12. RandyE

RandyE

13. Alan Waters

Alan Waters

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Xephren
      The Mariana Islands (also the Marianas) are a crescent-shaped archipelago comprising the summits of fifteen mostly dormant volcanic mountains in the western North Pacific Ocean, between the 12th and 21st parallels north and along the 145th meridian east. They lie south-southeast of Japan, west-southwest of Hawaii, north of New Guinea and east of the Philippines, demarcating the Philippine Sea's eastern limit. They are found in the northern part of the western Oceanicsub-region of Micronesia, and are politically divided into two jurisdictions of the United States: the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and, at the southern end of the chain, the territory of Guam.
      This map is probably around half scale.
      Enjoy, My lads
    • By AmiPolizeiFunk
      When a prop has no LOD (I don't know how this happens... I thought the game auto-generated LODs for models when you don't give it a custom one), does the engine draw the main model when you're far away? Basically I'm trying to figure out if props with no LOD models kill your performance.

• By Murokmakto
      Hello everybody,

I´m a big fan of first person trips through virtual cities. Since the first city building game I played I always wanted to walk the streets of my cities and see a pedestrians view. Luckily this is possible in Cities: Skylines; this is why I am going to do a series of first persion trip videos of my City (ies).

This one is set in the City of San Salvador (I am going to do a tour and Lets Play later on), which is about 70% done,.
      I hope you enjoy!

• By bluesky.23
      Hi all, I want to ask a simple question about Lot Editor, how to precisely place props in Lot Editor? So, in my case, I want to put blinking red light in my object. But I find it difficult to placing it in Lot Editor. In some perspective, the props (blinking red light) look already in the place that I want to be. But when I rotate the camera (perspective) in Lot Editor, the props look not in the place that I want to be. When I rotate the camera the position looks higher or lower. As a result, you can see the picture that I attached below, the blinking red lights look floating above my object  
      So, is there any solution to solve this? or maybe plugin that makes the Lot Editor's camera similar with Gmax (Top, Front, Side camera perspective) ?
      Thanks in advance

• By kelistmac

# Hello;

- My name is Jonathan, and today I want to present you my biggest SimCity project. I have this project on my head since I started to play SimCity, even I started this project during the 2006 but I had to leave it because I couldn't get the result that I did want. I am a perfectionist and wanted to do the best New York in SimCity but I did not have the necessary knowledge level. During all these years I've been playing SimCity and trying to make better every single part of the game, more realistic and more visual, almost like a real city. Somebody maybe can remember my recreation of Berlin, or all my Japanese cities, even my first recreation Hong Kong, it had been quite successful here in simtropolis...during these last two years I have been working on my best project called "Windows on the World" with this project, I try to make real or imaginary places around the world and now it's turn to New York city. Now I have everything that I need to make the best recreation of this city, also I have a lot of new ideas to make this Recreation even more special, I just need all your support and all your advices to make this recreation even better.

- I decided start here this project because I am another NYBT member since it was created, and one of my main goals was to make this, a large window to show all the buildings created by my team mates. I just hope you can enjoy with this project, I just want to show New York city, my favorite city in the world, one of my dreams since I was a child and the main reason I started to play SimCity 4.

#####################################################################

# In this topic we will see the current progress of the recreation. This will be a very slow recreation because I have to create and plop every single building, park or road and I spent a lot of time making the lots and even sometimes I need to create some little models on 3ds max, so for that reason please be patient, the result will be better and much realistic. I will try to update with every new picture what I have on my hands and when the city is large and it is evolved I will do major updates showing one by one the most famous and important points of the city, even I'm  thinking of creating a youtube channel to make the city more real, let's see what happen in the future with this.

# Well I think that's all for the presentation of the project, so I hope you support me and together we can make the most realistic New York city recreation, Thank you so much and Greetings

#####################################################################

|| Welcome to - Recreating New York city by Kelistmac ||

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections