The Cobb Emperador Hotel 1

(141 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

The Cobb Emperador Hotel --
4x4 Growable R$$$, and Ploppable Landmark.

The Cobb Emperador is a fanciful resort hotel housing 1580
high wealth guests. It was originally conceived as a building
that you might see in West Palm Beach, or in Monte Carlo, but
it might fit in with other types of cityscapes as well.

Thak youSandraSim1, SimGoober, and Debussyman
for helping out with great advice during the creation of the
building.

To install the Emperador, place the model, desc, and lot
files in your MyDocuments\SimCity4\Plugins folder. The
picture and readme files are optional, for quick ID and
reference, but not needed for the building to work.

To grow the Emperador, zone 4x4 dense residential. You will
grow it if you are also growing similar-sized Maxis
buildings.

The landmark version will appear in your landmarks menu.

I'd like to make a ploppable C$$$ version of this with jobs.
Bear with me until I gain the modding skills. For now, I've
provided the landmark, rather than give you something buggy
that might crash your game. :-)

None of my lots have any dependencies. I'm not against using
dependencies on lots; I just don't like to keep track of them,
so I haven't made any.

I hope you enjoy the Cobb Emperador Hotel!
--COBB

Statistics:
GROWABLE R$$$
Occupants: 1580
(3613 when dilapidated to R$$; 6543 when dilapidated to R$)
Lot Size: 4x4
Growth Stage: stage 7
Zone Type: Dense residential
Value: § 99800
Worth / Bulldoze Cost: § 1512
Flammability: 35 / Stage 5
Power consumed: 125 MWh/month
Water consumed: 160 gallons/month
Air pollution: 20 over 5 tiles
Water pollution: 15 over 6 tiles
Garbage generated: 10 tons/month

LANDMARK
Plop cost: 45000
Bulldoze Cost: 100
Landmark Effect: 40 radius 20
Mayor rating effect: 10 radius 256
Power consumed: 60
Water consumed: 100
Garbage generated: 10 tons/month

No Dependencies

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

teeLcee

Share this review

Link to review
Vampires

Share this review

Link to review
skykrl80

Share this review

Link to review
kroluap

Share this review

Link to review
choisuel7

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review

Share this review

Link to review
xx1234xx

Share this review

Link to review
Gabriel91

Share this review

Link to review
notloc74

Share this review

Link to review
Fenix_4

Share this review

Link to review
gman28

Share this review

Link to review
rooszz

Share this review

Link to review
Roy Wong

Share this review

Link to review
Swade

Share this review

Link to review
Borogwain

Share this review

Link to review

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      Plaza Hotel New York, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Like so many buildings in New York city, the Plaza Hotel can claim 'icon' status.
      This 20-story landmark building opened in 1907 on Central Park South and the main entrance faces the Grand Army Plaza (from which the Plaza Hotel derives its name).
      The building is in a French Renaissance Chateau style. It was extended in 1921 with the addition of a 300 room annexe along W58th St.
      This is a complex building - indeed one of the more complex buildings I have batted - with no two elevations the same. 
      While the BAT I have made is a fairly faithful interpretation of the real Plaza hotel, in order to get this into a game constrained by 16m2 tiles, I have had to reinterpret some elements of the building.
      The main areas that have been deliberately altered  to ensure that this is a good and useful game asset (rather than a strict recreation) are most evident along the W58th St side, which in real life is longer than the Central Park Side. 
      To that end I have taken off approx 10m along the W58th St frontage which ensures that the building sits comfortably on 5 tiles and added a matching roof turret for symmetry. 
      The front elevation is slightly narrower than the original to ensure that it sits within a 4 tile space. This is to ensure that other W2W buildings, which are typically 2 tiles deep can grow (or be plopped) adjacent to the building and neatly align (as per the screenshots).
      Lastly, the roof junk has been deliberately streamlined and simplified to avoid the very cluttered roof-top look of the original building.
      All that said, if you believe that a recreation must be 100% accurate, then this BAT is not for you, as I have made the changes to the building in order to ensure that it is a good and useful game asset.
      The building comes in a growable CS§§§ 4x5 lot, a ploppable CS§§§ 4x5 lot and a growable R§§§ 4x5 lot.

It grows on the New York tileset and given that is an oversized Chateau, in my opinion would work equally well in a Euro environment.
      STATS CS§§§ (Growable & Ploppable):
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         8 (High Density Zoning; N/A for ploppable)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 8,999 CS§§ 2,252 CS§§§ 903
      Pollution:                  45 (Air)/ 30 (Water)/ 60 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  188 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   1,683 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building

STATS R§§§ :
      Lot size :                  4x5
      Growth Stage:         7 (High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,255
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 10,143 R§§ 5,600 R§§§ 2,448
      Pollution:                  25 (Air)/ 8 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  217 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   288 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          New York (N/A for ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Commercial Services Building
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

DEPENDENCIES:
      * Dayopeace.dat
      N.B: this is for the moving flag props and is one of the Maxis files that were available on the official exchange. Most users will have this. However, if you don't, it is available here: https://screwpiledevelopments.com/screw-pile-exchange-spex/maxis-files/
      Scroll until you see the 'Day of Peace' and then click on the link. You do not need a drop-box account to download the file (you can dismiss the account creation request and download this as a guest).

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      There are none. Your driver circles the block while you and your guests dine inside at the Palm Court. If you don't understand this concept, then don't download 
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
    • By Diego Del Llano
      This Luxurius beach front condos, are located in Puerto Vallarta , Mexico, my Hometown, the height is 196,85 ft, (60 meters). 

DEAR PEOPLE FROM SIMTROPOLIS: YOU CAN FIND THE VERSION WITH "NO PLAZA" IN THAT VERSION YOU CAN MODIFY THE LOT, PUT PROPS, FLORA, MAKE THE LOT AS BIG AS YOU WANT... FEEL FREE TO EDIT THIS VERSION. ENJOY.

This file Includes: Functional Landmark with 1,000 CS$$$ Jobs
      To install: Unzip the folder inside and dragg it on C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugin
    • By mattb325
      Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge, by Mattb325.
      If you've recently downloaded Harrods http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31736-harrods/ you may be wanting some additional UK themed Bats to fill the surrounding area.
      Fear not; over on nearby Sloane Street, a brutalist monstrosity caught my eye, and so I have brought this into game.
      When I look at a building from Google Street View, if at a street level it piques my interest, then I'll usually look at it from either Google Earth or Bing to get a better feel for the model.
      It is at this point that I will determine whether I will do a recreation, or adopt a looser approach. Either way, there will always be elements of each building I look at that in my opinion will stay or go when I recreate the building for SC4.
      Normally not too many elements of a building get turfed out: those that do are either aligned at an odd angle (rather than the SC4 grid), or are too awkward to be worth my effort. It is rare, however, that a building catches my eye on street level, for me to look at it from above and shake my head with a 'what were they thinking' moment.
      Millennium Hotel in Knightsbridge is one such building.
      It caught my eye because there are so few of these sorts of buildings in SC4; now I'll admit I am not a huge fan of brutalist early 1970's architecture: add the inclement British weather & city smog and you have hulking concrete structures that have gone from a light green-grey to the most dreary shade of dirty grey imaginable. But regardless of your opinion on Brutalism, you have to admit that it at least exudes authority and gravitas.
      So it came as some surprise when I saw all of the truly, truly "twee" additions visible from the air....now, with apologies to Mcmansionhell.com and other spoof websites, please see my take on what got the 'cut' from this Bat and why...
      **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hopefully my UK friends can get a bit of a laugh out of this: you have been through a fair bit in recent months. 
      Now that that's out of the way, the Millenium Hotel is offered as a growable CS§§ building on a 4x4 lot. It is a larger 14 story mid-rise building, which I have made my own adjustments to. It grows on all tilesets and provides 960 CS§§ jobs.
      STATS CS§§:
      Lot size :                  4 x 4
      Growth Stage:         7 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 780
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 3,831, CS§§ 960
      Pollution:                  35 (Air)/ 23 (Water)/ 47 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   77 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   923 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro (N/A for Ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      This lot does not require external dependencies.

• By mattb325
      Kensington Apartments, by Mattb325.
      A fictional development, based on a new build in London's West End, Kensington apartments was created to compete with some of the mid-rise R§§§ aprtment complexes which can become quite repetitive in game. The single versions have stats similar to the in-game 'Packard Apartments' and should compete fairly well with this, and similarly-sized Maxis buildings.
      Like many of the newer London developments, this design is fairly straightforward: double storey entrance lobby (and ground floor flats each with a fenced off outdoor area) and then double storey sub-penthouse and penthouse levels. 
      The building is twelve stories tall. 
      As is often typical in inner-city developments, none of the apartments has particularly large balconies: traffic noise usually makes these less than inviting spaces. Floor to ceiling triple-glazed windows on all sides of the building more than adequately make up for this lack of terrace space.
      The communal planting includes a mix of deciduous trees and conifers; the larger lots have both a heated indoor pool and tennis court for the exclusive use of the residents. 
      These apartments are presented in 6 lot options: a 2x1, a 2x2, a 2x3, a 4x4, a 5x5 and a 6x6 lot. They grow on all tilesets and all have varying stats depending on the lot size.
      These are a good mid-rise, high wealth, medium density filler lots for your cities.
      STATS R§§§:
      Lot size :                   2x1, 2x2, 2x3
      Growth Stage:         5, 6 & 7 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 635
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 716, R§§ 396, R§§§ 175
      Pollution:                  2 (Air)/ 1 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  22 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   32 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Houston/Euro/NY/Chicago
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Residential Building

STATS R§§§ (x2):
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         5 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,241
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 1,428, R§§ 790, R§§§ 347
      Pollution:                  5 (Air)/ 1 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Power Consumed:   44 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    61 Gal/Month
      Building Style:           Houston/Euro/NY/Chicago
      Occupant Group:      High Wealth Residential Building

STATS R§§§ (x3):
      Lot size :                  5x5 & 6x6
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,847
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 2,141, R§§ 1,183, R§§§ 519
      Pollution:                  7 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  66 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   89 Gal/Month

(http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      As these models contain garaged underground parking, the lots do not come with parking textures. Any parking textures that may appear in the in-game screen shots belong to adjacent lots and are not part of this download. If you wish to add acres of parking or change the type of concrete textures, please use the lot editor to do so.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC Texture Pack - CPVol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *BSC Mega Props - Mattb325Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      Thanks.
    • By mattb325
      Gertrude Apartments, by Mattb325.
      A fictional development, based on a new build in the San Francisco, CA area, Gertrude apartments was created to compete with some of the mid-rise R§§§ apartment complexes which can become quite repetitive in game.
      This apartment building uses a series of massings and elevations to provide abundant natural light and cross ventilation to each of the generously sized apartments. This design also ensures that most terraces are private and that all but one is overlooked from neighbouring flats.
      This apartment building is 8 floors high (excluding the mechanical penthouse area). The lower floors contain a number of 2 & 3 bedroom + 2 bathroom apartments, while the upper floors are reserved for spacious 3-4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom apartments. 
      The 7th and 8th floor has only one 'sky home' with a spacious, private sun terrace and generous planter boxes.
      The communal grounds planting is of low maintenance conifers on well-lit, compact grounds making these lots a great option in all density areas. 
      The apartments are presented in two paint schemes: a deep, coffee colored scheme which looks great in dense, urban areas and a paler blue/green scheme inspired by the coast. Both are in prop families and will grow at random.
      These apartments are presented in 5 lot options: a 4x4, a 3x4, a 4x3, a 4x2 and a 2x4 lot. They grow on all tilesets and all have the same stats.
      These are a good mid-rise, high wealth, medium density filler lots for your cities.
      STATS R§§§:
      Lot size :                   2x4, 3x4, 4x2, 4x3, 4x4
      Growth Stage:         5 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 493
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 899, R§§ 497, R§§§ 219
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 1 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Power Consumed:  28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   39 Gal/Month

(http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 

As these models contain garaged underground parking, the lots do not come with parking textures. Any parking textures that may appear in the in-game screen shots belong to adjacent lots and are not part of this download. If you wish to add acres of parking or change the type of concrete textures, please use the lot editor to do so.

DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC Texture Pack - CPVol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      Thanks.

Season's Greetings!

xmas popup.jpg

Thank You for the Continued Support!

Simtropolis relies mainly on member donations to continue operating. Without your support, we just would not be able to be entering our 15th year online!  You've really help make this a great community.

But we still need your support to stay online. If you're able to, please consider a donation to help us stay up and running, so that we can help keep bringing SimCity players together to share our creations.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

Expand your city with the best from the Simtropolis Echange.
Make a donation and get one or all three discs today!

stexcollection-header.png

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections