5. bobolee

bobolee

6. mrsmartman

mrsmartman

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By madhatter106
      So I've been messing around in an attempt to come up with what I'm calling a New Age/Occult Pack of buildings - tarot and palm readers, psychics, and new age bookstore and occult shop.  It doesn't seem like anything like that has been done on the STEX, and I thought it would add a little flavor to some of the lower wealth commercial areas.

I'm aiming for CS$ for the smaller, more modest ones - the psychic, the tarot reader, and the palm reader.  Perhaps CS$$ for the bookstore and shop, since they're a bit more substantial, two-story, and could be considered less seedy.  Ultimately, I'd love to add some form of NIMBY effect, since a lot of these types of businesses (particularly those one story psychic type shops which look like they're run out of someone's front parlor) are considered undesireable by some folks.

Here they are in day and night view - I'm hoping to add and/or revise some of the signage, and the lighting has just barely begun, as I've just been getting the models and textures together.  

And while we're talking about lighting, I have a few lighting and window questions which you guys will probably be able to answer...

- how do you do neon?
      - how do you do an illuminated sign?  (not so much neon as plastic or another translucent material lit from behind)
      - what manner of lighting is more effective than just adding "nitelite" to the front of the windows?  I find that works great for smaller windows, but anything large it looks like a cheat...
      - on large windows with printing or signage in them, how you light them as well as retain the silhouette of that lettering or signage?

Any input is appreciated.  And thanks for all those folks who downloaded Andy's Gun Works (my first BAT) from the STEX...hope it pops up in your low wealth commercial district soon!
    • By Heblem
      The Ashley Companies (Ashley Casegoods, Ashley Upholstery, and Millennium) offer bedroom, dining room, and home office furniture. It is the fifth largest furniture manufacturer and top selling brand of home furniture in North America. It licenses its name to more than 300 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and Japan. source wikipedia.org
      This store has a functional landmark version and growable version.
      enjoy!

Dependencies:
      To ensure the proper functionality, make sure the files mentioned below are installed in the plugins folder.
      LBT Mega Texture Pack vol.02
      LBT Mega Prop Pack vol.01

Functional landmark and growable version
      Lot size:
      4x6
      Position in the menu:
      landmarks menu (not apply on growable)
       ocupants:
      668 $ - 169 $$ wealth:
      $$ - Medium wealth Bullzone cost:
      Flamability:
      40 Max. fire level:
      Power:
      Water:

• By nos.17

A bigger and better version of the largest (ft2-wise) CS$$$ building in the game.
      Utilizes CP's seasonal trees, custom textures, and was designed to be easily compatible and expandable with KOSC's modular parking sets.
      With Lotplop, it can be found under CS$$$_60x62_1ChiFashionCentre_   (it is the last CS$$$ family fyi)

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1
      BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      SHK Parking Pack
      Bldgprop Vol 1& 2 OR Maxis Prop Names & Query Fix
        (the latter is strongly recommended)
      CS$$$1_6x6_MOD_Textures.dat  (included)

:: VOTE HERE ::
      Update 12.25.17 - Fixed broken image link. No file updates.
    • By Diego Del Llano
      WalkUp is a Residential Ofices Building created by the Maxis Team. 
      Style: Houston 1990
      File content:  
      -Functional Landmark with 3,500 CS$$$_Maxis Nite Version
      -Functional Landmark with 3,500 CS$$$_Dark Nite Version
      -Functional Landmark with 3,500 CS$$$_Original Maxis Version
      Notice:
      1.- The model presented here is an interpretation of the author. The measurements and size may vary from the original model made by Maxis.
      2.- The models are not exact replicas of the original models created by Maxis, so new features could be included, some earlier removed or altered.
      3.- If any model does not meet your requirement, you can download the original version of the maxis file offered in this file and edit it as you wish.
      4.- This is a work of exploration and experimentation that Diego Del Llano wanted to share with the community of Simtropolis. If some of this work does not satisfy you, you have the option of not downloading this file.
      5.-Diego Del Llano appreciates your understanding and wishes you to enjoy this project to the fullest.
      6.- Acknowledgments and all the credits to the original authors of this model.
    • By Diego Del Llano
      Cahalane Communications is a Comercial Ofices Buildin, the Heights is 200 m approximately.
      Style: Houston 1990
      File content:  
      -Functional Landmark with 4,500 CO$$$_Maxis Nite Version
      -Functional Landmark with 4,500 CO$$$_Dark Nite Version
      -Functional Landmark with 4,500 CO$$$_Original Maxis Version
      Notice:
      1.- The model presented here is an interpretation of the author. The measurements and size may vary from the original model made by Maxis.
      2.- The models are not exact replicas of the original models created by Maxis, so new features could be included, some earlier removed or altered.
      3.- If any model does not meet your requirement, you can download the original version of the maxis file offered in this file and edit it as you wish.
      4.- This is a work of exploration and experimentation that Diego Del Llano wanted to share with the community of Simtropolis. If some of this work does not satisfy you, you have the option of not downloading this file.
      5.-Diego Del Llano appreciates your understanding and wishes you to enjoy this project to the fullest.
      6.- Acknowledgments and all the credits to the original authors of this model.

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections