NoCarsForLowWealth 1.1

(21 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Introduction

NoCarsForLowWealth modifies the Sim and SimCar packages and sets the number of possible sims for a Low wealth vehicle to be 0 - meaning that driving is no longer an option for low wealth sims.  They will be forced to walk, or use the tremendously hideously broken public transport system to get to their place of work.

While possible to also make Medium and High wealth sims to not take their cars, I've found through experience that this makes the game unplayable, since the sims are just too stupid to find a place to work, and you cause more problems than you solve.  Fortunately, Medium and High wealth sims aren't as many ias low wealth sims, so having their cars on the road won't be an issue.

To make this work effectively, be sure to build a bus depot close to the residential zone so that it will function, and then be able to bus sims to other parts of your city, to provide workers for your far away places like the sewage plants and garbage dumps.

I've tested this mod with a population of over 600,000 with no gridlock issues.  Pictured above is a low wealth sprawl both low density - and later, high density - and as you can see the only vehicles driving around are school busses and shuttle busses - no cars :D

This mod is for offline only. Attempting to use it online will cause rollbacks.

Instructions

Unzip the zip file, and place the Mods-Sim.package and Mods-SimCar.package into your SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages folder.  This mod depends on the SimCity-Scripts_287520926.package, which you can copy from SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame to your SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages folder.

Restart/start your game (be sure your'e playing in offline mode first)

What's New 1.1   View Changelog

Released

• 1.0 - Initial Release after 3 months of testing.
  • 1.1 - Added another screenshot to gallery

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Yayie

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
AnswerMe

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
CapTon

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Natir

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
momocan

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
kam44

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
red467

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
JayCrey

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Leez

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
FalseZen

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Tetr4ch

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By DefconZero
      Greetings,
      Linux user here (quick shout-out to all users of unix-like operating systems) and new to Simtropolis.
      I'd like to customize the installation of NAM beyond what is offered by the "minimal" option as presented. Essentially I'm only interested in the enhanced path-finding functions, pertaining to sims using transportation options and nothing else. Skimming through the manuals, I didn't find a detailed technical report on the data files themselves and which ones contain which functions. I'd like to know which file(s) are necessary for pathfinding so that I can delete all other non-essential plugins and components. I guess you could say I'm just an optimization geek and I follow the Unix philosophy of "Do one thing only and do it well."
      If I overlooked such a report, or technical overview, please direct me to the appropriate page as needed, I love reading technical documents!

• By mikeseith
      These lots spawn automata from the European auto new instance mod.
      They must be installed with this lot. Otherwise, these lots will not spawn anything. When plopped, these lots spawn many European cars onto your city's streets. These lots are intended to be a help for people creating C.J.s and people who want to create a little gridlock and spectacular crashes. These lots will also spawn Citroens from my newest Citroen dealer when it comes out in the next few weeks.
      Attempted to minimize the "flashing" effect of the lots.

Please note: If you already have the European auto new instance mod you will have to redownload it and have it overwrite the older version.
      These lots can be found in the parks menu and are labelled as Euro traffic generator.
      As always, place these files and the European auto new instance mod in the game's plugin folder.

Updated June 27, 2006 to include:
      1 plaza lot generating moderate traffic. 1 grassy lot generating moderate traffic. 1 plaza lot generating heavy traffic. 1 grassy lot generating heavy traffic.  
    • By VitroOliveira
      I try to show here how I start a new city to have no problems with Traffic... opinions please...

• By VitroOliveira
      Now I enter in my city and I cannot see any road traffic... help please...

• By marklcfc
      I love this game but I always get problems with traffic, I don't even have 7,000 population yet so I need to fix traffic. Roundabouts seems to help but I can't have roundabouts everywhere. Currently I have this problem for instance, its a queue to get back onto the highway. I don't know how I'm supposed to get traffic back on to the highway properly, so I just did this. Would welcome some advice.

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections