About This File
After literally months in development and countless trips back to the drawing board, Pegasus Productions is proud to finally release this Deluxe Edition of the Pond Kit. Although similar in appearance, every lot and model have been rebuilt from the pond bottom up to eliminate the bad and make room for the good.
Improvements in the Deluxe Edition include:
1. NO SEAMS!! That's right... those pesky hairline seams that appeared between many sections are now gone for good.
2. Improved Slope Tolerance. It is now possible to build a straight river up a modest slope. Larger areas such as ponds and lakes should still be built on level areas... but you can easily run straight sections of a river up a smooth incline.
3. WATERFALLS!!! Yes... we finally engineered an improved system for making waterfalls that are easy to plop and nice to look at. Blending old & new... texture and BAT, we now have a waterfall that will flex and stretch to fit any single-tile height slope you create. With left, center and right side waterfall lots, you can create a waterfalls virtually any width. These lots also include the top, center and bottom of the falls all in a single lot. No more separate top and bottom lots to contend with.
4. Open Modular Architecture. The Pond Kit has been restructured from the ground up to allow easier add-ons. This includes completely new pond styles that you will be able to change as easily as a rock or water mod style by simply exchanging a single file. This will also allow transparent versions of each style so those of you who use alternate terrain or snow mods will be able to use the ponds as well.
5. Reduced Costs... Reduced Effects. The plop and maintenance costs have been reduced significantly. Accordingly, the Park & Landmark effects have been reduced as well. Although the cost and effects for each lot was fairly modest, collectively, it all could easily add up to a significant monthly expense and and an easily capped out desirability. The new reductions should make even extensive water systems affordable and viable in rural and agricultural areas.
6. Auto Update!! Probably the best news of all for those with extensive Pond systems, this new kit will automatically update all your existing Pond lots in the game... except for the water tiles with Lilly Pads. Just remove the old files, install the new ones... and you're all set... except for replopping any Lilly Pad water tiles, of course.
Collectively, all these new features add up to a much improved and much easier to use Pond/River development system. With these new standards now in place, the flood gates are finally open for new add-ons, new styles and lots of new development in your cities.
**This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users. These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.
All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.