Cheat: Garbage (Single Player Only) 1.0

(14 Reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

The garbage cheat is comprehensive and requires both the base game and EP1 (Cities of Tomorrow). You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of garbage, including the garbage trucks, atomizer and incinerator. All of the cheats reduce resource requirements while greatly increasing desired output. Usable only in single player mode.

The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:

Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).

Garbage Dump

Garbage Atomizer

Garbage Truck Garage

Garbage Incinerator

Garbage Truck

Dump Zone

What this mod does:

• Number of workers required to start operating set to 1.
  • Jobs tweaked slightly upward in some cases.
  • No plop or maintenance cost.
  • Power and water requirements for all parts of the garbage dump greatly reduced.
  • Garbage capacity increased to approximately 6,000 tons (5.9k) per garbage dump zone (lists as 600).
  • Atomizer controlnet requirement reduced to 1 with a capacity of 900 tons per hour.
  • Incinerator capacity increased to 900 tons per hour.   Air pollution still lists as high but actually isn't.
  • Dump truck capacity increased to 50 tons.

Unaffected:

• Garbage dump roads

To use:

Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages.  If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.

If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.

If you use this file, delete and replop any existing garbage dumps. Same holds true if you remove the file.

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• Initial upload.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sweet, hopefully this will help with the drone garbage problem.

Oh speaking of drones, perhaps you can make a cheat mod that decreases the amount of garbage drones produce?

Share this comment

not sure whats going on here... mod seems to be performing great... save for one issue... the dumps incinerators and atomizers are still burnign the same amount of garbage... even with the upgrades to the rest of the garbage centers... is still wind up buried in garbage

Share this comment

@kajb139 - Did you first destroy any existing dumps or just install the mod?  I've two huge cities and they've barely touched the capacity of the dumps after several days.  Destroy and replop them.

Share this comment

Hi there !!! Is there any file missing?  The only thing that it works with i the Garbage Atomizer.  The rest, doesn´t happen anything.  I have no other similar modes installed and I did exactly what you say to do: "

If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.

If you use this file, delete and replop any existing garbage dumps. Same holds true if you remove the file."

Also I erased the game completely and reinstalled only with your mod and nothing happens

Please, HELP !!!!

Thanks

Share this comment

@Sotomayor Prat -- not sure what the issue would be.  Where are you placing the file?  I have mine installed at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages

Share this comment

thats confirmed its happened several times now sadly. they seem to burn at a max rate of about 0.7/hr for the atomizers

also would be awesome if there was a way to increase the overall capacity of the recycling centers. as far as how quick they process and actually split stuff up as well. several times my cities are overwhelming the recycling plants

Share this comment