• Police
  • Trade & Delivery Trucks
  • Garbage Trucks
  • Mayor
  • Power
  • Water
  • Trains
  • Street Cars

NOTE: If claiming a city after the mod has been install it can require a full restart of SimCity before the mod works in that city

Install Instructions:

The mod is now ready to be used but additional steps can be taken to get more out of it

• In the "..\SimCity\SimCityUserData\EcoGame\" you'll find some files named "SimCity-Scripts_#.package" copy the file with the highest number to "..\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages\"
  • Rename the copy of the file you just copied by prefixing it with "z_" so its name is "z_SimCity-Scripts_#.package"

Note: only copy one file

Note: The  z_SimCity-Scripts_#.package needs to be changed if SimCity upgrades

Doing the above two steps will allow you to build stuff along the street

Base

• Parks
  • Bus stops

Advance

• Parks
  • Bus stops
  • Buildings
  • Zone
  • Wind Turbines
  • Garbage Dumps
  • Some Garages

Addons:

The addons folder contains file that will allow a certain group of Vehicles to use my street.

1_Construction&moving trucks.package - Construction & Moving Trucks
1_Fire_services.package - Fire, HazMat and Fire Marshal
1_Health_Services.package - Ambulances and Wellness vans
1_sewage.package - Sewages
1_tech_pipe.package - Tech from Universities

To install the addons copy the file/s of your choice to "..\SimCity\SimCityData\"

How to find Origin Install folder

• Start Origin
  • Press "Origin" in the left top corner
  • Press "Application Settings"
  • Change the tab to Advanced
  • The top most grayed out field contains the path to you origin install folder

What's New in Version 2.0   View Changelog

Released

• fixed the sewage addon
  • added addon for tech (pink line from univcersities)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same here since the last update all the agents pass through and i cant bulldoze the streets anymore. also they appear to use the slot size of an avenue....idk what went wrong. maybe its not the script file with they highest number anymore, that we need to copy? i redid all the steps at least 3 times. before i updraded everything worked out fine.
I use the advanced option and let all the service vehicles use the street.

Share this comment

as of 07.07.2013 the mod seems broken

I have installed universal street 2.0 and tried 1.9:

• 1_Universalstreet_Menu.package into C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData
  • base\1_Universal_Street_Script.package into C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData

Problems I have encountered:

• all agents use the new Park Street
  • the new street is not removale - thus cluttering the map as dead space

For me the description which file in which directory unlocks what and how they interact with each other could be a little bit more detailed.

Share this comment

Dear Felgard, could you please suggest what I could do in order to use your MOD alongside with ProKalone's Road Pack 7.0 Mod?? Both are essential! Please help. Thanks!

Share this comment

Hey Felgard, could you add recycling trucks on the list of allowed vehicles too? Thanks. It's causing major issues with the ability to pick up recycling if these roads are present--trucks get stuck in a loop on the road. Its' funny because they can enter it, but very rarely exit it. Thanks again.

Share this comment

seems to not wok under 8.0 except of bus powe/water/sewege but the moust important forme is the tradetrucks that  wont use it for me

Share this comment

For all those having issues with deleting the streets: 

It seems that you may have to do this with every update: 

1. Open a new city. 

2. Add the special road. 

3. Play around a bit (I usually do for about 2-3 minutes). 

4. Exit out of the game. 

5. Go back in, and now the street should be working normally. 

6. Go to whatever game you were playing before!

I don't know anything about the file, or the code, this is just what has worked for me. Hope it works for you. 

Share this comment

The Omega trucks don't seem to be able to use these roads, I've been digging around trying to figure out how to add them but I can't figure out how to save the package file modifications.

Share this comment

I have installed this mod, and I must say that I am somewhat disappointed. Not only is it extremely impractical, consuming the slot of an avenue, but it cannot be bulldozed and all sorts of vehicles run everywhere with it. The road guides aren't synced with this mod either.

I would advise that some more work is needed on it: the concept of having such a road that only allows certain vehicles to use it is fantastic and near-essential, yet as it stands now a few readjustments and reforms are required.

Share this comment

@LaVerite

if u claim a city  u have to do that too

then only the intedned things pass and its bulldozeable

1. Open a new city. 

2. Add the special road. 

4. Exit out of the game. 

I don't know anything about the file, or the code, this is just what has worked for me. Hope it works for you. 

Share this comment

The problem is his mod touches a bunch of different things that I don't think anyone knows much about. I tried digging through it myself and wasn't able to locate the stuff to make the new vehicles (omega/drones) use it.

Share this comment

I can't get it working :(
I only have the normal Simcity with no addons. Only some of the pakages from oppie

Nevermind i got it working :)

Share this comment

The road works great, however when I have the modded street as the police and fire station exit road (so regular traffic doesn't congest the fire/police lots), the game tells me that there is no road access to the rest of the city. I think(?) that the stations are operating normally, but it's still a flashing notice that gets a little annoying :p

Screenshot

Share this comment

I've been trying to figure out exactly what all he did to get this road working so I can update it to work with the new content but as of yet have been unable.

Share this comment

I can't bulldoze them, and all agents seem to pass through it. Plus power and water are not passing by :S  Is it suppose to?

me too. I used a test region and all agents passed. I think the power and water are not supposed to but it should block off regular traffic

Share this comment

The road works great, however when I have the modded street as the police and fire station exit road (so regular traffic doesn't congest the fire/police lots), the game tells me that there is no road access to the rest of the city. I think(?) that the stations are operating normally, but it's still a flashing notice that gets a little annoying :P

Screenshot

u gottta deal with that  flashing its sc's own fault and yeah all non zoned buildings work but u have to have some bus terminals and stations in there so the sims can get to work in the farter away buildings since they cant drife there

I can't bulldoze them, and all agents seem to pass through it. Plus power and water are not passing by :S  Is it suppose to?

me too. I used a test region and all agents passed. I think the power and water are not supposed to but it should block off regular traffic

here the solution

1. Open a new city. 

2. Add the special road. 

4. Exit out of the game. 

Share this comment

Just downloaded it 10 minutes ago, and just deleted it a few seconds ago... an amazing idea for a mod and it's relate able to the real world, however it just doesn't work. Cannot delete the roads(?) water, electricity (idk about sewage) can't pass through and cars still do, completely voiding the entire mod.
I really hope this does get fixed (and looks more industrial, it is for work and cobbled streets etc isn't how I would build a road like this in real life)

Share this comment

Just downloaded it 10 minutes ago, and just deleted it a few seconds ago... an amazing idea for a mod and it's relate able to the real world, however it just doesn't work. Cannot delete the roads(?) water, electricity (idk about sewage) can't pass through and cars still do, completely voiding the entire mod.
I really hope this does get fixed (and looks more industrial, it is for work and cobbled streets etc isn't how I would build a road like this in real life)

your prob is fixed in the post above...... why dont ppl just read the last posts and see if there is a soution for their problems -_-

and for power etc u have to place the addiitonal modules of the mod in the "simcitydata" folder

Share this comment

Ok Have followed above directions To the Letter and still omly moving trucks const. trucks & police... sometimes ALL traffic will use it.  SO Strange.I Have done this several times and it always acts strange.. Maybe change the name becouse I have never seen a bus use this road...It's a Shame was a great idea!

Share this comment