevelopments on latin american themed cities! It's just on the soft and empty spot between super-dense asian buildings and super-huge US residential towers.

Share this review

Link to review
Fantozzi

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Yes! When a city grows over 30.000 - that's the kind of residentials you want to see grow - which are common (at least in europe) and realistic - as most people of the world don't live in luxury mansions. You add much realism with apartment buildings of this kind. This is the stuff real cities mainly consists off.

Share this review

Link to review
avenumaster

i wanted a nice modern highrise for my sims...so i downloaded this. i cant even describe how impressive it is. as with all your work like american city bank, and the bon marche...you continue to crank out masterpieces.

Share this review

Link to review
cronop

Thanks

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

overall well done, 5/5... like the subject for project study in design...

Share this review

Link to review
sucram17

very useful

Share this review

Link to review
marcelodeejay

Great work.

Share this review

Link to review
Tenzin

Wow! MattB I love so much your architecture style! This one of the best condo ever I see! An wonderful work! *:8)

Share this review

Link to review
JP Schriefer

Nicely done!

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By IL.
      This apartment building is available both as a landmark and a residential building.
      It's a wall to wall building, that's why it lacks to windows on the sides.

Pollution: low
      Landmark effect: medium
      Sims capacity: medium
      No dependencies needed.

• By andisart
      AndisArt presents:
      Tower Verre - 53W53  (aka MoMA Expansion Tower)
      Origin:                       Midtown, New York City
      Construction:          2014 - 2018
      Building Height:      320m after design revision. This BAT represents the original design (381m height)
      Architect:                 Jean Nouvel
      Purpose:                   Lower levels: expansion of gallery space for MoMA, rest of tower: condos
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Lot Size:        4x2
      No dependencies.
      Contains 3 different lots:
      Landmark
      Plop Cost:              187.000
      Monthly Cost:        150
      Mayor Rating:        Value: 10, Radius: 256
      Found in Landmark menu, sorted by plop cost
      Growable
      Residents:        2030 R$$$
      Tilesets:           New York, Chicago
      Growth Stage: 8
      Plobbable with Jobs
      CS Jobs:            310 ($$$)
      Plop Cost:         187.000
      Found in Landmark menu, sorted by plop cost
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      For the growable version you need to zone high density zones.
      The ploppable version is functional just as the growable and is located in the "Landmarks" menu.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Installation Instructions:
      Extract the file and copy the folder to your SimCity 4 Plugins folder (usually MyDocuments/SimCity 4/Plugins).
      The main folder contains the model file, the read-me and a picture of the BAT.
      Never delete the .sc4model file since it contains the building model itself.
      The three different lots are organized in sub-folders, keep them all or choose the ones you want to use in the game. All three lots can be used at the same time.
      Available to download for DarkNite (DN) and Maxis night (MN), DarkNite recommended.
      The DarkNite version requires SimFox's Day and Nite Mod, download here.
      Warning:
      Only use either the MaxisNite or the DarkNite version, you cannot use both at the same time!

• By adventurerneil
      Hey all - looking for some BAT suggestions to beef up my collection of late-stage growables, specifically R and C and 2X3, 3X3, 2X4, 3X4, 4X4, etc type lots. Towers, tenements, and commercial services, oh my!   Mid-rises and other dynamic shapes welcome too. 
    • By andisart
      This is a set of growable homes inspired by SC2013.
      They come in 15 different color variations and sit on a total of 15 lots.

A custom building foundation has been created (including nightlights), so the lots are slope-friendly. A foundation will extend on a slopy terrain.
      Each lot comes with the house as a prop family (separated only into color and neutral) to enhance variety.
      There are lots for the colorfuls and lots for the neutrals, so you can choose to use either or both at the same time.

Available in Maxis night and DarkNite. Warning: you can only use one version at a time!
      The lots come in different sizes in growth stages 1 - 4.
      They have no dependencies, except of SimFox' DarkNite Mod for the DarkNite version.
      Tileset: New York & Chicago

Credits:  T Wrecks & SimCoug for testing
      Special thanks to SimCoug, Aaron Graham and over at SC4D to callagrafx and c.p. for their help during the foundation creation process
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      EDIT:  Oct 26 2016 - no edit on the file itself, title of entry amended to avoid search engine unfriendly term (style)

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections