About This File
The police cheat is comprehensive and requires both the base game and EP1 (Cities of Tomorrow). You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of the police stations, including police drones. All of the cheats reduce resource requirements while greatly increasing desired output. Usable only in single player mode.
The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:
Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).
Jail Cells (Ground Floor)
Crime Prevention Center
Police Dispatch Tower
Patrol Car Lot (Precinct)
Patrol Car Lot (Police Station)
Police Station Sign
What this mod does:
- Number of workers required to start operating set to 1.
- Drone hangar capacity increased to 500.
- Power and water requirements greatly reduced.
- Garbage requirements zeroed out.
- Starting number of patrol cars increased significantly.
- Patrol cars per parking lot increased.
- Jail cell count increased (both starting number of cells and per jail cell plop).
- Job counts tweaked slightly up in some cases.
- Premium Content (Dr. Wu, etc).
Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages. If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.
If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.
If you use this file, delete and replop any existing police stations. Same holds true if you remove the file.
What's New 1.01
- 1.0 Initial upload
- 1.01 Fixed a small power fluctuation that affected both the precinct and the station. You may experience one more power fluctuation after you restart the game, but that goes away. You do not need to destroy/replop. If you already have the included script files, all you need to update is the police mod.