3 Screenshots

About This File

The MGM Tower (Constellation Place), is a tower of 35 floors, located in Century City, Los Angeles, CA. Built in 2003, for years it served as headquarters of the Golden Metro (MGM) until 2011, currently is home to Houlihan Lokey, ICM Partners and International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC).

About the Model:
My first BAT and belongs to a Sketchup model, with its minor modifications.
* Does not count on night light.
*Monument
* Photo faces

I hope you like my first model, it is a bit bago but I hope to improve, I would like your criticism and observations, agradesco to "Diego del Llano" for its tips. Greetings and enjoy.

Model sourced from the 3D Warehouse, created by Google Geo Models.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

adambailey39

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I like the building and understand about being a sketchup model. I also use sketchup but not download from the warehouse, I build my models myself from scratch. I was wondering if you have any idea how to add nightlights to sketchup models? Or anybody else that might know?

Share this review

Link to review
Diego Del Llano

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Good your First BAT keep Practicing, and you'll see soon great things !! 

Share this review

Link to review
His Divine Hand

1 of 4 members found this review helpful 1 / 4 members

This looks like a warehouse model with bad textures slapped on in sketchup; which you admit it is.

Honestly, this is a poor first showing by someone who has been around long enough to know better.  

Share this review

Link to review
Prophet42

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Great first BAT!  I do have a couple of suggestions:

1) The base could use some added detail.  You could use planters, more trees, newspaper stands, etc... to spruce up the grounds.

2) The roof needs a little more work.  The details are not very crisp.  I would add some texture to the roof and a few more props.

3) Study other BATter's work to see what details they have added to their BATs to make them great.  A few suggestions would be Mattb325, Madhatter, Aarron Grahm, SimGobber...plus many others.

Overall, a great job on your first BAT.  I gave you 5/5.  Looking forward to further creations from you.  Keep up the good work.

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By edwardjeria
      Hi guys, it's me ...
      I decided to open this new topic to show my work in the Bat's by Sketchup.
      I know there are some who oppose the use of this program, like some who criticized my first rookie job. that's why, after a few of tutorials and practices, I think I have what it takes to take this project ... I hope your support and patience ... regards
      I want to give special and applause to:
      *Diego Del Llano
      *Jasoncw
      Thanks guys, without you, I would not have made it

PD( Sorry for my English. I'm Chilean)
    • By Wheezy
      Excuse the sardonic title.
      My goal is to be able to take a city block I've made in SC4, recreate it in Sketchup, then retexture it myself.  
      I could just do this using Sketchup's downloadable models, but since SC4's divided into a grid of 56-foot tiles, it makes an excellent layout tool.  So, whether it's Maxis's buildings or custom ones, I'm just looking for 3d models that fit the game's proportions.  I can use substitutes to fill in any gaps.
      However, I have no idea if it's even possible to view the game's original 3d assets, and even more vexing, it seems all the 3d files on the exchange are .max.  I've never had an .edu email and I'm not a professional CG artist, so I'll pass on the $3,700 program.
      So, in short, is there any way to find any in-game buildings as 3DS's, OBJ's, or any format readable by any non-Autodesk program?  Or is there any way to download files I could open in BAT itself, so I can at least get their proportions and rebuild them quicker?
      Thanks, everyone.
    • By TekindusT
      I went to California earlier this year for work reasons and the area I stayed was very far from any kind of public transport. Still, we had one afternoon to spare to visit Hollywood and of course, make a couple of pictures.
    • By SimCityHawk
      Los Angeles in SimCity 3000. A large and flat urban area that continues way beyond the size of this map. Hollywood, Venice Beach, Sunset Boulevard, Beverly Hills and lots of highways and traffic.
       Population: 756.354
      Created by SimCityHawk

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections