3 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC Presents: IndustryMania - Trucking Essentials

Introduction

Do you want to recreate a large distribution center with ample truck parking space of all angles and populate them with tons of random trailers from different freight and logistic companies? This essentials package, which is the prelude to my upcoming IndustryMania re-lot series, provides a set of custom truck parking textures and prop families for @MushyMushy's HD North American trucks which will allow you to do just that.

Package Overview

This package contains a set of 38 unique overlay textures, offered in either white or yellow paint for a total of 76. Additionally, there are 36 prop families that cover all of the props included in the original trailers and semi cab sets. Additional details are in the enclosed README.

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Note that the prop families DAT supersedes the original props' .sc4desc files. It is recommended that you relocate or remove the original from your plugins folder to avoid potential conflict. 

Dependencies

The textures are standalone and will not require any dependencies. However, the prop families will not function properly without the original trucks:

Props

Credit goes to MushyMushy for the wonderful set of trailers and semis!

Enjoy!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is trucking brilliant, especially because of the prop families included! Even without the textures, these can be used to enhance any lot that involves truck logistics.

Come to think of it, this is another little niche where Maxis disappointed. Randomised garbage cans to simulate Sims taking out the trash and getting it collected? Check. Randomised industrial/commercial trucks to simulate cargo handling and transport? Lol nope. :whatevs:

Thank you for making such a great contribution to filling this gap!

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

Ouellette Electronics by Jasoncw

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

Ok, so finally we come back to uploads where I actually had to do some lotting work, hehe.
      The 21st upload in this series, Ouellette Electronics by Jasoncw, features a little grass / parking area and a driveway in the back and some space around the lot that I could use to play a bit with different configurations - see the screenshots.
      This is an older 3dsmax building that only exists for Maxis night, but due to technical reasons will not be compatible with the gradual day/night cycle. Instead, it will switch from the day model to the night model - and back - instantaneously, as practically all 3dsmax BATs do.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 130 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 520 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download:
      6x6, Stage 3 (2 versions) For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: NO Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: NO *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:
      Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. Ouellette Electronics - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to Jasoncw - wish we had a DarkNite version, too.

T Wrecks, January 19, 2018
    • By T Wrecks

LaVaughn Biotech by Jasoncw

For the time being, this is going to be the last "lazy lot" where I didn't actually have to do much lotting, I swear!
      The 20th upload in this series, LaVaughn Biotech by Jasoncw, once again filled the lot almost completely so that I thought it would be best to leave it at that - not least to keep the lot size manageable. Other growable lots or ploppable lots can be used to expand the premises, but the building will also look good when surrounded by roads/streets on all sides. If you look closely, however, I did make two versions with a subtle difference: one (version A) is surrounded by concrete, the other one (version B) by a thin strip of grass and a narrow sidewalk. While version A will probably look best surrounded by other I-HT stuff, version B should be fine surrounded by roads.
      Once again, this is a 3dsmax building that can be downloaded in both DarkNite and Maxis night, but due to technical reasons will not be compatible with the gradual day/night cycle. Instead, it will switch from the day model to the night model - and back - instantaneously, as practically all 3dsmax BATs do.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 128 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 512 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download:
      6x6, Stage 3 (2 versions) For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: NO Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. LaVaughn Biotech - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required. Make sure you download the correct night version, DarkNite or Maxis night! NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to Jasoncw.

T Wrecks, January 18, 2018
    • By T Wrecks

Hammer Data Security by Jasoncw

Before I move on to the next longer series, I'd like to release some more relatively modern BATs.
      The 19th upload in this series, Hammer Data Security by Jasoncw, is another somewhat cheap relot where I didn't have to do much because the building already fills the lot pretty much. I only made an additional lot featuring some access roads right and left as well as narrow tile sidewalks that complement the building's shape rather well if I may say so myself. The rest was the usual bit of shoving some hex figures around, editing files and the rest of the bore and snore fest that modding often is.
      Once again, this is a 3dsmax building that can be downloaded in both DarkNite and Maxis night, but due to technical reasons will not be compatible with the gradual day/night cycle. Instead, it will switch from the day model to the night model - and back - instantaneously, as practically all 3dsmax BATs do.
      The default version of the building will provide 116 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 464 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download: 4x6, Stage 3 5x6, Stage 3 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: NO Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. Hammer Data Security - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required. Make sure you download the correct night version, DarkNite or Maxis night! NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to Jasoncw.

T Wrecks, January 13, 2018 (yeah, I only got around to uploading it today)
    • By kingofsimcity
      Welcome to the King's Workshop! This is a central hub for all of my lot projects and well as any discussions associated with them.
      LOT PROJECTS
      GENERAL SETS
      Maxis Mansion Overhaul
      This set transforms Maxis' R$$$ mansions into the affluent that they deserve to be.
      Base Set -> Extension Set - adds brand new lots and sizes as well as specialty and themed re-lots for some buildings. -> Gated Communities Set - Est. May 2018 - adds small gated communities. Allows you to grow a neighborhood with a single lot. SuperParking (SP) Modular Parking
      The ultimate modular parking set. Designed to be incredibly flexible and comprehensive.
      Base Set -> Diagonal Set -> Extension Set -> Add-On Pack 1 -> DAMN Menus Diego Del Llano Growables & Lots
      Diego released an incredible amount of high quality BATs but none of them were made growable by default. This set aims to fix that.
      2017 Growables - Pack 1 2017 Growables - Pack 2 - Est. Feb 2018 Puerto Vallarta Residential Pack - Est. April 2018 INDIVIDUAL RELEASES
      King's Community Parks - TBD, Est. Jan 2018
      A pack of parks for small cities and communities.
      AoT Tennis Park - Green Green Tennis Greens
      Tennis park lot designed for a Simtropolis challenge.
      Simgoober's Large Shopping Center
      A large shopping center re-lot with more realistic proportions. A precursor to the RetailMania project.
      SERIES

The sets that started it all. This collection of re-lots focuses on taking Ill Tonkso's old offices buildings and turning them into very large and sprawling complexes.
      RELEASES
      Ill Tonkso Plaza CIS Center Tonkso Corporate Park, Trowbridge Offices Trafalgar Complexes Lakeside Place 280 Executive Square East Point Offices CAMden Heights Offices Holbourne Offices Folegate Leasings Zurich House 110 Cannon Street TBD
      Glennishire House/Bishopgate Pewsley House Sutton Financial Lettings DR Pawley and Associates - Est. April 2018

This category expands the Office Park concept to offices released by many other authors.
      RELEASES
      Mattb325's Zurich Insurance TBD
      Simgoober's Office Buildings Maxis Office Park - Est. Feb 2018 Madhatter106's Office Buildings

RetailMania is a revitalization series geared towards stores and shopping centers.
      RELEASES
      gascooker's Tesco Supermarket Simgoober's Super Shopping Center Simgoober's Costco TBD
      Simgoober's Super Shopping Center 2 - Est. Jun 2018 Simgoober's Modular Plop-A-Centers - Est. April 2018

Much like RetailMania, IndustryMania is a revitalization series geared towards industrial buildings, primarily large manufacturing and hi-tech warehousing.
      RELEASES
      Trucking Essentials - Primary Dependency Package Bobbo662's Dell Plant Simgoober's Costco Distribution Center TBD
      Simgoober's Modern Warehouses - Est. Mar 2018 Simgoober's Tractor Supply & WallyK Warehouses - Est. Feb 2018 Simgoober's Fukitol Pharms LEGACY CONTENT
      MEH - Maxis EnHanced
      The original concept for office parks and Maxis reworks.
      RELEASES
      Office Parks - Medium Wealth Pack Office Parks - Starter Pack Rockerfeller Center Growables Really Old Stuff (Pre-2006)
      My first forays into custom content creator in the early days of ST.
      Devlin Square - park tribute to NDEX member Devlin FosterK Plaza - park tribute to NDEX member FosterK Daggestra Plaza Pack - set of parks utilizing cerulean's Daggerstra fountain Lossista Plaza - park utilizing cerulean's Lossista fountain Extra Co. High Wealth Lots - Larger growable CO$$$ lots for easier growth Medium Wealth and Commerical Combo Pack - Larger growable CO$$ and R$$ lots for easier growth More I-HT Lots - Extra HT growables for more frequent growth Extra Residential Lots - Larger growable R lots for easier growth More Tree Lots - Some lots with lots of trees Tall Pine Tree - A very tall pine tree TEXTURE PROJECTS
      All of my fully realized texture projects are released on the STEX as a complete set or on Google Drive as a repository. The repository versions will allow you to easily create derivatives or generate a texture-replaced set using GoFSH.
      STANDARD RELEASES
      SuperSHK Parking Textures
      The ultimate parking texture resource. Currently released in 1 MEGA volume and 1 add-on volume.
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures v 1.01 - Primary Dependency Package SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures - Will eventually be consolidated into MEGA Parking Textures Vol. 2 SuperPaths Pathways Textures
      A robust selection of pathway textures to create dynamic and flowing pathways in plazas and parks.
      REPOSITORIES
      SuperSHK Parking Textures for GoFSH v 2.01
      SuperPaths Pathway Textures for GoFSH v 1.0
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperPaths Pathway Textures
      Introduction

Take your park pathways to the next level! SuperPaths is a brand new set of texture aimed at tackling the ever so saturated territory of pathways with... err... many twists and turns!
      Overview
      This set contains a total of 373 overlay textures geared towards dynamic and flowing park paths..
      In additional to covering standard fare orthogonal pathways, this set deeply explores inter-connectivity with other less utilized pathing options. Diagonals and FA2 pathways are given a chance to shine with an insane amount of options. Couple that with wide radius curves and s-curves and the layout options provided are practically limitless!
      The release contains 6 different base texture options for you to choose between.
      Install Instructions
      NOTE: As this is a dependency package, there are no lots included.
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 

Lotters, copy the contents of PIMXGroups.txt into your groups.ini file located in the PIM-X install directory. This will allow easier access to these textures in the lot editor.
      Dependencies
      None.
      Acknowledgements
      Thanks to rivit and rsc204 for their work on GoFSH, as well as cp for some of the base textures that I used as a template here. This set would not have been possible without their work.
      Enjoy!

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections