5 Screenshots

About This File

Well, it only took me three years. 

I created the first house model back in August of 2012. I was pretty good at avoiding making any progress on these for a while, but I finally got the urge to actually finish them over spring break a couple months back. Today, I present to you 8 house designs with 4 color variations each for a total of 32 unique houses. Additionally, I have modeled a small set of 9 detached garages to supplement the houses in a manner similar to what you might see in real life. However, for those of you who prefer the default Maxis garages, I am including a separate version that does not contain the ones I modeled. 

Also, for anyone who would like to use the garages (or the houses, of course) in your own lots, you hereby have my permission!

These houses are all based on real world counterparts in the Morris Park neighborhood of South Minneapolis. To anyone who lives there: I apologize for spending hours on end looking at your house on Google Maps. It's only weird if you make it weird. 

The brilliant SimCoug has graciously lotted and modded a wide variety of lots of various sizes for this upload, which uses the following dependencies:

JMyers Homes Vol 01 ('Props' and 'Textures' folders only)
BSC Textures Pack CycleDog Vol 1
BSC MEGA Props CP Vol01
BSC MEGA Props CP Vol02
BSC MEGA Props SG Vol01
wmp_fence_props03.dat
wmp_garden_props02.dat

KrashSpeed's Mailbox Set

And, as always, the Darknite version requires this bad boy (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) for the dankest of dank nightviews.

Huge thanks to SimCoug for his magnificent work on these! 

For the curious, the number of lots broken down by size:

2x3 - 2 (growth stage 1)

3x2 - 2 (growth stage 1)

2x2 - 4 (growth stage 2)

1x3 - 5 (growth stage 3)

1x2 - 5 (growth stage 4)

2x1 - 2 (growth stage 4)

1x1 - 5 (growth stage 5)

25 lots total, all of which grow on the Houston Tile set and have the same stats as R$$ standard Houston homes.

Special thanks to our Dirktator for his patience with me while I experienced issues uploading! I'd also like to give a shoutout to the community at large for your continued support. I've been on this site for over 10 years now (which seems absolutely insane) and I've seen a lot of faces come and go, but the community as a whole is just as helpful and welcoming as it always has been. 

Enjoy! Or don't, I suppose, as long as you give me feedback. 

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SimCoug

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Beautiful! My one complaint is making the 1x1s medium density (stage 5) when Maxis 1x1 ranch houses grow on low density (stage 3).

When I was looking through the maxis lots, all of the medium wealth low density single family homes are stage 5 for 1x1 lots.  I was a little surprised by this myself, but it is what it is.  Low wealth homes on 1x1 plots are indeed stage 3, but IDS2 and I both agreed these looked more like medium wealth homes.  

Great work again IDS2 - glad to see these up on the STEX :thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
CdMadero

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

awww cute little houses...

AND AMAZING WELL DONE! 

Thank you. :) :3 

Share this review

Link to review

Beautiful! My one complaint is making the 1x1s medium density (stage 5) when Maxis 1x1 ranch houses grow on low density (stage 3).

Share this review

Link to review
sencillo1

love this.

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you   I know these will be good and glad you finished this set

Share this review

Link to review
Aaron Graham

Great Work!!!! 5/5 :O

Share this review

Link to review
matias93

Really neat, HD houses are perfect for suburban CJs, specially when in so great variety.

Share this review

Link to review
IDS2

Citycowboy, you'll need WinZip to open rar files. Sorry for not uploading it as a zip, but the STEX wouldn't accept it when I tried to do that for some reason. :( If you have trouble getting the rar files open, just send me a PM and I can get the zip files to you some other way.

Also, this new review section is messing with my head. I had to rate my own file in order to respond!

Share this review

Link to review
citycowboy

It looks cool but how do i open a .rar file?

Share this review

Link to review
nathkel

·
  Edited by nathkel  

Oh. My. God. I know this area very well. I lived in South Minneapolis for only 3 years and actually had an ice-cream route on the other side of Lake Nokomis, in the Diamond Lake area. I actually entertained the idea of buying one of these types of houses down in that section, and had the owner show me the house she was selling. One thing I remember about the houses in this area is that they were boring and plain, which I'm not.

The yards were small and usually unadorned. Which you would expect from lower-middle homes that close to a bustling airport.

Own one of those houses -- not with my money! But in SimCity they'd be perfect! I'm anxious to try them out!

Share this review

Link to review
Jack_wilds

like it; luv it, got it... well done, high 5/5... U ought to be proud of this neat set of small houses...

Share this review

Link to review
Rott

·
  Edited by Rott  

Anyone know how I can bring up the lot info in game, trying to rename the lots and mark them as historical, but I can't bring it up. Such great lots, hate to lose any of them from being built over...

Share this review

Link to review
MushyMushy

Nice job!

House BAT packs are, for some reason, few and far between. This is a nice addition to the game.

Share this review

Link to review
Prophet42

Great job!!  I'm always looking for high quality residential homes to add variety to the game.  I will definitely download these.

Share this review

Link to review
DavidDHetzel

this must be a common style of home in the western Great Lakes, because this reminds me a lot of my grandparents area, and they lived in Wisconsin most their lives.

Share this review

Link to review
DrFlex

·
  Edited by DrFlex  

It's good to see detailed lots of anything from the Midwest, in particular single-family homes.

Share this review

Link to review
Billk2007

Love these!  Not sure if I'm blind or tired but what are these listed as for those who use "buildingprop" cheat?

Share this review

Link to review
MrRtd

These look great. Any possibility of enabling them to grow on the other Tile sets?

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Jasoncw
      Porto Ponta Negra Residence is a residential pencil tower located in Natal, Brazil. 

Porto Ponta Negra Residence has been uploaded in celebration of the STEX's 100,000,000th download. My interview for the event can be read here. 

• 3x2 growable R§§ lot.

• MaxisNite and DarkNite versions included.
      • DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd.

Installation Instructions:   1. Download either the DarkNite (DN) or MaxisNite (MN) version. If you're unsure, choose the MN version. 2. Unzip the .zip and move its contents to Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins. 3. SC4Lot files are descriptively titled. Remove the lot versions which you don't want. Do not remove any .SC4Model files.   Click here to learn about new projects in the works
    • By goochman25
      Hi everyone. I was watching a tutorial video ages ago when i was new to SimCity 4. In it there were roads that curved in any direction rather than the grid like roads that we all know and love. It made suburban and countryside areas look a lot more realistic because the roads gently curved instead of having the usual right angle turns. I didnt have much interest in that at the time as i was trying to learn the basics of sc4, but now id really like to make roads like that but i have no idea how. Ive searched for the tutorial again but i cant find it. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it a mod or is there some way of doing it in vanilla that i just havnt figured out?  Ive searched this site as best i can, but i havnt it, but this could be because i dont really know how to phrase what im looking for. If its a mod or plugin or something could someone please point me in the right direction? And if curved roads are available in vanilla mode could someone please tell me how to do this or direct me to a tutorial? Thanks
    • By kingofsimcity
      Last Updated on 4/7/2018
      INTRODUCTION
      Welcome to the King's Workshop! This is a central hub for all of my lot projects and well as any discussions associated with them. Most of my content is currently geared towards lotting and texturing but I may try my hands at some newer stuff in the future.
      I don't really have a set timeline of thing to work on so most projects are acted on impulsively. Starting 2018, I'm gonna try to focus my releases and plan ahead a little. Hopefully this will aid me in actually completing some of this stuff but as usual, there no guarantee whether I'll disappear for another 2-3 months at a time. 
      LOT PROJECTS
      SETS
      Maxis Mansion Overhaul
      This set transforms Maxis' R$$$ mansions into the affluent that they deserve to be.
      Base Set -> Extension Set - adds brand new lots and sizes as well as specialty and themed re-lots for some buildings. -> Gated Communities Set - Est. May 2018 - adds small gated communities. Allows you to grow a neighborhood with a single lot. SuperParking (SP) Modular Parking
      The ultimate modular parking set. Designed to be incredibly flexible and comprehensive.
      Base Set -> Diagonal Set -> Extension Set -> Add-On Pack 1 -> DAMN Menus King's Community & Regional Park Pack
      A park set aimed at creating realistic and large prefab parks to enhance local and regional communities.
      Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 (Planned) The Abandoned Project
      A series of growable and ploppable fillers to give your neighborhoods that dilapidated look. Inspired by many prominent Rust Belt cities in the US.
      Rotting Residences - (WIP) Crumbling Commerce Impaired Industry Diego Del Llano Growables & Lots
      Diego released an incredible amount of high quality BATs but none of them were made growable by default. This set aims to fix that.
      2017 Growables - Pack 1 2017 Growables - Pack 2 - Est. May 2018 SERIES

The sets that started it all. This collection of re-lots focuses on taking Ill Tonkso's old offices buildings and turning them into very large and sprawling complexes.
      RELEASES
      Ill Tonkso Plaza CIS Center Tonkso Corporate Park, Trowbridge Offices Trafalgar Complexes Lakeside Place 280 Executive Square East Point Offices CAMden Heights Offices Holbourne Offices Folegate Leasings Zurich House 110 Cannon Street TBD
      Glennishire House/Bishopgate Pewsley House Sutton Financial Lettings DR Pawley and Associates

This category expands the Office Park concept to offices released by many other authors.
      RELEASES
      Mattb325's Zurich Insurance TBD
      Simgoober's Office Buildings Maxis Office Park - Someday Madhatter106's Office Buildings

RetailMania is a revitalization series geared towards stores and shopping centers.
      RELEASES
      gascooker's Tesco Supermarket Simgoober's Super Shopping Center Simgoober's Costco TBD
      Simgoober's Super Shopping Center 2 - Somewhere over the rainbow Simgoober's Modular Plop-A-Centers - Someday

Much like RetailMania, IndustryMania is a revitalization series geared towards industrial buildings, primarily large manufacturing and hi-tech warehousing.
      RELEASES
      Trucking Essentials - Primary Dependency Package Bobbo662's Dell Plant Simgoober's Costco Distribution Center TBD
      Simgoober's Modern Warehouses - When its done™ Simgoober's Tractor Supply & WallyK Warehouses - I'm feelin' lazy.... Simgoober's Fukitol Pharms
      The Forsaken Ones covers content that didn't quite make the cut for a full release, or were close to completion at a point in time but forgotten. Parenthesis indicates the year that the lots were originally created.
      RELEASES
      City Parks and Plazas (2015) Two Eastland Grand Station (2015)
      Diego's Puerto Vallarta Growables offers custom, large-scale growable versions of Diego Del Llano's excellent Puerto Vallarta BATs.
      RELEASES
      Icon Vallarta TBD
      Tres Mares - Someday Peninsula Puerto Vallarta - Sometime in the Future CHALLENGE UPLOADS

These lots were released as part of the Simtropolis Challenges that took place over the course of 2016.
      Mattb325's Zurich Insurance - A re-lot of Mattb325's Zurich Insurance.
      Lotting Challenge (S3-03-C) Maxis Mansion Facelift - A re-lot of the original Maxis mansions. A precursor to the full Maxis Mansion Overhaul project.
      Facelift Challenge (S3-10-C) AoT Tennis Park - Green Green Tennis Greens - A medium tennis park utilizing rsc204's new tennis models.
      Parks and Plazas Challenge (S3-11-C) FA2 Open Grass Fillers - A set of FA2 grass fillers. - Potential Conflicts*
      Modular Complexes (S3-15-C) Simgoober's Large Shopping Center - A California-inspired and more realistic rendition of Simgoober's old suburban strip mall.
      (Classic Model, New Lot, S3-18-C) *the IDs used in the textures for this set are also used by ReM - Simgoober's Costco. Until a fix is provided, it is recommended that both lots are not to be used in tandem.
      LEGACY CONTENT
      MEH - Maxis EnHanced
      The original concept for office parks and Maxis reworks.
      RELEASES
      Office Parks - Medium Wealth Pack Office Parks - Starter Pack Rockerfeller Center Growables Really Old Stuff (Pre-2006)
      My first forays into custom content creator in the early days of ST.
      Devlin Square - park tribute to NDEX member Devlin FosterK Plaza - park tribute to NDEX member FosterK Daggestra Plaza Pack - set of parks utilizing cerulean's Daggerstra fountain Lossista Plaza - park utilizing cerulean's Lossista fountain Extra Co. High Wealth Lots - Larger growable CO$$$ lots for easier growth Medium Wealth and Commerical Combo Pack - Larger growable CO$$ and R$$ lots for easier growth More I-HT Lots - Extra HT growables for more frequent growth Extra Residential Lots - Larger growable R lots for easier growth More Tree Lots - Some lots with lots of trees. Originally inspired by lotting work found in the ancient 2003-era CJ Olympia by SAC. Tall Pine Tree - A very tall pine tree. Originally inspired by lotting work found in the ancient 2003-era CJ Olympia by SAC. TEXTURE PROJECTS
      All of my fully realized texture projects are released on the STEX as a complete set or on Google Drive as a repository. The repository versions will allow you to easily create derivatives or generate a texture-replaced set using GoFSH.
      STANDARD RELEASES
      SuperSHK Parking Textures
      The ultimate parking texture resource. Currently released in 1 MEGA volume and 1 add-on volume.
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures v 1.01 - Primary Dependency Package SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures - Will eventually be consolidated into MEGA Parking Textures Vol. 2 (someday in the future!!!) SuperPaths Pathways Textures
      A robust selection of pathway textures to create dynamic and flowing pathways in plazas and parks.
      REPOSITORIES
      KOSC RAW Texture Repositories
      A central hub for all of my released texture raws. Use these if you prefer to generate your own sets for compatibility with your mods.
      KOSC Pre-generated Texture Library
      Contains pre-generated versions with several different types of pavement options.
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: King's Community & Regional Park Pack, Volume 2
      Introduction
      King's Community & Regional Park Pack continues with volume 2 of 2 and much like the first set, covers a myriad of park types. Volume 2 has a heavier focus towards sports courts and complexes and as such, you'll see plenty of new (and renewed) tennis courts, baseball, softball and soccer/football fields for your Sims.
      Package Overview

Included in the following package is a set of custom textures and 36 park lots. Additionally there are a set of dugouts by @Glenni and a grouping of parked cars by @MushyMushy, both of whom were kind enough to provide these props for the set.
      The parks in this set are broken down into the following categories.
      Community Parks - 5 lots: These are the standard community parks similar to the ones in the previous volume.
      Royal Trails - 6 lots: This is a set of semi-modular aimed at filling the in-between areas of your wealthier neighborhoods.
      Tennis Parks - 4 lots: Tennis-centric lots ranging from small community courts to a large center. Contains a redux (will not override) of the original Green Green Tennis Greens.
      Sports Fields - 16 lots: Contains different rotations of soccer fields as well as multi-wealth variants of diagonal and orthogonal softball fields.
      Abandoned Parks - 2 lots: These parks are already partially reclaimed by nature and would look great in a post-apocalyptic setting.
      Sports Complexes - 3 lots: Large-scale multi-field complexes. Very powerful parks that can massively stimulate city growth. 
      General Stats
      Park stats are generally designed around their respective wealth. In general:
      Low Wealth: No R§§§ relief, 50% R§§ relief, full R§ relief. Massively reduced landmark effect (value), park effect (value and radius) and monthly costs. Medium Wealth: 50% R§§§ relief, full R§ and R§§ relief. Moderately reduced park effect (value) High Wealth: Full residential cap relief. Full landmark effect, park effect with increased water consumption and monthly costs. In addition, all parks share the following property:
      Air pollution reduction, light water pollution (both grow with respect to park size) Tennis Parks follow a different formula (inverted values, with full R§§§ relief and weaker relief for R§§ and R§). 
      Sports Fields have generally fixed cap and park values determined only by wealth and type (softball/baseball/soccer). These fields do not provide a landmark effect. In particular, lower wealth baseball and softball fields will generate minor amounts of garbage as well.
      Abandoned Parks are extremely weak as parks, providing little to no park effect and cap relief and even generating a bit of garbage! They're offset by being especially cheap to plop and free of maintenance costs.
      Sports Complexes boast massive amounts of cap relief (progressively weaker by higher wealth) and a massive park effect radius but a much weaker effect value. They are also expensive to plop and have relatively high maintenance costs. 
      The Royal Trails set of parks appear near the top of the parks menu while the rest should slot in-between and after the Maxis parks.
      Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. If you want to use DAMN (optional), seen the additional instructions below.
      DAMN Users Only
      There is a second zip file included that contains DAMN menus for these parks.
      You will need DAMN for these menus to show up/work.
      Merge the DAMN folder in the zip with the one inside the SimCity 4 install directory Plugins folder (not documents).
      For CD/DVD users, the default is - C:/Program Files (x86)/Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins/DAMN/
      For Steam users, the default is - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/SimCity 4 Deluxe/Plugins/DAMN/
      Drop the zzzzzz_DAMN_Hidden folder into your standard My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder if you want to hide the lots from the normal menus in-game. If you still want access to the original menu icons, feel free to delete this folder entirely.
      Texture Replacement
      This pack uses another set of textures not included as part of any of my previous dependency packs. Those looking to generate a custom set can find the repository for it here.
      Dependencies
      Due to the sheer size of this set relative to the first and the need for more variety, the dependency list grows just a bit. These are limited to some more of girafe's HD flora and the Light Replacement Mod. As before, If you've downloaded any of my previous works then you should have a good majority of the required dependencies already.
      Props
      SHK Parking Pack BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 Maxis Prop Names and Query Fix BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 AnyOne for Tennis VIP girafe elms VIP girafe beeches VIP girafe lindens VIP girafe maples v2 VIP girafe birches VIP girafe Walnut trees VIP girafe Canary date palms VIP girafe villa Libeskind (for the hedges) VIP girafe feather grass VIP girafe cattails Light Replacement Mod v4.0 Mega Pack (light props only) Dugout & Car Park Props (Included) Textures
      BSC Textures Vol. 1 BSC Textures Vol. 2 BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V01 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures Superpaths Pathway Textures Community & Regional Park Pack, Vol. 1 (for the first set of Community Park Textures) Community Park Textures 2 (Included) Acknowledgements
      Thank you to all the content creators behind the props/textures packs that made this set possible!
      Huge thanks to MushyMushy for providing the custom vehicle props for the tennis parks and Glenni for providing the baseball/softball dugout models!
      Additional thanks goes out to rivit for his Bender tool and rsc204 & rivit for their work GoFSH work that made my texture creation a rather painless process.
      Enjoy!
    • By IDS2
      ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION (13 July 2011):
      "Hey there. I'm IDS, and I'm just another high school kid who's played sim games since kindergarten. I've downloaded several gigabytes of content from the STEX over the years, and for a long time I've wanted to give back, but learning how to BAT was too complex for me and the maps I made were pretty unappealing.About a month ago I downloaded 3dsMax and pushed through a handful of tutorials, including the infamous BAT tutorial. A month later, I'm at the point where I'm only mildly embarrassed of my creations. I really can't go on much further on my own without some advice, and besides, what better way to learn than to know what I need to improve on? Criticism is more than welcome, I know I'm new to this and am still pretty green, so just be honest "
      Since I wrote the above, over 6 years have passed, and I am now worrying about grad school instead of high school. However, I still have a passion for mid-century modern architecture, and I like to think I've learned a few things along the way! I tend to make slow progress on all of my projects, so I apologize in advance for being a tease.

completed projects:
       wells fargo plaza, bloomington, mn
       nelson/keillor towers
       generic offices
       100 washington, minneapolis, mn
       riverview tower, bloomington, mn
       hiawatha bank tower
       retro theaters
       booth manor, minneapolis, mn
       anderson hall, minneapolis, mn
       postwar houses, minneapolis, mn
       paramount theater, bristol, tn
       lang-nelson, st. louis park, mn
       social sciences building, minneapolis, mn
       ralph rapson hall, minneapolis, mn
      IDS

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections