Proportional Industry Jobs 1.0.0

(0 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

* It is highly advisable to demolish I-HT yards, I-D/I-M sheds or grounds.(they're the whitish land that's not really a building. Sheds are the tiny buildings in I-D or I-M zones(I'm not sure which one)) The decreased job count for these lots can mean they might turn into ghost jobs. Except for them, the 'buildings' have been boosted in various amounts.

OK, the Industry sector in this game is not really all that great.

I was fed up with the fact that a large industrial building(ex. Dead Forest Paper, Zeno's Truck Parts) is

thirty, forty times larger than a small one(Farley's Foundry, Bella Barium, etc.)

and they have about 3~10 times the jobs. Bella Barium, a 2x2 stage 1 building that looks more like 2x1.5, has 23 jobs.

Zeno's truck Parts is about 2 times taller, 2.5 times wider and 3 times longer, and it's a stage 3. It should not have only 78 jobs.

I used both the Industry Doubler and the Quadrupler once, and while it was nice to have 400-ish jobs on large buildings, an I-HT yard having 20-ish made no sense.

===============================================

So I have boosted the pop counts for those industrial buildings, based on the 3-dimensional size of said buildings and by stage.

(stage 3 has an advantage over stage 1, and I-D has more pop than I-M, which has more pop count than I-HT)

You can see that it is proportional to the *volume* of the buildings, not just a blind x2, x4 factor. (Yards/Grounds actually decreased in job count)

They range from single-digit numbers to 606(I-M), 962(I-D, Dead Forest Paper), and 386(I-HT, Spline Testing?)

After testing, I found that it usually increases the industry population by approximately three times. This is quite variable, if your industrial zones have lots of big buildings there will be bigger boosts, whereas in industry zones filled with Bella Barium or Farley's Foundry has less of an effect.

I have separated the files into 3 parts - I-D, I-M, and I-HT.

*Don't mind the font. I changed it manually using another .dat. This mod has no effects on your game font.

*Comments and constructive criticism always help. (I am a light modder, but anyway)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It is CRITICALLY important for users of this file to know that, if you have pre-existing buildings whose occupancy numbers are lowered by this mod, you will end up with permanent ghost jobs within your city's save file. The consequence of this is that there will always be jobs floating around, affecting the simulator, that you can't get rid of short of nuking the tile.

By way of example: Assume for a moment a building has 10/10 jobs, normally. With this mod, it's lowered to 8/8. 2 ghost jobs will always exist within the save file for the city.

Share this comment

hmm.... interesting.. because I didn't really see such a phenomenon, at least from the region view and stats (they register correctly) and the commute works as normal. Could you elaborate about how the decreased jobs affect the game?

The amount of lots that had their jobs decreased is extremely rare and I don't think it will cause much problems, but nevertheless I posted your message in red at the beginning.

Does that mean that the demand for R and C will be affected, so that in your example, there is 10 demand for 8 jobs?

Share this comment

The 2 ghost jobs, as from my example, will generate demand for residents dependent upon their occupancy type. This is, as you say, a minor issue. However, this something that can never be corrected; the jobs have been dislodged from their originating lot and simply exist to be counted by the game.

You should be able to "see" these ghost jobs if you install the Census Repository Facility, as it accurately registers all jobs within the city. Bulldoze everything in the city, rendering the tile empty, and any ghost jobs will still be counted.

This problem also exists for residentials, but is vastly more problematic. Ghost residents still use civic capacity, affecting city-wide happiness and other numbers.

Share this comment

Does this conflict with the CAM? I want to try it on a new city but I am using the CAM and don't want a conflict. Thanks for this, though.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Ltlantnee said:

Does this conflict with the CAM? I want to try it on a new city but I am using the CAM and don't want a conflict. Thanks for this, though.

Most surely yes, in a similar way than the Industrial Revolution Mod also conflicts with the CAM. I'm not so sure about the CAM 2.0, but it is highly probable too. As a general rule, do not mix different demand mods.

Share this comment

Could you post a picture of what is meant about the is meant about which lots to demolish? Also should we demolish the lots prior to placing this mod into the plugin folder?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Someguy12121 said:

Could you post a picture of what is meant about the is meant about which lots to demolish? Also should we demolish the lots prior to placing this mod into the plugin folder?

Those are all the 1x1 industrial lots that have no building inside

Share this comment