• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  
Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Corraile | Reborn (AIN)

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#1 kccl35

kccl35
Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:39 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Corraile has been recreated, reintroduced and is a proud member of the Alliance of Independent Nations!

I've been planning to do a plot-based CJ, but I have no idea how I should run it. Suggestions are welcome! Before I begin on that, I shall be doing an introduction to the background of Corraile.

Posted Image
Corraile ranges from the urbanised city centres

Posted Image
To the rustic and simple rural life in the countrysides

Posted Image
And contains a good amount of suburbia too!

Enjoy! :D

#2 vivydu29

vivydu29
  • LocationQuimper, brittany, France

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

Great start Kccl35.
Your mosaïc is really nice and your countryside too. ;)
I'm impatient to see more pics.

Edited by vivydu29, 17 June 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#3 ThomasSimpson

ThomasSimpson
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

You've picked out some of your best pictures, but I know there's even more to come. I look forward to seeing Corraile continue to grow here on Simtropolis!
United Kingdom of Cattala - Where Imperialism meets the Mediterranean.
See it now, here on Simtropolis, at the AIN, and here in the forums.

#4 TekindusT

TekindusT
  • "Zurückbleiben, bitte!"
  • LocationRubí, Catalonia, Spain // Berlin-Neukölln, Germany
Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

I'll pay an special attention this time! The second shot is truly impressive!

#5 Evillions

Evillions
Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

Nice work Kevin! This is what I call improvement!

#6 Forthwall

Forthwall
  • Forthwall
  • LocationSan Jose, California
Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

Amazing work, now that your here it a real party :P :party:

Things to go things to come.

#7 the00guvna

the00guvna

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Glad to see Corraille is back! I really liked the old one, too.

Have no fear...The00guvna is here!

Posted Image

Posted Image

My CJ's name has changed...again...

Visit Akadia!
A 4 ★★★★ CJ!

#8 kccl35

kccl35
Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:34 AM

Posted Image

Vivydu29 - Thanks! Stay tuned for more then :)
Thomaskrules - Thanks, Thomas :D
TekindusT - Thanks so much! :)
Evillions - Yep, I agree :)
Mastof - Heheh, party?
The00guvna - Thanks! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image
Whew, what a long flight. Crossing the pacific was so boring, even with all the in-flight entertainment onboard. But I'm here, after a long, 16-hour flight from Sydney, to begin a new life, and a new job, in Corraile.

Posted Image
Immigration took a while... The queues were horrendous. Jumbo jet after jumbo jet came from everywhere, from Timbuktu to London, and the passengers were spilling over everywhere. Took about 2 hours to get my passport stamped, my bag retrieved and to get a taxi.

Posted Image
I was headed for the downtown offices of Glaxtonbury Enterprises, which I was working for in Sydney before I was transferred to Centreburg. They had their offices in some 75 storey tower by the Bay of Centreburg in the downtown area. Going there would take a while, even on the highway, which was surprisingly empty today.

Posted Image
The tall towers I saw along the way signified the entry to the downtown area. It was the famous "wall of skyscrapers" that greeted every new entrant to the downtown area. The entire row was packed full of skyscrapers, and immediately behind it was Downtown park.

Posted Image
By the time I got to the offices, the sun had already begun to set (and it was only 5:45pm!). The taxi let me off at the lobby of the Savier Building, that tower of the left with the humongous arrow-shaped thingy on the top. I went in to meet the head of operations in North America to report that I had arrived in one piece and to receive my expatriate's allowances.

#9 NMUSpidey

NMUSpidey
  • Anelosimus Araneae
  • LocationMy Japanese Volcano Lair
Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

Those are some very pretty pictures. I'll try to remember to keep up with you. As for how to start a plot-based cj? I say the best thing to do is to have a plot and enough story prepared to last you more than a few updates. It's very disappointing to get into a story only to have it fizzle just as it starts. Now, as for how to get people to actually read it? I have no idea;)!

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Spidey

PS that's not my EA Origin name up there!

#10 TekindusT

TekindusT
Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

I think you've found exactly the exact Text/Pics ratio to make me (and the rest of viewers) to keep their attention during the entire update; keep it like this!

As for the pics, I hadn't seen a MHW interchange in a long time, and this one is the most espectacular one! Very nice downtown, too!

#11 Bipin

Bipin
  • Bureaucrat

• 1,171 posts
  • ← I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.
  • Locationis irrelevant unless you are some sort of stalker. In that case, drop me a line and we can hook up... ;-)
Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

This is certainly a CJ to follow, you deserve more comments/views as I can see you have put a lot of work into this.
Fidelis et verus,  
bipin2.jpg             10885212315_b5ef70c3ca_t.jpg

#12 nathanthemayor

nathanthemayor
  • LocationFresno,California,USA
Awards

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Is the plane on the runway a replacement for the maxis ones or a prop? Anyways, very nice downtown there!

Click the Links to visit my:
City Journals Dante's Peak *Inactive*,
Paridise Island V2The United Cites *Inactive*
Workshops: BATs *Inactive*, Lots *Inactive*
Show me Your RoadsignsRoadless Cities, or Transit Hubs/Centers!
Other Significant LinksSTEX Uploads, City Journal Fog Tutorial

#13 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Lovely, I love the look of your pictures. Keep pressing on. :)

nybtthread.jpgagthread.jpg

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy -Za

#14 the00guvna

the00guvna

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Very nice downtown area! I like the plot too! :ohyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Akadia!
A 4 ★★★★ CJ!

#15 mrdazza_460

mrdazza_460
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:15 AM

WOW grate, how do you get the "Sharpness" of your pics

#16 kccl35

kccl35
Awards

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:32 AM

Posted Image

NMUSpidey - Thanks for everything! I've got the next five or so updates covered, so don't worry ;)
TekindusT - Thanks :D
Bipin - It took a while to build all of this... Thanks :)
nathanthemayor - It's a prop. The file is SCAG's, probably on the STEX or LEX somewhere...
Aaron Graham - Thanks :)
the00guvna - Thanks too :)
mrdazza_460 - Thanks :) The pictures are originally 1024x768 and since the size has been reduced, the sharpness has been increased :D

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The meeting took hours, and I was finally let off from the building around 8:30. By that time, the sky had turned dark, and the skyline instantly transformed into one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. All the lights on the tower, the sound of the sea pounding the sea wall and the deck had me mesmerised. And even though I was suffering from jet lag, I decided to walk around the area to capture all the beautiful scenery around me.

Posted Image

Nevertheless, I had to check into the hotel by 10. Had a really good sleep in the hotel, and I almost forgot to wake up to go to the office again. It would only be a couple more days before I could sleep in my own home. Well, at least a rented home.

Posted Image

This was the first day I had ever commuted in Centreburg. Before leaving the hotel, I had to find out how to go back to the Savier Building, and I wanted to take the public transport to work to experience first hand life in Corraile. Lucky for me, there was a direct bus there. On the way, I had to pass by the Parliament Building near downtown.

Posted Image

...and the large indoor hall in town. I could't remember the name though, although I could see that it was also a concert venue.

#17 Benedict

Benedict
  • benedictST
Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

Stunning update!

Xjdt73L.jpg

#18 NMUSpidey

NMUSpidey
  • Anelosimus Araneae
  • LocationMy Japanese Volcano Lair
Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

Very pretty new update. That's one lucky guy to get transferred there!

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Spidey

PS that's not my EA Origin name up there!

#19 zahrul3

zahrul3
  • LocationThe land of Djentlemen

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

Stunning update!*

*skyline!

Posted Image

#20 TekindusT

TekindusT
Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:54 AM

Brilliant mosaic and great job overall! It is incredible to see how the Madison Square Arena building fits fine in almost all big cities I've in the CJ section/forum.

#21 kccl35

kccl35
Awards

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Posted Image

Benedict - Thanks :D You're doing a great job with your top 10 :)
NMUSpidey - Thanks as well! :)
zahrul3 - Haha Thanks :D
TekindusT - Thanks :) The Madison Square garden building is a nice building on its own, let alone a downtown!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Knocking off time! Just before I left the office, I received a set of keys, which would be the for the house I was to live in. It was in the neighbouring area of South Rhodes, and apparently it was already furnished, decked out and ready for me to live in. I set off for a new home.

Posted Image
The fastest way was to take the commuter rail, the MetroRail, from the Bradley Jonson Terminus to the north of the downtown district. To get there, I had to walk past the Downtown Park, smack in the middle of the city. It had a really nice lake.

Posted Image
Not before long, I reached the Wall, and eventually, the terminus. I almost couldn't resist the urge to stay in the park for a little while longer. The lake, the birds, the sounds of nature and kids running around almost coerced me to stay in the park and wait a while more.

Posted Image
A mere 15 minute ride by train was all I needed to reach the station in South Rhodes, where I alighted and had a brief look at the map, so that I would know where to go and how to get to my house. Even though there was a taxi stand where I could just hail a cab and take a ride home, I decided to explore the place by foot and walk home.

Posted Image
There it was, No. 29 Westchester Boulevard. The simple 2-storey house was flanked with large trees at the back and by the side, and the street it lay on also had plenty of mature pines, okas and conifers. This was it. I was home.

#22 TekindusT

TekindusT
Awards

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

Splendid suburbs, you've made a district that I think that all we're here we'd like to live in! Keep it up!

#23 TowerDude

TowerDude
  • Hell No!
  • LocationBasel / Nancy / Hong Kong
Awards

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:23 AM

Wowowowow !!! :boggle: :boggle:

Those suburbs are stunning, and the downtown and park is great

#24 supremec

supremec

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:32 AM

Superb, I love your suburb :thumb:

#25 ThomasSimpson

ThomasSimpson
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
Awards

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hmm. I really like the update, but I don't remember seeing it before. Is this new?
United Kingdom of Cattala - Where Imperialism meets the Mediterranean.
See it now, here on Simtropolis, at the AIN, and here in the forums.

#26 the00guvna

the00guvna

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

Wow! Everything in here is done so well!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit Akadia!
A 4 ★★★★ CJ!

#27 Pipcard

Pipcard
  • LocationMikutopia

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image

Great looking building!

#28 StreetxROBLOX

StreetxROBLOX
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Wow wow wow wow. I love the suburbs, downtown area and the park! It's just amazing! Great work!!

#29 ZeThomahawk

ZeThomahawk

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

I really like how you've been able to utilize so many different building styles and make them all act so well together. Great job!

I'm curious, is the under-highway set seen in the first mosaic available for download anywhere?

#30 kccl35

kccl35
Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:05 AM

Posted Image

TekindusT - Thanks! There're some houses on sale, you know :D
TowerDude - Thanks :)
supermec - Thanks :)
Thomaskrules - Well it WAS new stuff... :D
the00guvna - Thanks :)
Pipcard - Thanks! :) That building is in the STEX somewhere, can't remember what it is though...
StreetxROBLOX - Thanks :)
ZeThomashawk - It's the SFBT Urban Highway Set, found here :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Today was a rainy day in Centreburg. The sky was stormy and the rain kept on coming down relentlessly. Everybody ducked for cover under buildings and shelters, looking for a refuge from the cold rain.

Posted Image
Fortunately for me, though, I was enjoying my time in the little suburbs that surrounded the city. Being the weekend, I had a little time to myself, and took a "whistle-stop tour" on the commuter trains. Ravengrove was one of the first which interested me, and i decided to do a little shopping here.

Posted Image
Bayen Gulf also had a really nice shopping street. The coffee at one of their local cafes was really fantastic, and I had a good time just watching people pass by, busy with their own activities.

Posted Image
Not before long, i reached Maplesport. Located on the northern side of the Gulf of Centreburg, it was home to a cruise ship terminal, that was rather busy. Also, it had a beautiful waterfront, and all sorts of little kiosks and shops had sprung up along the boardwalk, selling all their little wares, as well as food and drink. By the time i was finished with the place, the sun had already begun to set, and I left for home.

Posted Image
By the time I left Maplesport, the lights had all come on, and the city's nightlife had begun. Reluctantly, I left for home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users