• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

SimCity at E3 2012

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Pandemic

Pandemic

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

This is a few days old, but seems SimCity will be at E3, and with trailer full of in-game footage, alongside some disasters.

''SimCity Fans! E3, the largest North American videogame-centric conference, is just around the corner. We’ll be there – sun, ocean and a large conference center full of the best video games of the year? Do people actually say no to that? Of course before we head to LA and to E3, we want to share some of our details with you. You will see the game. Yup. You, the fan, the gamer, the soon-to-be-mayor. When you watch our latest trailer full of only in-game footage, you will witness some of the consequences your city will face like raging fires, pollution and protestors. What city will you build?

This is merely a taste of what we’re doing at E3. Tune in on June 4th during our press conference and see what the game looks like. Spike TV will be broadcasting it live. After you’ve watched the live stream, come back to SimCity.com and see the world premier (did we say first ever shown?), in-game screens. We’re sure you are still going to have a ton of questions so we’ve partnered with Origin.com to set-up a developer chat with our very own Lead Producer, Kip Katsarelis. He’ll be there to answer your questions live from E3 at noon PST on June 5th.

We’ll also be showing multiplayer for the first time. We won’t be able to give you a sneak peek at that feature today, but rest assured you’ll be able to read all the exciting news about what it looks like and how it works from all of the press stories.''

http://www.simcity.c...g-splines-at-E3

Pretty exciting stuff.

#2 Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi
  • MamaLuigiST
  • LocationGilbert, AZ
Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

This is already a news article on the home page, just to let you know.

I was planning on watching E3, but now I'm definitely watching.

FKJMP.gif 

eB2Gx.jpg

"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change" - Aang

█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Brain loading. Please wait...

#3 Mark Waybill

Mark Waybill
  • LocationWollongong, New South Wales

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

This should be interesting.

#4 Halen Of Dania

Halen Of Dania
  • LocationWarwick Rhode Island

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Indeed. I might accutally put away some time this year to watch some footage of the convention. thanks for the extra thread by the way :)

#5 Pandemic

Pandemic

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

Oh, didn't even realize. My apologies.

#6 §haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo
  • LocationPennsylvania, United States, Earth, Milky Way
Awards

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Agreed. :)
I can't wait to see more of SimCity.

#7 tomfoolery_79

tomfoolery_79
  • Augcliffe
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

I didn't see you mention the most important part... "we’ll also be giving out a special 25% off promo code during the chat, so come back here the day of the event to find out what it is."

#8 OcramSeattle

OcramSeattle
  • LocationGreater Seattle Area

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Which chat?

"Always do your best and you will always be better than the best in my eyes."--found on the Internet, modified by me.
"Words are words, explanations are explanations, but only performances matter."--forwarded from email, unmodified
"Ocram's Razor: Everything Ocram posts is as long winded and complex as possible, also prone to self disclosure. Opposite of Occam's Razor."--Paraphrased and reformatted by me

The above quotes describe my philosophy and the below links should help you when I don't.
The best place for Cities XL info is at The Cities XL Wiki!
Problems with Cities XL? Go to Cities XL Technical Issues or XLNation.net
Problems with SimCity 4? Go to SimCity 4 Technical Issues but no sections with CXL in their titles.
Want to learn more about game-play or other things not in the FAQ's of the above forums? Go to The Simtropolis Omnibus of Knowledge.
Please don't post confused threads in the wrong place.

#9 tomfoolery_79

tomfoolery_79
  • Augcliffe
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Which chat?

Catch The Live Show On June 5 @ 12:00PM PT

Join Maxis Senior Producer Kip Katsarelis for a live Q&A of SimCity Tuesday, June 5th.
Starting at 12:00 p.m. PT, Katsarelis will be laying down all the newest details on PC’s ultimate city simulator, as well as taking all your burning questions. Want to make sure you remember? Sign up for a reminder by entering your e-mail in the “Cover It Live” box to your right.
If that wasn’t enough, we’ll also be giving out a special 25% off promo code during the chat, so come back here the day of the event to find out what it is.
And remember, SimCity releases next year, so pre-order the Limited Edition at no extra cost on Origin and receive the SimCity Heroes and Villains set.

#10 Mark Waybill

Mark Waybill
  • LocationWollongong, New South Wales

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

As I live in Wollongong that will be 5 am on the sixth for me. Have to set my alarm early. I have already pre ordered so I don't know whether the promo code applies to existing customers?

Edited by Mark Waybill, 03 June 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#11 warrior

warrior
Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

So when is the actual press conference where they talk about and show us simcity? Some places it says June 5th. Others it says June 4th (today?)

#12 meowza

meowza

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

There's a press conference by EA at 1pm today. It begins in less than 2 hours. Watch it live here: http://www.ea.com/e3

Then tomorrow (June 5) at 12nn PT, there is Kip's Q&A: http://www.origin.com/simcity-chat

Here's the local time for LA: http://www.timeandda...city.html?n=137

Edited by meowza, 04 June 2012 - 01:32 PM.

.[/center]

The SC franchise is a business product, never a donation for charity.
I am unique, just like the other 7 billion people on earth.

#13 RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Press conference is on, the teaser at the begining mentioned Simcity Social and Simcity 5. :)

#14 OcramSeattle

OcramSeattle
  • LocationGreater Seattle Area

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I will catch that tomorrow.

"Always do your best and you will always be better than the best in my eyes."--found on the Internet, modified by me.
"Words are words, explanations are explanations, but only performances matter."--forwarded from email, unmodified
"Ocram's Razor: Everything Ocram posts is as long winded and complex as possible, also prone to self disclosure. Opposite of Occam's Razor."--Paraphrased and reformatted by me

The above quotes describe my philosophy and the below links should help you when I don't.
The best place for Cities XL info is at The Cities XL Wiki!
Problems with Cities XL? Go to Cities XL Technical Issues or XLNation.net
Problems with SimCity 4? Go to SimCity 4 Technical Issues but no sections with CXL in their titles.
Want to learn more about game-play or other things not in the FAQ's of the above forums? Go to The Simtropolis Omnibus of Knowledge.
Please don't post confused threads in the wrong place.

#15 simlink

simlink
  • LocationCanada
Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

SC Portion has started. SC Social is first segment.

Edited by sim_link, 04 June 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#16 Pandemic

Pandemic

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

SimCity is on!
http://live-event.ea.com/e3/

#17 RRtexasranger

RRtexasranger

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Maxis is up. Talking about Simcity Social. Looking alot like Cityville, but with Simcity 3000 esque graphics.

Wow, that region thing they have going on DEFINITELY looks interesting. If they do that right, the game will rock. (talking about SC5)

Edited by RRtexasranger, 04 June 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#18 samplane123

samplane123

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

I think it's fair to say, this looks like it will be the best SimCity ever!

#19 The_City_Builder

The_City_Builder
  • NuclearPanda
  • LocationWestmeath, Ireland

I have been blown away by the e3 gameplay footage of simcity!!!! Multiplayer respect has gone up a ton for me, and the gameplay graphics look outstanding. Definitley a first day buy!!!!

Edited by The_City_Builder, 04 June 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Find me on Origin: NuclearPanda

Find me on Steam: NuclearPanda

#20 Frode789

Frode789

Wow, that looked AMAZING!! This definately looks solid!

#21 Haljackey

Haljackey
  • Haljackey
  • LocationLondon, Canada
Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

I think it's fair to say, this looks like it will be the best SimCity ever!

o.O

While I remain optimistic, I cannot even come close to saying something like this.

The presentation helps answer some questions, but leaves many unanswered and poses many as well.

I don't want to make a city only to have my 'neighbour' unleash a dinosaur and destroy it.

I hope the Maxis Q&A tomorrow will help explain some details.

Edited by Haljackey, 04 June 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Building A City From Scratch  -   The Greater Terran Region (Full)  (Consolidated)  -   Videos  -  RHW Interchange Guide  -  SC4 Archives

#22 meowza

meowza

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Dayummmm... That simulator is incredible!
.[/center]

#23 MINIggy03

MINIggy03

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

That left me wanting WAY more! I was hoping they were going to go through a small demonstration. What a tease!

There definitely seems to be far more plopping than before. I don't mind ploppable buildings, but I did hope they'd have to construct like zoned buildings. Oh well, it still looks great and I hope we get to see more this week! The Q&A tomorrow should be good.

#24 Erthel

Erthel

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hopefully there will be a video of this somewhere on the net :D

#25 iowndiscti

iowndiscti
  • LocationDetroit, MI, U.S.A

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

for anyone whom missed the video:

blam?

Space for rent

call 1-800-sig-need ext.help

#26 MINIggy03

MINIggy03

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks!! There were two vids though, no?

Edited by MINIggy03, 04 June 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#27 Asheroo

Asheroo

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I love it! But argh!....I really really really do hope they at least implement cheats/sandbox mode. There was hope in a recent article saying they're trying to figure out how to implement it. That will almost be my make or break. Even in the interview, the developer admitted using cheats a lot.

Otherwise, awesome trailer.

#28 The_City_Builder

The_City_Builder
  • NuclearPanda
  • LocationWestmeath, Ireland

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

@Mini; The second one is better, but yes.

Edited by The_City_Builder, 04 June 2012 - 03:40 PM.

Find me on Origin: NuclearPanda

Find me on Steam: NuclearPanda

#29 meowza

meowza

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

The game isn't even finished yet, but it's already looking great!

Welcome back SimCity... :cry:
.[/center]

#30 Pandemic

Pandemic

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks!! There were two vids though, no?

Here's the second trailer, but less of a quality picture..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users