SimFox Day and Nite Modd 1

(333 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This modd alters the look of both Day (slightly) and Night (in far more drastic fashion)view of the game.

Days gain richer more natural looking shadows, greater overall contrast and better interaction of terrain and various models (in terms of shading).

Nights are now much darker and less blue/purple. Yet unlike in some other similar modds they aren't completely black-hole, pitch black. The city, vegetation and terrain are all still visible in the night, albeit just so.

Installation is very simple just unzip the content of the archive into your Pluging folder and start the game.

Special Note on truNite buildings.

This modd is tailor made to work with DarKNite TruNite buildings. Normal truNite ones will look overly bright and blue. So look for special DarkNite releases!

Have FUN! Questions and suggestions for a time being may be addressed to BAT4Max thread

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Xylo: thanx, man. TiFlo: it works partially on same principle like Gizmo's, but it goes a little beyond that by also altering environmental lighting used in game, not just making night darker (which is not as dark as Gizmo's - you can still see things). It also alters day view as well.

Share this comment

I've been using a self-modified Gizmo mod that is similar, but I really like what you've done with the day shading/contrast. I'm hoping for re-releases of TruNite bats in DarkNite mode (especially BSP), because they do look awkward. Great work on this, huge improvement!

Share this comment

I just tried it out and I love it. I can really tell the difference in the daytime, there seems to be more vibrant colors instead of just flat colors. And the shadows and shading are a huge improvement also. And I hardly notice any difference in the buildings at night, and it looks way more realistic being a lot darker, it makes the lighting stick out more. Great job, I LOVE IT!

Share this comment

@ SimFox : Thank you for the answer. I tried it, and although I still prefer the pitch dark nights of Guizmo's mod, yours doesn't mess the road texture at night (Guizmo's made it stick out as a sharp bicolor 16 bytes type; on my system at least). That's enough for me to keep yours for the time being. I'm looking forward to watch it in action during daytime. Thanks again!

Share this comment