• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo
- - - - -

The STEX Hall of Fame

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 STEX Features

STEX Features

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

Welcome to the STEX Hall of Fame.

If you've been to the STEX today, you might have noticed something a little different. There's a nice looking upload pinned right at the top of the listings, with a green featured tag stuck on it. So, what's this all about then?

From today onward, the site staff will be sifting through both the front and very back pages of the STEX in an attempt to discover a wide variety of uploads we consider to be among the best of the best.

Two of these uploads, one brand new, and one a little older, will be 'featured' each week. When an upload is featured, as you may have already noticed, it is pinned to the top of the listings for its allocated time (usually 3 or 4 days) and is bestowed with the green featured tag. It will also appear on the homepage.

Once featured, an upload will also be given a place here in the STEX Hall of Fame for all to see.

Collectively, the staff will be responsible for the selection of these featured uploads (for now). We will endeavour to feature as wide a variety of uploads as possible. You can expect that BAT's, lots, game mods, maps and even items from Cities XL, both old and new, will all eventually be featured in the coming weeks and months. Additionally, older uploads that we feel are a little under-rated or under-exposed, the forgotten gems of the STEX so to speak, may be given preference to older, yet still well known uploads.

Remember though, as with most things of this nature on Simtropolis, petitioning or asking a member of the staff to feature your upload will only guarantee that it won't be.

So, without further delay... I present to you...

#2 STEX Features

STEX Features

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

The STEX Hall of Fame

1. Canadian Broadcasting Centre by Spa
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 05th of September, 2008
Inducted: 21st of March, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: A fine example of what can be achieved with absolute attention to detail.

2. Paeng's Monument Park by Paeng
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 14th of March, 2011
Inducted: 24th of March, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Lotting at its absolute best.

3. Victorian Style El Rail Station by Morifari
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 14th of March, 2005
Inducted: 28th of March, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Perfect combination of excellent BAT and Fantastic LOT.

4. Uniform Street Lighting Mod by Kodlovag
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 1st of March, 2011
Inducted: 1st of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Significantly improving a feature that has hardly been modded before.

5. God Terraforming in Mayor Mode by Warrior
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 19th of July, 2008
Inducted: 4th of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: This is Gem is an essential item for anyone's terraforming tool box.
All the important God Mode terraforming tools conveniently located 24/7 in your Mayor Mode menu... no more three fingered salutes! Yay!

6. Roundabout Underground Parking by Murimk
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 15th of March, 2011
Inducted: 7th of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: This lot is an excellent example of one that enhances the illusion of 3D by showing below ground infrastructure.

7. American Four Square v2 by Homefryes
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 8th of May, 2006
Inducted: 13th of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: They are very authentic and varied, and fill out your neighborhoods nicely.

8. SimPeg Agricultural Mod (SPAM) by Pegprod
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 13th of April, 2011
Inducted: 14th April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Green Acres is the place to be, Farm livin' is the life for me, Land spreadin' out so far and wide, Keep Manhattan, just gimme...SimPeg Agricultural Modd!!

9. Marrast's Embankment Set by Salut221 on behalf of Marrast
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 18th of August, 2006
Inducted: 18th of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: One of the earliest embankment sets and still one of the best.

10. 425 Lexngton Avenue by PBGV103
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 7th of April, 2011
Inducted: 21st of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: There aren't very many Postmodern BATs on the STEX and even fewer of this quality.

11. HK Arch 1 by Bixel
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 28th of March, 2006
Inducted: 26th of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: A truly fantastic recreation of an unusual piece of architecture.

12. Farngaten 18 Orthogonal and Diagonal W2W by Glenni
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 27th of April, 2011
Inducted: 29th of April, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: A great little BAT with some beautiful detailing.

13. SMP Yellow Pause Thingy Remover by TheQuiltedLlama
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 20th of September, 2007
Inducted: 3rd of May, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: This mod is awesome because it makes making awesome CJ images awesomer! Oh yeah, and it is also Hotdogs certified.. so yeah like I said... it is awesome!

14. Landfill Plop by FANTA1990
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 16th of April, 2011
Inducted: 7th of May, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Sometimes the simple ideas are good ideas. This file is one of those files, that could be easily overlooked... or considered too simple, however on closer inspection the download comes with a number of cleverly made different lots to make landfills of various shapes and sizes. With a little imagination, these landfills can actually bring a whole new meaning to the term 'eye-candy'.

15. Meandering Bike Paths by 6459978.
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 19th of July, 2005
Inducted: 11th of May, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: They are well textured, so generic and random looking, and sufficiently worn as to look realistic.

16. Kamienica Bydgoszcz Gdanska 101 by abstynent
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 30th of April, 2011
Inducted: 19th of May, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Nicely detailed W2W buildings, that brings character to the model with unique features and excellent texturing.

17. MAPP Modular Amusement Park Pack by Aldara6166
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 1st of January, 2007
Inducted: 24th of May, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: A vast collection of modular amusement park rides, stalls, rollercoasters and more. Make sure you download the full set though, from here, here and here.

18. Bridges of Shoreline County by d_j_p1
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 7th of May, 2007
Inducted: 29th of May, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Plugins that add variety to pedestrian overpasses are rare, and these ones look perfect.

19. BLam Blank by onlyplace4
An STEX Gem...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 13th of April, 2007
Inducted: 1st of June, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: This is one of the gems of the STEX because, it allows those of us who have not yet aspired to the dizzying heights of batting, yet still want to create a unique lot in lot editor, without the constraints of needing a visible building model, the ability to do so. More than one custom content creator, will have started out using this simple yet helpful little file.

20. SHK Tropical Fire Station by shokthrpy
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 26th of May, 2011
Inducted: 6th of June, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: Making an entry to the world of Simcity custom content, is not always easy, however this creator has shown that he is willing to learn, seek and ask for advice and apply that advice, before rushing to the upload button. This BAT, just his third, continues to demonstrate a very high standard of work and innovation, which includes advanced modding skill, such as timed props to add life to an otherwise static lot. When he couldn't find a suitable fire truck... to suit his needs, he 'simply' set forth and made his own. The SC community is ready and waiting for more!

21. New World Trade Center by Nycc06
A Brand New Upload...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uploaded: 11th of September, 2011
Inducted: 11th of September, 2011
Why this upload was chosen: It is a truly beautiful, carefully crafted recreation of the new World Trade Center complex. A project that has spanned over 2 years, Nycc06 is a very dedicated and hard working BATer, and the hard work has paid off with such an extraordinary outcome. An extremely fitting tribute to the victims of 9/11.

Edited by STEX Features, 11 September 2011 - 08:09 AM.

#3 nathanthemayor

nathanthemayor
  • LocationCalifornia
Awards

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Great work spa!Can't wait to see what other uploads make it!

Click the links below to visit my:
City Journals Dante's Peak,
Paridise Island (v2), The United Cites *All CJs are now inactive*
Workshops: BATs *Inactive*, Lots *Inactive*
Show me Your RoadsignsRoadless Cities, or Transit Hubs/Centers!
Other Significant LinksSTEX Uploads, City Journal Fog Tutorial

#4 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Congrats Spa!!! Can't wait to see more STEX Hall of Fame uploads.:party:

nybtthread.jpgagthread.jpg

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy -Za

#5 Samness

Samness
  • LocationThe epitome of hell (AKA Phoenix, Arizona)

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

This will be useful to me for finding cool things to add to my game. I'll be checking the STEX much more often now.

"All Samness, all the Time."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Math? No. I do not believe in math, and I don't think we should encourage it." --Miss Alabama, 2011

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer." --Victor Borge

Have you visited Phoenix, Arizona lately? No? Well, I can help you fix that.

#6 tonyr

tonyr

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

Excellent new feature.I'll be checking this out!

#7 SimHoTToDDy

SimHoTToDDy
  • LocationNew Jersey
Awards

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:58 AM

Oh, I like this! There are many nuggets of gold to be had in the deep dark mine shafts of the STEX. :thumb:

#8 hittwice99

hittwice99
  • LocationBay of Plenty, New Zealand

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:05 AM

What a great way to recognise the outstanding uploads to the STEX over the years.

Posted Image

Need some assistance? Send me a PM

My STEX Uploads | My Lot Thread
The Dependencies List

“There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them.” - Tom Krause

#9 madhatter106

madhatter106
  • LocationHollywoodland
Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

Indeed, this is a nice addition to the STEX.
I do hope that the Hall of Fame is archived in some form - is there going to be a button or something where these can be accessed and sorted so that one can peruse the Hall of Fame exclusively?

Posted Image
GOOD TEXTURES ARE MADE, NOT FOUND.

(I get tired of saying that in BAT threads.)

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp
"I believe in talking behind peoples' backs. That way, they hear it more than once." - Fran Lebowitz
"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley
"No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer.' " - Dani Bunten Berry

#10 Hamish

Hamish
  • Administrator
  • Simtrop Enthusiast

• 4,994 posts
  • Ham-Is-In-A-Can
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:07 AM

They will all be archived in here if thats what you mean. Just follow the links from this thread onto the STEX to download.
Im not sure if there will be a button on the STEX though, to take you to just HOF uploads, but the STEX is still in development, and so is the HOF, we'll just wait and see what dirk can do :P

Posted Image.........................................Posted Image

My Bat Thread ..................................My STEX Files

#11 Slashback

Slashback
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:32 AM

This is a brilliant idea, I'm looking forward to see a lot of great stuff that I wouldn't have noticed if they wasn't Hall of Fame inductees!

#12 madhatter106

madhatter106
  • LocationHollywoodland
Awards

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

They will all be archived in here if thats what you mean. Just follow the links from this thread onto the STEX to download.
Im not sure if there will be a button on the STEX though, to take you to just HOF uploads, but the STEX is still in development, and so is the HOF, we'll just wait and see what dirk can do :P

Suppose I am new to the site, or a returning visitor, and I want to browse the Hall of Fame entries. Apart from being "archived here" in this thread, there should be some button or place to click (perhaps underneath the current entry) that says "view other/all Hall of Fame entries," or a place somewhere on the STEX that could pull those submissions and generate a list (similar to looking at all the content of a single user or uploader).

Imagine having to scroll through pages and pages and pages of this thread just to peruse the Hall of Fame - think of how long and unwieldy it would get even after a whole year. There should be some button or link or something provided so that one could take a leisurely stroll through the Hall of Fame and look at all the gold nuggets...

Posted Image
GOOD TEXTURES ARE MADE, NOT FOUND.

(I get tired of saying that in BAT threads.)

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp
"I believe in talking behind peoples' backs. That way, they hear it more than once." - Fran Lebowitz
"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley
"No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer.' " - Dani Bunten Berry

#13 STEX Features

STEX Features

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

Please congratulate our newest inductee, for his Monument Park, Paeng!

Posted Image

#14 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Huzzah!

The lotters shoot!

The lotters score!

Gotta love the lotters!

Huzzah!

#15 Nilo7

Nilo7
  • Chief of Staff

• 2,088 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Awards

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

Huzzah!

The lotters shoot!

The lotters score!

Gotta love the lotters!

Huzzah!

*air high-five*

Congrats to Spa and Paeng....you guys couldn't have possibly been left out of this list! Posted Image

DCMetro34 --> B-more4 --> Nilo7

Changing Automata Textures: An SC4 Tutorial

Everybody is a genius..

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. --Jimi Hendrix

Είμαι Ελληνίκα και είμαι ευτυχής με αυτό

Tomorrow's News - a fresh take on the news

#16 STEX Features

STEX Features

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

We have a new inductee to congratulate!

Please welcome Morifari with the upload Victorian Style El Rail Station!

Posted Image

At the moment we are having just a few issues on the STEX, so the upload can not be "featured" at this time. It is however pinned and will be at the top of the STEX page, however, it is not appearing on the home page, we are trying to get this sorted out.

#17 Cleaner475

Cleaner475
Awards

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

This is a great idea! I did wonder what the pinned item was at the top :) Congrats Morifari :)

Richard
My STEX Projects: Cleaner's Creation Center vvvvvv My CJ's: Valencia (coming soon) | Espra |

#18 nathanthemayor

nathanthemayor
  • LocationCalifornia
Awards

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Yes congrats to all winners!You worked hard for it!

#19 STEX Features

STEX Features

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

We have another new inductee. The Uniform Street Light Mod!

Posted Image

#20 Slashback

Slashback
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

The inductees keep reminding me about how good an idea the STEX Hall of Fame is...

Edited by ImVhOzzi, 01 April 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#21 nathanthemayor

nathanthemayor
  • LocationCalifornia
Awards

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Yes, great idea!Congrats all!

#22 hittwice99

hittwice99
  • LocationBay of Plenty, New Zealand

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

Congratulations, some great inductees so far!

Posted Image

Need some assistance? Send me a PM

My STEX Uploads | My Lot Thread
The Dependencies List

“There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them.” - Tom Krause

#23 Cleaner475

Cleaner475
Awards

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

Congratulations, another worthy winner :)

The inductees keep reminding me about how good an idea the STEX Hall of Fame is...

Personally I would prefer seeing new stuff on the homepage and the STEX Hall of Fame inductee being top when you go on the STEX.

New stuff pictured on the homepage would attract me to the STEX more thsn older items plus it used to be such an honour to get an upload on the front page and always guranteed you'd get more comments and downloads, its kind of made it less special :cry:

Regards,
Richard
My STEX Projects: Cleaner's Creation Center vvvvvv My CJ's: Valencia (coming soon) | Espra |

#24 Cockatoo

Cockatoo
  • LocationQueensland
Awards

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

^ The point of featuring the gems is to remind people (especially newer users, who may have never even seen them before) of the amazing stuff of years gone by that still lurks around in the back pages of the STEX. It also helps to keep a part of ST's history alive and relevant.

Anyway, only for three days a week will there be an older upload on the front page, the other four will be dedicated to a really good new upload. Yes, with the new system, it is a bit harder to get your upload to the front page, but if you do get it there, it's even more prestigious. The new system also guarantees that we'll never have to deal with spam or garbage on the front page again. :yes:

#25 STEX Features

STEX Features

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

We have another new inductee... please congratulate Warrior and check out his God Terraforming in Mayor Mode mod.

Posted Image

#26 Cleaner475

Cleaner475
Awards

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

Congrats Warrior, especially as this is a mod I use all the time :)

Regards,
Richard

#27 nathanthemayor

nathanthemayor
  • LocationCalifornia
Awards

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

Yes, congrats! That upload is very useful to me.

#28 STEX Features

STEX Features

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Congrats to Murmik! Make sure you check out his latest upload, Roundabout Underground Parking.

Posted Image

#29 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

I like this game... it's fun! Posted Image

#30 Cleaner475

Cleaner475
Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:24 AM

Yay! Second time in a row that one of the pieces of CC I use is in the STEX HOF, congrats murmik, very well deserved :)

Regards,
Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users