Steam Columns 2

(21 Reviews)
Sign in to follow this  

1 Screenshot

About This File

It's a steam column! Generates 500 Power, and is transit enabled. These are very common in New York City.As a warning: there have been pipe explosions in New York... (In this case, it only explodes after it ages.)

--UPDATE as of 6/11/08;

-Removed Radiation from explosion (It explodes after it blows up in a fire)

-Increased Traffic Capacity

-Added visual improvement

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Useless, lacks any kind of aesthetics (aka ugly and unrealistic), and of course, an orange box. And why would it need to be transit enabled? All it is, an orange box with a smoke stack sitting on a road that generates a rather small amount of energy. Make no sense at all. Please put more effort into your creations.

Share this comment

TV-VCR, have you ever been to NYC? It's full of these everywhere (New York City is heated by steam pipes under the city). New York isn't always aesthetic, but these are very realistic!

Share this comment

there good as it does also looks like whats in Chicago but a tad bit on the large side where it hogs the road... scale it down a bit more then I might use, till then a 4/10

Share this comment

personally, i like them if you've ever been to NYC you'll know exactly what these are - although they usually to take up mode space than a median and are almost always accompanied by a road crew and a detour, anyway, good job =] anotherthing tough is that i think it would be better if it didn't explode =S 5/10

Share this comment

I like these. I don't live in America, but I've seen pictures of them and can say that you've got them right. It's little details like these that make a city look alive - not all downloads need to be needlessly complicated. A good first project.

Share this comment

I can't help but chime in, the steam pipes are technically half a lane or less wide at the base with the rim of a truck tire to hold it down. So if someone, anyone could remodel it and scale it down horizontally pls PM me. I can't imagine my NYC region without this. Thanks for this lot!

Share this comment