5 Screenshots

About This File

City Data Center, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

This is a fictional building, the idea for which was inspired by a BAT by Heblem "LBT Torre de Comunicaciones Telmex" available on CapitalSimCity.

In real life data centers are used for many companies who either a) outsource their IT infrastructure or b) wish to house their IT infrastructure in a seperate location from their main offices due to either lack of space or for business continuity and disaster recovery purposes. 

I made this little building for myself and have decided to share it. 

It is representative of data centres that are often dotted within denser urban locations: its boxy, heavy set design with raise entry is meant to ensure it can withstand ram-raids and bomb attacks. This data centre will fit into a W2W environment, but also as a stand alone building.

It is designed for a 2x2 PLOPPABLE ONLY lot - it really isn't something that you want springing up multiple times in a city - and provides relief from demand caps for Res and I-HT (in real life Hi-tech industry rarely houses its IT infrastructure within the factory walls that it occupies). 

It is in the Landmarks menu and functions as ploppable IH-T industry.

It provides 325 Hi Tech Jobs.

STATS:

Lot size :                 2x2
Plop Cost:               §12,810
Occupant Groups: Hi Tech Industry
Wealth:                    High Wealth
Demand Created:  Jobs§§§: 325.
Pollution:                 Air 8 over 6 tiles, Water 3 over 7 tiles, Garbage 4 over 0 tiles
Power consumed:  59 MwH
Water consumed:   55 Gallons/Month
Bulldoze Cost:        §815

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/

DEPENDENCIES:

This file does not require external dependencies.

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

Thanks, and enjoy!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This could totally double as a replacement for (or alternative to) Maxis' TV station, too. *:)

Apart from your usual BATting skills, two aspects that are particularly good IMO are the signs of wear and weather on the building, and those satellite dishes. The latter often end up too bright and glaring, which also blurs their shape. You managed to find a great balance: they are bright, but not glaring, and the details really pop instead of being drowned in a white blob.

Gotta agree with you on the reasons for not making this a growable - especially with that advertisement! If I saw that face plastered all over my industrial areas, I'd probably go crazy. *:lol:

Share this comment

Thanks for your work!! Buildings like this help keep the game fresh, reflecting how cities have changed since 2003. 

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

Rorschach Research & Development by jestarr

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

Time to continue with the IRM! After several SimGoober uploads, it's time for a few buildings made by another very productive industrial BATter, jestarr.
      The 14th upload in this series, Rorschach Research & Delivery by jestarr, is a pretty generic and nondescript building that could house pretty much anything that doesn't require huge machinery and towering smokestacks. In this case, it houses the laboratories and offices of a an R&D company. The two lots included are extremely simple and straightforward, with at least one side open towards the surroundings. Being so generic, it should fit into bigger compounds, therefore I opted against a secluded lot.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 40 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 160 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download: 3x4, Stage 2 4x3, Stage 2 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. Rorschach R&D - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to jestarr.

T Wrecks, December 12, 2017
    • By mattb325
      Plaza Hotel New York, by Mattb325.
      Like so many buildings in New York city, the Plaza Hotel can claim 'icon' status.
      This 20-story landmark building opened in 1907 on Central Park South and the main entrance faces the Grand Army Plaza (from which the Plaza Hotel derives its name).
      The building is in a French Renaissance Chateau style. It was extended in 1921 with the addition of a 300 room annexe along W58th St.
      This is a complex building - indeed one of the more complex buildings I have batted - with no two elevations the same. 
      While the BAT I have made is a fairly faithful interpretation of the real Plaza hotel, in order to get this into a game constrained by 16m2 tiles, I have had to reinterpret some elements of the building.
      The main areas that have been deliberately altered  to ensure that this is a good and useful game asset (rather than a strict recreation) are most evident along the W58th St side, which in real life is longer than the Central Park Side. 
      To that end I have taken off approx 10m along the W58th St frontage which ensures that the building sits comfortably on 5 tiles and added a matching roof turret for symmetry. 
      The front elevation is slightly narrower than the original to ensure that it sits within a 4 tile space. This is to ensure that other W2W buildings, which are typically 2 tiles deep can grow (or be plopped) adjacent to the building and neatly align (as per the screenshots).
      Lastly, the roof junk has been deliberately streamlined and simplified to avoid the very cluttered roof-top look of the original building.
      All that said, if you believe that a recreation must be 100% accurate, then this BAT is not for you, as I have made the changes to the building in order to ensure that it is a good and useful game asset.
      The building comes in a growable CS§§§ 4x5 lot, a ploppable CS§§§ 4x5 lot and a growable R§§§ 4x5 lot.

It grows on the New York tileset and given that is an oversized Chateau, in my opinion would work equally well in a Euro environment.
      STATS CS§§§ (Growable & Ploppable):
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         8 (High Density Zoning; N/A for ploppable)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 8,999 CS§§ 2,252 CS§§§ 903
      Pollution:                  45 (Air)/ 30 (Water)/ 60 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  188 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   1,683 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

STATS R§§§ :
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         7 (High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 10,143 R§§ 5,600 R§§§ 2,448
      Pollution:                  25 (Air)/ 8 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  217 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   288 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:
      * Dayopeace.dat
      N.B: this is for the moving flag props and is one of the Maxis files that were available on the official exchange. Most users will have this. However, if you don't, it is available here: https://screwpiledevelopments.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/
      Scroll until you see the 'Day of Peace' and then click on the link. You do not need a drop-box account to download the file (you can dismiss the account creation request and download this as a guest).

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      There are none. Your driver circles the block while you and your guests dine inside at the Palm Court. If you don't understand this concept, then don't download 
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
    • By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

Modern Warehouses by SimGoober

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

This is going to be the last SimGoober relot for a while, but I hope you'll bear with me one more time before we move on to other authors.
      The 13th upload in this series, Modern Warehouses by SimGoober, is a four-in-one download: SimGoober made four variants of this building that differ slightly in appearance, but share the same footprint, function, and stats. The lots are rather simplistic, the only exception being the slightly curved driveways on the bigger version. The compact version will require some filler lots - or a road/street access - in the back to give the trucks enough room to manoeuvre if you are obsessed enough with realism. While the bigger lot is more enclosed and looks pretty much like a standalone facility, the smaller one will tie into any surrounding high-tech industry and is easy to complement with fillers.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 55 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 220 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download: 5x4, Stage 3 5x5, Stage 2 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. Modern Warehouses - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the file "SG_WarehousesModern.dat" is required. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to SimGoober once again.

T Wrecks, November 28, 2017
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Royal Flush Plumbing Supplies.
      Is a I-M 8X10 Industrial lot for all your plumbing needs!.
      It provides 462 $$jobs
      Requires water and power.
      You will find it in your Landmark menu.
      Happy flushing!
      Simmer2
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol2 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol4 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol5 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3555
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures - https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/

Have fun.
      Simmer2

• By Bones1
      This mod doubles the number of jobs provided by the in-game industry buildings. There are 4 files you can optionally install; they double the jobs for each industry category (farming, dirty, manufacturing, and high-tech). So, you don't have to double all the industry categories if you don't wish to do so; you can pick & choose.
      I made this mod after trying out the industry-quadrupler mod on this site. I found that mod to be unbalanced, and in the "cheat" category, so I made an alternative mod to be more balanced with the rest of the game.
      1. I only doubled the number of jobs, rather than quadrupled them. I found 4x was just too much.
      2. I doubled the building tax values. This makes the income from industry to be the same as the default for the same number of jobs. This allows a "industry city" to be economically feasible, just as with the default game values.
      3. I doubled the power and water requirements for the buildings. This means you have to spend the same amount of money to support a similar number of jobs as you would with the game default. (I found this balance to be lacking in the industry quadrupler.)
      4. I doubled the pollution from each building. Again, this means that the same amount of jobs will produce the same amount of pollution as with the game's default. (Again, missing in the 4x mod.)

See the readme for installation details.

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections