6 Screenshots

About This File

Project Shinjidai (New Era) Japanese Cultural Landmarks and Buildings

Ever since Yuttho Started Building Tokyo 1.0 and 2.0 the request and his request for more traditional and specific content for Japan and by many users has been something high on my list of things to publish to the public. 

I hope this will inspire many new cities and designs as well as other mods that will use Cultural Inspiration as a methodology to give us greater control over our communities and create Neighbor Hoods that will give greater diversity in our cities.  

2 New Landmarks

- Himeji Castle (Japanese Castle)

- Todai-ji (Sumo / Martial Arts Monastery for Cultural Learning)

3 $$ Residential

3 $$$ Residential

4 $$ Commercial

4 $$$ Commercial

Icons and Descriptions by Yayie (Thanks for doing the artwork and Menu Positioning for me within Akar) (Thanks to the SUGC Team Members for testing and debugging the mod for me).

Special thanks to Oppie for the SCP for which no mod would ever be possible and the Developers for always being around to answer questions when we all need questions answered on quirky things we do not understand completely yet as we learn.

Without the community and their continued desire for mods I myself and other would not be working so hard to deploy So many of these new ideas buildings and Blue Prints that will further the modding efforts globally.

Place the mod in your \simcitydata folder

What's New 1.05

• 1.00 - First Release Released to Group for Testing
  • 1.01 - Fix Futurization Bug found by Elricm
  • - First Changes to Akar Menu (Yayie)
  • 1.02 - Fix Floating Solar Panel but found by Yayie
  • 1.03 - Added $$ to the $$$ RC in the mod
  • - Suggestion by Yayie and SUGC Members
  • 1.04 - Fixed some Icons and Description Images
  • Yayie
  • 1.05 - Release to Public
  • - Release to Mod Pack

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Share this review

Link to review

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Project Shinjidai puts other landmarks to shame with its intricate detail and majestic exteriors. It's the perfect mod for creating a city with a distinct Japanese/East Asian feel and blends beautifully with old and modern architecture alike. While both Himeji Castle and Todai-ji take up a lot of land space, it's worth utilizing these buildings as aesthetic centrepieces; I wouldn't consider many of my cities complete without them. 

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      You know how in Google Earth you can hit "R" and reset the camera to point straight down and rotate so North is straight up?
      I think that would be an awesome and simple mod to add such a key to Cities:Skylines. Would anybody be interested in coding it?
    • By fakelvis
      As you will no doubt know, the Maxis SC4 website shut down a long time ago, and with it went the Maxis tools and DLC landmarks.
      The Maxis DLC landmarks were once available over on Screwpile Developments, but that no longer works. Also @MoofishPro made them available here, but the .ipb file means these cannot be installed on a Mac.
      (Staff Note: This has now been fixed and was broken due to an error with the file submission, where the zip extension wasn't assigned. So this can also be a viable alternative to the landmarks as packaged here.)

You can find all of these by trawling the internet and various SC4 forums. But, in this simple .zip file, I've compiled the .dat files for all 29 Maxis DLC Landmarks.

Unzip Place the entire folder into your SC4 Plugins folder Done
      63 Building Adler Planetarium Air Force Base (actually a Civic Reward, not a landmark) Arc de Triomphe Brandenburg Gate Capitol Records Globe Arena Grand Central Station Grutze Industries Grutzehaus Kunjungjon Living Mall Longfellow Castle Lucky's Hang Ten Mayflower Port Nam Dae Moon (a.k.a. Sungre Mun) Parthenon Rockerfeller Center San Francisco City Hall Schloss Schoenbrun Shorty Burger Seoul City Hall Seoul Soccer Stadium Sobchak Lanes Stone House (a.k.a. Ian's House of Stone and Wood) Stonehenge Taipei Art Museum Temple Expiatiori de la Sagrada Familia Temple of Grutz
      As far as I can see, this is compatible with the 'AllInOne.dat' file from @toroca's Functional Landmarks mod.
    • By Shannanigan O'Crabby
      Hey there everybody...

So I've been building houses and using Ronyx "No Base" script to remove that ugly grey stuff the game adds on below ground level.
      I just noticed... that also removes "snow" if the asset is placed in a Snowfall map. :/
      I don't supposed there is any way around this is there?

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      I'm a city painter and I'm trying to gain some control over my neighborhoods. I'm pretty sure that "Building Themes per District" by Boformer is the mod for this but I'm having trouble learning how to use it. Are there other mods that you guys use in conjunction with it? Do you city painters use the "Always Demand" mod? Cause I'm having demand issues and I'm not sure if I want to remove that aspect from the gameplay. Also, when you plop a building from a theme, do you have to lock it every time, or is there an easier way to get it to stick?
      Even just some kind of quick introduction to how you use the Building Themes per District mod would be really helpful. I'm having trouble figuring out the GUI.
      thx in advance

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections