Super-High Graphic Settings 1

(33 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

"Sometimes I feel like my 8Gb of ram and my new ATI Radeon are wasted with this game"

(GlobexCo with a small city before this mod)

"Time to turn on the extra fan"

(GlobexCo with a big city after this mod)

Super High Graphic Settings

for CitiesXL - version 1

Low-poly lods are just horrible in a big city, especially at night... with low quality textures applied to low quality buildings.

And of course that stupid black box instead of real cars is worse than any other things!

read me please!

This mod has been designed to push CXL render engine to maximum. Cars show at any zoom (except the last and further one, when cars are too small to be rendered correctly - and so the game simply doesn't render them). Same thing for people walking. Buidings now use the same model at any zoom.

To really enjoy this mod you need a big, high definition screen... or littlest details will become just "pixels together".

You need 4Gb or more of ram, especially for big cities - or the game may crashes for insufficient memory. You need a very good graphic card to render all those polys and to show something good.

Not related to this mod, but since it's summer and hot, you may want to buy a better fan for your pc (or an extra fan to put under your laptop) so temperature won't reach critical levels.

Of course, use this mod at your own risk. I'm not responsible of melt mother boards 3.gif .

If you meet all these specs, then download the mod, your city pictures will look better!

how to install

* download the .zip archive

* extract the content (a .patch file) in your paks folder (C:/installation folder/CitiesXL/Paks)

* Check that graphic options is set to "high"

* You don't need to touch anything more in that option panel

* Play

more info

if you still don't believe - or not understand - what I'm talking about, then look at these two pictures:

before:

nolod2.jpg

after:

nolod1.jpg

Look at the cinema, in the first picture is horrible!

Now look at the farm road, there's a black box in the center... now look at the second picture, in front of the mall: can you see that white car?

Updates:

I don't think I'll update the mod... Anyway, I left trees quality at default settings, since there are a lot of polys in a tree model, and it will take years to load big landscapes.

GlobexCo

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

my specs? got (and needed) a laptop for everything (custom hp dv6). Radeon 4650hd (1Gb), ram 4gb (but I've ordered the 8gb expansion few days ago), intel core 2 duo (2GHz), Windows 7 x64.

Share this comment

@Animaniacs ... are you using a Steam edition? or a box one? Find your steam folder and search the citiesXL folder inside or search the CitiesXL installation folder under Program Files (x86). @Tommy7777: as I said, I didn't try my mod with biggest cities...

Share this comment

Guest the sherminator

Posted

uhm i have 2 nvidia quadro 4gb graphics cards so i don't think i need this but good work tho 5/5 XD!

Share this comment