8 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC presents: SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures

Introduction

Take parking lots to the next level! SuperSHK MEGA Textures is the backbone of my Superparking Project, and combines the original Volume 1 alongside the newly complete Volume 2 set. This MEGA set combines both for the ultimate parking lot texture resource for SC4.

Overview

This combined set contains at total of 1281 overlay textures (352 from Vol 1).

Volume 2 contains a mind-boggling 929 new overlay textures. This set focus on expanding the core aspects of Volume 1 while adding some rather ridiculous new options. As with before, many of the new textures influences were found primarily from around North America's tech centers including Overland Park, Denver Tech Corridor, Silicon Valley, and Irvine. Additionally, some other inspiration came from various locations around the UK, including Portsmouth - these were largely responsible for my designing of a bunch of UK-style road markings.

As it is now officially part of this combined set, SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1 is now obsolete! This set retains every single texture from volume 1 and provides some overall enhancements to a large amount of them, including the following:

• Smoother curves
  • Alignment fixes
  • Smoothing and resizing of existing road markings to maintain consistency

Furthermore, the "Extra" textures included with both modular sets are also no longer necessary. To aid you in cleaning any leftover old stuff, there is a Cleanitol file included. You may also refer to it for manual deletion as well.

Details

These textures are broken into 8 DATs. The included resource guide offers more detailed explanations.

DAT 1 - Ortho: Combines a ton of new pieces with the original Ortho set. Deals mostly with orthogonal parking and associated transitions.

DAT 2 - Islands, Paths & Curbs: Combines the original set of Islands & Curbs with Paths (excluding markings). Adds many brand new curb pieces and transitions from various different parking types.

DAT 3 - Diagonals: Combines the original set of Diagonal with new ones. Adds islands, offset diagonals and more orthogonal transitions.

DAT 4 - Markings: Contains road marking goodness! Highlights include more block-end stop markings, pathing, and an entire section of UK-specific ones. Also comes with a way to transform standard parking spaces into "boxed" ones.

DAT 5  - D-Types: Contains significant support of the original SHK diagonal-oriented spaces. Includes a full complement of transitions, curbs and some bonus special pieces including handicapped spots and an alternate style.

DAT 6 - Combo Pieces: Adds an enhanced set of standard parking and curb textures with sidewalks and grass.

DAT 7 - Miscellaneous: Includes some additional pieces that didn't quite belong elsewhere like parking-to-path transitions and S-curves.

DAT 8 - Alternate Style: Adds an alternate orthogonal parking style in two colors.

For Lotters

Included is a resource guide containing a general breakdown of the set as well as a sample lot (found in the parks menu) and layout examples. There are also PIM-X groups included, for better organization and some time saving while digging through this massive set!

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 

Lotters, copy the contents of PIMXGroups.txt into your groups.ini file located in the PIM-X install directory.

Dependencies

None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is very, very highly recommended to take full advantage.

Credit to shokthrpy for the original set, which served as the template for me. It wouldn’t have been possible to create this without it! Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for granting me tools to refine this development process, nos.17, Belfastsocrates, MushyMushy, T Wrecks for various texture tweaks and suggestions, and everyone that left a like/commented on any of my parking posts! *:D

Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0.1

Released

One very minor alignment fix with 1 texture :angry:

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

nos.17

4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

GIF-amazed-jaw-drop-OMG-shock-shocked-St

...and I thought it was not possible to one-up your previous uploads...well done!

Share this review

Link to review
raynev1

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Good stuff here and thanks for the sample lot . That will help with figuring the placement of the pieces .

5/5 :thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
UrbanFoxx

This is a notorious dependency for just about every retail zone I download, and it's nice to see them compiled into one giant pack. The SHK parking textures are some of my favorite to use in BATs and i'd love to see more updates.

Share this review

Link to review
Simmer2

The sheer choices available in this pack makes it a must have for any serious  lotter.!!

Share this review

Link to review
cronop

The best crazy parking project I've never seen. You are the God of Parking !!! *:thumb:

Thanks a lot

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

Thanks so much for the update. Great to see the PDF guide, that's really cleared up a lot of the misunderstandings I had when using them :).

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you for this great set of car parks and for the additional British textures   looks beautiful

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By cleric3gg
      I recently started playing around with the Lot Editor. I'm no modder but I was wondering what are the basic guidelines if I decided to share modified content of older lots shared here? Got inspired working on these the past week. It's based on FrankU's Dutch Zoo. 

• By Chief ZDN
      Hello,
      Sorry for posting here. I have essential mods (including RTMT + 3.60, Ennedi Slopemod, SimFox DayNight Mod), BSC Essentials & its dependencies, SG Mega Props, SG Bus Stops, michyls' Bus Color and 2 PEG terrain mods. I used module to make my plugin easily replaceable, although it's (currently) applied to plugin raw files. My current module configuration: Essentials (NAM, CAM, RTMT, BSC Essentials & dependencies, etc.), Modern Station and Terrain Mods. Is it correct? If not, how do I arrange my plugin modules correctly and scalable?
      Sorry for sharing my structure, although it's raw file. It's (almost) impossible and not easy to do arrangement without sharing.
      Thanks.
    • By tariely
      My companion, Denis,  wants to play SC4 again, after a very long while (to use my lots and relots, he says ; I'm flattered.) He asked that I build him a game plugins folder.
      He plays on a Mac (as I used to). But that shouldn't be a problem, we felt. So I copied my own game P. folder, (mostly for the Deps) with most of my lots and relots tagged "FINAL". He began plopping. And flags erupted all other the place. We toiled (mostly I toiled) on it all yesterday, and some of the problems have been solved, but some seem intractable -- and I can't understand what they are with my still limited understanding of the whole shebang. There are flags that correspond to props --OK, that is tractable, see below ; and they're is a problem of AWOL textures : many of my relots and lots now have a transparent texture. That one is the blood pressure elevating one.
      They're AWOL On Denis'a Mac. Not on my Windows virtual partition, where Everything Works Just Fine.
      He has the same deps folder as I.
      Hence my befuddlement.
      One of the main flaggy culprit LLB Modular version of my Obelisk lot. The flag seemed linked to the use of Amil timed people. After much hair tearing, I went the GRRR-WTF way : I took off all the timed people and replaced them by Del People --who are fixed but who didn't flag on the lots. Ditto for one "FloraBush"MA- flagging ion the mac in the relots of CAL SaintNicholas church.
      But the texture problem is way worse --it's the one I don't understand.  It affects all green textures, from BSC parks relot to my relot of Paeng's White Sands Park. The lawns textures have just disappeared. The lots are transparent.
      Let's just take Paeng's White Sands Park. Apart from the deps I used to relot the pieces (which is only the lighting package made for me by Rivit, Blessed Be His Name), that one needs exactly four deps : 
      Paeng Texturepack vol 01,  -- which has been obsolete for some time since the last one was v.04 (in our deps folder)
      BSC MEGA Props - D66 Vol02.dat  -- ditto
      PorkieProps-Vol1.dat  --ditto
      PorkieProps-Vol2.dat  -- ditto
      What causes textures to disappear on lots (if they have not been taken out in the L.E., of course) ? Duplicates ? Loading order ? I have NO idea. 
      Can someone please enlighten me ? 

• By monkeywater
      I appear to be missing a dependency.  the building on this lot does not show up

• By olegario39
      Are there dependencies for this "MPRow04_res" building? when I downloaded it, I didn't find any dependency list. This is how it looks in my game...just a blank lot.

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections