IRM W2W Chalmers Auto Supply by nofunk 1.0

(13 Reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD -

WALL-TO-WALL INDUSTRY 

Chalmers Auto Supply by nofunk

1 - INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW

As the 20th and final upload of this first batch of IRM W2W lots based on BAT models made by other artists, I present Chalmers Auto Supply by BSP/mipro member nofunk.

The building will provide 320 I-D jobs and comes with 2 corner lots, one being a regular corner lot and the other suitable as an "end cap" for W2W blocks. Here's what you'll get::

• 4x4 left corner, Stage 1
  • 4x4 right cap*, Stage 1
*can be used to "cap off" a block of W2W rowhouses front and back towards one side, see screenshots

In keeping with the other IRM stuff, the job numbers are intended for be in line with Maxis stuff if you use Toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler. Since you cannot zone large coherent areas with W2W industrial and the lots can be complemented with fillers, the resulting job density will, in fact, be not that excessive. For the same reason, growth stages for IRM W2W are generally kept low.

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM W2W Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

If you no longer wish to use this download, proceed as follows:

• Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download
  • Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing
  • Remove the associated files from your plugins folder
Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM W2W Base Pack

Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original IRM base pack still apply.

In addition to this, you'll need the original upload of the BAT to see the buildings:

Chalmers Auto Supply - only the .sc4model file is required.

If you want to have the option of blocking the enclosed lots from growing temporarily, for example when you want to go back to regular (i.e., non-W2W) IRM industry for a while, you can use the IRM W2W Expansion Blocker v 1.0 (or higher) from January 23, 2015 (or later).

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS

Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots

Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots

Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers

Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers

4 - FINAL WORDS

While this upload concludes the first pack of 20 I-D uploads, it is far from the last IRM W2W upload I have in store for you. Next up will be another pack of 20 I-M uploads. They're sitting on my HD and only need documentation, screenshots and packaging, but due to an ever-busy RL, uploads will probably come irregularly. For now, I'm glad I have completed uploading the first pack, and I'd like to thank nofunk for the great BAT. I'd also like to thank all the kind people who have downloaded, rated, commented, and given feedback - I really appreciate it! :)

T Wrecks, Apr 23, 2015

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cronop

Thanks

Share this review

Link to review
ky72x

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
Snagwell

Share this review

Link to review
zkelvin

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

Rorschach Research & Development by jestarr

Time to continue with the IRM! After several SimGoober uploads, it's time for a few buildings made by another very productive industrial BATter, jestarr.
      The 14th upload in this series, Rorschach Research & Delivery by jestarr, is a pretty generic and nondescript building that could house pretty much anything that doesn't require huge machinery and towering smokestacks. In this case, it houses the laboratories and offices of a an R&D company. The two lots included are extremely simple and straightforward, with at least one side open towards the surroundings. Being so generic, it should fit into bigger compounds, therefore I opted against a secluded lot.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 40 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 160 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download: 3x4, Stage 2 4x3, Stage 2 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. Rorschach R&D - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the .sc4model file is required. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to jestarr.

T Wrecks, December 12, 2017
    • By T Wrecks
      INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION MOD

Modern Warehouses by SimGoober

This is going to be the last SimGoober relot for a while, but I hope you'll bear with me one more time before we move on to other authors.
      The 13th upload in this series, Modern Warehouses by SimGoober, is a four-in-one download: SimGoober made four variants of this building that differ slightly in appearance, but share the same footprint, function, and stats. The lots are rather simplistic, the only exception being the slightly curved driveways on the bigger version. The compact version will require some filler lots - or a road/street access - in the back to give the trucks enough room to manoeuvre if you are obsessed enough with realism. While the bigger lot is more enclosed and looks pretty much like a standalone facility, the smaller one will tie into any surrounding high-tech industry and is easy to complement with fillers.
      Since all Maxis lots contained in the IRM Base Pack could optionally be used with toroca's Industrial Jobs Quadrupler, this download is offered in two versions: a regular one for those who prefer the default job numbers, and a quadrupler-compatible version for those who prefer using the modified stats.
      The .sc4desc files for the regular version will look like this: IRM_[Filename].sc4desc
      The .sc4desc files for the quadrupler version will look like this: IRM_[Filename]_x4.sc4desc
      After downloading, simply delete the file of the version you don't want to use. If you leave both in your plugins, the quadrupler version will most probably override the default version.
      The default version of the building will provide 55 I-HT jobs, the quadrupler version 220 I-HT jobs.
      The following lots are included in this download: 5x4, Stage 3 5x5, Stage 2 For those of you who like to play with day and night view, the building used on this lot is compatible with the following night light mode(s):
      Maxis Night with gradual day/night cycle: YES Maxis Night with static day or night: YES DarkNite* with static day or night: YES *DarkNite requires SimFox' Day and Nite Modd (or a similar darkening mod) to be installed in your plugins. 

2 - USE

If you extract this archive to your root plugins folder, it should create a folder IRM\IRM Expansion\[NAME OF BAT], where [NAME OF BAT] represents the name of this download item. Within that folder, you will find all the game-relevant files and a sub-folder containing the HTML readme and some screenshot(s).

Bulldoze all lots pertaining to this download Save all the cities and exit the game when you're done bulldozing Remove the associated files from your plugins folder Hint: Just to be sure, I recommend moving the undesired files somewhere else and doing some checks before you delete them permanently. This way, if it turns out you forgot to bulldoze something, you can add it back in temporarily until you're done.

3 - DEPENDENCIES

IRM Base Pack with all its dependencies - while these lots will technically work, they are meant to tie into the IRM. They may look out of place and show unexpected behaviour if used independently. Since this is an extension to the IRM, all the dependencies of the original pack still apply. If you have them in place, you can download every single growable IRM and IRM W2W lot I have ever made and will never have to download any additional packs for props and textures used on the lot. Modern Warehouses - you'll also need the original upload of the BAT to see the building(s). Only the file "SG_WarehousesModern.dat" is required. NOTE: For any dependency hosted at SC4Devotion (SC4D in short), you must be registered on that site and logged into the site's download area, the BSC File Exchange, in order to see the download button. Please bear in mind that there are separate logins for the forums and for the file exchange. For those of you who may still be unfamiliar with the site: SC4D is another major SimCity community with lots of unique content, so you will not regret making an account there.

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS
      Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Addon Set 1 for more I-D mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Addon Set 1 for more I-M mech & out lots Industrial Revolution Mod I-D Filler Set 1 to dress up I-D areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-M Filler Set 1 to dress up I-M areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Industrial Revolution Mod I-HT Filler Set 1 to dress up I-HT areas to your liking using ploppable fillers Heretic IRM Fillers - Diagonal Walls Expansion by Tyberius06 for more options to avoid ugly zigzag lines at diagonal walls Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1 by kingofsimcity for some realistic, high-definition truck parking to add around your industrial facilities  
      4 - FINAL WORDS

Credits for the BAT go to SimGoober once again.

T Wrecks, November 28, 2017
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Royal Flush Plumbing Supplies.
      Is a I-M 8X10 Industrial lot for all your plumbing needs!.
      It provides 462 $$jobs
      Requires water and power.
      You will find it in your Landmark menu.
      Happy flushing!
      Simmer2
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol2 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol3 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol4 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol5 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3555
      SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures - https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/

Have fun.
      Simmer2

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections