VIRM "RegioRunner" Custom Train 3

(42 Reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

I'm extremely excited about this one - basically, this is the kind of thing I was hoping to do when I started breaking apart the package files during the first beta; this is officially the first fan-made 3d model that's made its way into the game. It cost me many hours to make, but the end result is more than worth it for me.

This train is the so-called VIRM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NS_VIRM ), one of the more well-known trains of the Dutch railways. Apart from a few minor details, the in-game one is an exact replica.

The only very minor issue with this model is that the LODs (which are what the game displays at higher distances) have still slightly more polygons than maybe they should, but unless you have a very low-end machine, this should not be noticeable.

UPDATE (16-5-2013)

File has been modified to change the scale of the train (originally I used the real-world dimensions, but those look too small in-game; now I always multiply the real-world dimensions by 1.3). Also contains better looking LODS and bump mapping.

UPDATE (31-5-2013)

Adjusted the height of the pantograph for the electrified railroad.

Added interior maps for the train.

What's New in Version 3   View Changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I do not have the game, but you, sir, are now officially awesome! You have the premier of achieving this breakthrough: custom models for SimCity 2013. Therefore, I'll take off my proverbial hat for you and may this be the start of a great community fix job this game was waiting for. ;)

Share this comment

Oppose you are getting there first you'll be resigning vehicles and than you get further through and find out how to risking buildings!I know that EA said modding is out of the game but Oppie you have done it!You are Simcitys future buddy keep up the great stuff!Also can you try to reskin the Streetcar into a more modern Streetcar?Thank god your here Oppie :)

Share this comment

Congratulations oppie. Very well done indeed and thank you for your time.

I wonder what Maxis & EA are thinking about modding. Any news people of them allowing MODs? Any tools? No?

Share this comment

I've been using this and the other vehicle texture mods for a while now and have to say how much they add to my game. Thank you for making them. Although with all the bugs with trains that haven't been removed yet I have to ask: why didn't you use a Fyra model? :)

Share this comment

Will you be updating the train for GU 8. Instead of replacing the textures, the mod only adds gaps between all the train cars.

Thanks.

Share this comment

please help me.

i downloaded the train file, extracted and put the file in the right folder.

now i get some kind of TGV train and not the dutch train.

can someone help me fix this?

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By Bad Peanut
      so I've been waiting for sub buildings to become native so I could finally finish off Flinders Street Station (from Melbourne) here's a quick WIP look - probably will release sometime soonish - maybe next week.

Let me know what you guys think!

• By Nksheng
      This collection consists three assets:
      2 Base Station (1 for 2 lane roads and another 1 for 4 lane or 6 lane roads)
      1 Modular Station
      *Remember to place the modular station with base station correctly or else the building will not working.
      I' m not good at design models. If you think the model i made is dumb, feel free to get the templates of the station from the source code below to apply your new design on the station. It will be great if you decide to share your new design onto the web.
      Source Code:
      https://github.com/Nksheng/Cargo-Exchange-Modular-Elevated-Cargo-Train-Terminal
    • By Angry Mozart
      Give realism to your railroad tracks, yards, sidings, spurs and industrial zones with these freight cars and locomotives dating from the 1980's to our modern days.
      This prop pack includes newer rolling stock pieces, some of them never seen before in SimCity 4, like:
      Autoracks Coil Cars Gondolas Boxcars Hoppers Tank Cars And so on. In this prop pack you  will find around 300 different freight cars and other objects like containers, trailers etc, all of them rendered in HD and in 20 different versions (ortho, diagonal, curve fitting and FAR versions).
      Installation:
      Just extract the files contained in this .rar file into your plugins folder. For uninstalling it, just delet them from your plugins folder.
      Dependencies:
      None, this is intended to be a depencency.
      Enjoy it.
      Thanks to everyone who helped me in its development, without you, this would have been such a mess. And you, for downloading.
      For more information and/or notify me of an error with this,  please visit this thread:
      Or PM at my Simtropolis profile.
    • By Tim The Terrible

Introduction
      With the much appreciated help of @boformer I managed to make the beginnings of a mod that aims to add more customization to the existing Train Tracks network. I'm currently testing to see what others experience when using this mod. Anyone who has me as a friend on Steam can subscribe to the Beta. I update daily as I keep encountering small issues. With your help I can speed up the process and get the mod ready for release sooner. For your information: I don't know how to code, all current lines of code are taken for the Bus Stop Replacer mod (by @boformer)
      Aim
      The aim for this mod is to give players full control over the visuals of their rail network. I plan to do this by adding as much variety as possible. I'm thinking of all standard catenaries of most major countries. Along the way I can also make (generic) requests. On top of that I want to give you the ability to submit your own models, which I can then add to the mod. Unfortunately, you cannot do this yourself as you can for Network Skins, as I try to keep this mod simple. However, this might change in the future as Network Skins is still undergoing development.
      How it works
      The mod will include several 'Styles' you can choose from in the Mod Options. Changes are applied when loading a save from the Main Menu only (again: keeping it simple). The mod will then replace all vanilla props with custom props. This includes vanilla Station Tracks, but also all tracks from Extra Station Tracks and One-Way Tracks. Until Network Skins is updated, you cannot change props per segment.
      All changes are visual and will therefor not break your game. When anything goes wrong or when unsubscribing, the game will simply load the vanilla props.
      While it's in Alpha, I still advise to avoid testing on your favorite city, but that goes for every mod you try out.

Roadmap
      All will be optional
      Add more variety to the props (example) Add random track-side junk (e.g. rails & sleepers) Add random track-side props (e.g. powerboxes) Add signals at intersections Add End-of-the-line prop (example) Add custom Buffers (per style) Add custom wires (per style) Current Issues (September 15th)
      When switching styles, props disappear when loading new save from main menu (prop = null) (Thank you @boformer) Changes are not applied to all neworks (inconsistent) (Fixed myself) Props big in file size (1,8mb) even when all source files together are 500kb Sometimes props have a +2m offset to the left or right at intersections  (Magically disappeared)  Props have an offset of 2,4m (might be from the asset editor) (Thank you @boformer and @Ronyx69) Help me please!
      Like I said: I'm not familiar with coding in C#, so every bit of help is much appreciated. I'm doing all I can to teach myself, but I've been unable to find CS related tutorials. At the moment I have Notepad++ and Microsoft Visual Studio. If you know any good sites or documentation, please let me know. If you can help me with testing, or know how to fix an issue, please leave a reply. I check the forums hourly.
      Thank you all!

Screenshots

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Get the best of the best from the STEX!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange. Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections