• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

SCTweak

simcity 5 tweak tool
  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#31 killer_bake!

killer_bake!
  • killerbake
  • LocationDETROIT

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

some of the values are a little buggy, but happy to say r3 is working in 4.0.1 for me...

great work! glad i dont have to reload now!

vyxNImB.jpg

#32 trgs

trgs
  • Sophomore

• 48 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

SIDE EFFECT HAHA not bad just note

if you select a zone and you have your mod in place it trys to use the values against the item selected NOT JUST ROADS :) my zone ended up a mile above ground

That's actually because the view port of the game changes in height. If not drawing roads or rails I would suggest to set SCTweak to "Default" :)

#33 xoxide

xoxide
  • xoxide101
Awards

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

This is similar to how pygma's mod works. Everything is elevated not just roads.

I never used the other method actually so it was kind of funny.. at first I was like WHERE IS MY ZONE.. and looked up above the clouds to find a street and a zone :)

still need to figure out what your CURRENT level is so you can off set correctly  in some situations.. I have not tried .. was able to make nice double decker

I need to just do slightly sunken road with it

very kewl and I love it so far.. have to try it out on some completed cities.. didn't get access till late last night due to the upgrades on some servers

#34 nigel92

nigel92
  • plops92

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

awsome

#35 RDTG

RDTG
  • Sophomore

• 44 posts
  • RDTGVC
  • LocationGreenville, SC & Maui, HI

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Awesome... Just, plain AWESOME!

#36 Nyve

Nyve
  • Freshman

• 2 posts
  • Nyveria

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

First of all: THANK YOU for making this! ^^

I started it up and it worked perfectly, but it's now stuck on OverPass 2.

When I turn it off, close the program I still can only create overpasses. The only solution was to restart SimCity.

Game version: 4.0

Game language: English (UK)

#37 Chucksef

Chucksef
  • Chucko-bot

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

Completely awesome trgs! Way to be awesome. Here is a ceremonial clap of appreciation: **clap**

FYI I reposted a link on Reddit since i hadn't already seen one. I gave you and Pygma full credit, of course.

#38 trgs

trgs
  • Sophomore

• 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

When I turn it off, close the program I still can only create overpasses. The only solution was to restart SimCity.

Just set it to "Default" then create another test piece and quit SCTweak. I'll make this more noobfriendly for the next release ;) fixed in R4

#39 Nyve

Nyve
  • Freshman

• 2 posts
  • Nyveria

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Just set it to "Default" then create another test piece and quit SCTweak. I'll make this more noobfriendly for the next release ;) fixed in R4

Haha, thanks for making it more noobfriendly next time  :) Did that as well though, but didn't work. It's stuck on overpass 2 untill I restart SimCity.  ;) Thanks! 

#40 Moofers

Moofers

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Very useful thank you very much =D

#41 Dainiac

Dainiac

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Can someone explain how to connect an overpass to the ground level?  I can get roads of various heights, but I can never seem to connect them to the ground level.  I select Overpass 2, draw the test piece, then draw my section of road where I want it.  From there, I switch back down to default, but it doesn't snap to the upper road.  I've ever tried taking down a step from Overpass 2 to Overpass 1 and then to the default level and still nada.

#42 Leviathan77116

Leviathan77116
  • LarkEdob

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Great mod! But yeah, I have the same problem as the last poster. I understand and can successfully create an overpass, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect it to existing roads. Any idea what we're doing wrong?

#43 tgodzor

tgodzor

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

for those who are trying to connect to the ground level

1 - you are already in a city

2 - turn on this app, choose an item from the app

3 - choose your road type (it works with dirty road lol)

4 - draw a small piece at ground level so the program know the ground height

5 - draw your overpass

6 - stop app

7 - draw a piece somewhere just to "reset" simcity

8 - connect your overpass to ground level

#44 Leviathan77116

Leviathan77116
  • LarkEdob

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Thanks a ton tgodzor. This helped me understand. I really appreciate it.

#45 ZacNg

ZacNg
  • ng_2693

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

You should only connect from above (overpasses) to ground.
Note 1: you have to find the snap point at the edge of the over passes
It is harder to find in avenues (abit bottom from the origin snap point)
Note 2: you must use the same road type else you just couldn't find the snap point.

#46 killer_bake!

killer_bake!
  • killerbake
  • LocationDETROIT

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

okay trying the new update.... post back.

#47 Jarocks

Jarocks

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

I had an issue with the app crashing before the GUI was even initialized. Ended up being an issue with an outdated version of the Calibri font installed on my system.

Debugging produced the following exception

Font 'Calibri' does not support style 'Bold'

Installing the latest version of Calibri Bold font fixed the issue for me, so I thought I would share this solution in case anyone encounters a similar issue.

#48 rean2ny

rean2ny

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

SCtweak is awesome. Had some fun creating Rochester, featuring elevated rails and with over and underpasses

Album:

http://imgur.com/a/SfLLb

VkyiUYPh.jpg

#49 trgs

trgs
  • Sophomore

• 48 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

SCtweak is awesome. Had some fun creating Rochester, featuring elevated rails and with over and underpasses

Album:

http://imgur.com/a/SfLLb

Thank you for the feedback and the awesome screenshot! Hope you and others will continue to like it :) HF!

#50 simmfx

simmfx
  • dustcropper12
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

It took Maxis 10 years to develop and create SimCity (2013) releasing a beta version of the game at launch riddled with bugs and flaws.

It took about a month or so for the modders at Simtropolis to create  an app so you can build overpasses and tunnels that seems to work very well with little known bugs or flaws.

Way to go Pygma and Trgs for making a simple tool app to put some fun back into a game that Maxis has nearly killed for good..

#51 abribus

abribus
  • prout

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Mad props for those genuine mods.

ty guyz

#52 eastcoast360

eastcoast360
  • ieastcoast360

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Does anyone know how to make the tunnels deeper in the ground? Most of the time they end up being kind of flush with the ground level and it doesn't look too smooth. I was wondering if its possible on the custom option? Other than that the mod is great!

#53 imjackdupp

imjackdupp
  • imjackdupp

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Beautiful job has worked flawlessly on my end. 

And for those wondering you can run heavy rail underground and the stations will still work. Just use tunnel 1 as i haven't been able to get it to work with tunnel 2.

I destroyed the line and trapped 1 train inside the loop under my city to try and get a subway system going but they wouldn't use it. Still only good for out of town trips untill someone can change that.

#54 ralphwong825

ralphwong825
  • ralphwong825
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

hi trgs

will u consider to combine your SCTweak to use on outside the map??

thanks

ralph

#55 upcreekcity

upcreekcity
  • metrogr8mayor

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for this mod.I'm just unsure how to install it.

Is it self extracting into simcity folder?

How do you get it to work while in the game?

Ok I think I have worked it out,going to run simcity and see.

#56 David S

David S
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

I am having trouble getting SCTweak to open. I get a .NET Framework Initialization error? and need "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework v4.0.30319" ?? Huh?

I know it is written in English, but I have no idea what that means or what I am suppose to do. I could  probably use some very basic help. Thanks.

Edit: I have originally another topic here by accident. But then I realized SCTweak would not work for me so I edited the post.

#57 imjackdupp

imjackdupp
  • imjackdupp

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Did a quick 5 min test and if you use the SimRoller streetcar stops you can make a working subway system.

uAyLVpK.jpg

#58 trgs

trgs
  • Sophomore

• 48 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

I am having trouble getting SCTweak to open. I get a .NET Framework Initialization error? and need "To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework v4.0.30319" ?? Huh?

I know it is written in English, but I have no idea what that means or what I am suppose to do. I could  probably use some very basic help. Thanks.

Edit: I have originally another topic here by accident. But then I realized SCTweak would not work for me so I edited the post.

Install this (you are missing .net 4 framework)

Did a quick 5 min test and if you use the SimRoller streetcar stops you can make a working subway system.

Nice findings sir!

#59 imjackdupp

imjackdupp
  • imjackdupp

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Tried it out in my test city. Works great with tunnel 1 as 2 is to deep to get the tracks connected above ground. Its a royal P.I.T.A. to get the tunnels built if there is any noticeable change of elevation. Would probably be best if done before starting the city. Cheers.OEKxuTX.jpg

#60 David S

David S
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

@trgs Thanks. Just what I needed. btw AWESOME app.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simcity 5, tweak, tool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users