5 Screenshots

About This File

Max's Microchips, by Mattb325.
---------------------------------------

As part of providing some much needed, long overdue upgrades to some of the Maxis I-HT stalwarts, I decided that Max's Microchips deserved a new 're-imaging' for the 21st Century. Please note that this doesn't interfere with the original Maxis files and will also work for those who have a Maxis blocker installed.

This I-HT Anchor lot comes in two flavours: 6x6 and 8x8 (use the CTRL Key while zoning to ensure that you get the correct lot size).

It is growable only on medium and high density Industrial zones and provides 1,184 jobs.

The building itself is strictly fictional; although I drew inspiration from the some of the Industrial developments that are springing up in SE Asia where large areas of the building activity and function are contained underground. This is one such building as evidenced by the sloping driveway and reflective pond covered roof punctuated by air intake vents.

The two floors visible from street level are for office and reception space.

Stats, links and dependencies are listed below.

STATS (IHT):

Growth Stage:           2 & 3 (medium and high density zones)
Bulldoze Cost:          §264
Capacity Satisfied:  IH-T 1,184
Pollution:                  19 (Air)/ 7 (Water)/ 6 (Garbage )
Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
Power Consumed:   139 Mwh
Water Consumed:    130 Gal/Month
Building Style:           Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
Occupant Group:      Industrial Hi-Tech

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot or Desc files!

If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. Either:

Or: http://gizmo.aplaceforwebsite.com/index.php (please note Gizmo's site is no longer operational)

DEPENDENCIES:

*BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180

*BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790

*BSC Textures Vol01:                      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90

To install, simply unzip the file into your plugins folder.

Thankyou and enjoy.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Fantozzi

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

But this is outstanding. It looks very good, shure. That's one of the best water textures I ever did see - even the 19th century naturalists didn't paint it better. But last night I did a relot and f.e. the ramp matches the size of 2 floor tiles and than the entrance matches the floor tile the same - so it is surprisingly easy to relot this bat in LE even if it has a complex layout. It's not only very beautiful, it fits the world of SC4 perfectly.

Might be called a precision landing.

Just to compare (if you think I'm joking on the water):

hackert-jakob-philipp-1781-karlsruhe-355

Share this review

Link to review
Prophet42

Excellent work!!  Glad to see you posting on the STEX again.  I automatically download your BATs.  The variety they provide to SC4 is exceptional.

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

Awesome, I'd really given up hope of seeing these models after they were in the thread of doomed content. Very useful addition and a great quality model, thanks so much for sharing :D.

Share this review

Link to review
kingofsimcity

Such a slick and unique looking re-imagination of the original. Wonderful!

Share this review

Link to review
tariely

Oh that reflection pool !!! But the whole concept of that building is brilliant. Thank you. Again.

(Not to be gushing, but each time you upload something I am reminded of what I felt when I first discovered your bats -- there were enough at the time so that I could DL for quite a while, each time going "oooooh-and-that-one ! :-) )

Share this review

Link to review
SimCoug

Sleek and sexy - Max has done well for himself.  The modeling is sublime as usual, but the textures really make me do a double take.  I want to jump in that reflection pool!  The fact that this is your own design is just icing on the cake.  Great work!

Share this review

Link to review
cronop

Thanks

Share this review

Link to review
raynev1

This is awesome , It looks great . Not many dependencies , right up my alley .

5/5 Thanks for sharing .

Share this review

Link to review
sucram17

really nice.  that slope looks so good. but that parking spaces are really annoying. still a great bat.

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

wow, awesome surprise... when RL caught up with you I thought 'well, thats it for great bats on the STEX..."  and here you surprise....  like it all over, a super well done 5/5

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you so much for returning with more excellent SC4 content   love this building and the below grade portion is very realistic

excellent texture on the pool too

Share this review

Link to review
Silur

Excellent work! 

All very harmonious and balanced. I have always had a deficit of realistic buildings for I-HT

Thank You!

Share this review

Link to review
Tyberius06

Beautiful work, very nice BAT and lot as always! Thank you very much! :)

I would recommend the SHK or rather KOSC SuperSHK parking textures for the parking lots, BUT you use always so tastefully these old parking textures, and they fit so nicely on your lots, therefore it's not necessary to mention those textures, because your lots are amazing anyway! :) 

Share this review

Link to review

Love this building, look like a nice lil ol' tech startup trying to make its way into the world. Just two things I want to comment on.

1.) Would you consider making that box truck into a separate prop?

2.) I think if I remember correctly this is a biut of an older building, I'd suggest in the future using the SHK parking textures and props over the older BSC ones.

Share this review

Link to review

That's so beautiful! All the textures, details, reflections...amazing!

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

I was giving all this buildings for dead, even after the deco store got uploaded, this is the greatest surprise!

The sunken concept is frankly the best part, and the whole building is fantastic, one of those fictional creations one is sorry that won't be able to visit in RL.

Share this review

Link to review

When I looked in the DL list I was beyond happy, this is a beautiful lot and model and so are you man :D

Share this review

Link to review

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections