• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  
Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Show us your... roadsigns!!!

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#481 timmie

timmie
  • Court Official

• 2,123 posts
  • LocationOverijse, Belgium
Awards

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Well... look what I have here! It's my first attempt at making a roadsign.

tlhe.png

Second attempt:

kn14.png

#482 godrock24

godrock24

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

I-75I-85SouthatI-20_zps8648caa8.png

#483 godrock24

godrock24

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

VMS1_zps8366cb18.png

I-201SouthExit1-APannel2_zps4c21ee07.pngI-201NorthExit4-AApl_zpsed01d573.pngI-201SouthExit1-AApl_zpsb09421c8.png

VMS2_zps64a93241.png

#484 Linoa06

Linoa06
  • LocationKöln ..
Awards

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Refering to my Cities in Motion Tamriel Project (you can find a road map here or on page 34 of the map thread)

Motorway signs (always using a blue backdrop; destinations that are reached using motorways are shown on a blue backdrop). It is customary to name highways with a A name, but also with their name (historical or not : for instance the A82 is the Transniben Turnpike). Distance is always in km; Cyrodiil doesn't use Imperial units.

rect8024.png

sign1.png

B-Roads (Federal Network) are roads of national and local importance, that are not up to Motorway standards. Unlike England, both networks are fairly consistent on their own. B-Road signs are yellow; destinations reachable by trunk roads are also shown on yellow on other signs. Here is a junction sign on B78 (which is in the German/Argonian speaking part of Cyrodiil - the reason why German represents Argonian is to reflect possible linguistic trends across Cyrodiil and to highlights the dissociation between any real-life culture and the TES universe. Oh, yes, I'm a linguist. :) )

rect7651.png

C-Roads are local roads. They are named per Land/Province, and within each the first digit refers to a specific Prefecture (for instance, C113 can refer to a road in the Cropsford Prefecture, but also in the Applewatch Prefecture) but most of the time they are left unsigned. There are also D categories (managed on a county basis, so the administrative division under Prefecture) and U roads, which stand for Unsigned. There are also special F roads, which are forest treks carrying vehicular traffic, and W roads, which are alternative disruption routes; all these routes are shown on a white backdrop.

rect7904.png

City entry signs are typically German ;) they are always on a yellow backdrop. The signs will feature the town's name, as well as the county it is part of (or the Local Authority, for rural counties, District, for counties in the Prefectures of Aleshire, Westside or Molesey, or Free Independant City, for those consolidated city-county entities.) They also feature the name of the Prefecture, but not that of the Province. They may or may not also be signed with the number of the road they are placed on. Here are Leadworth (typical sign), Cropsford (not signed), and Border Watch (bilingual, as it is in Regierungsbezirk Dunkelforst). (Note how Border Watch's sign only features one rectangle, a specific norm of the Lower Nibenay)

rect8221.png

rect8271.png

rect8233.png

"The Enrichment Center warns you that the Companion Cube does not speak. In the event that the Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disreguard its advice."

Traebia - New CJ! Be sure to feed me back :D

CiM Exchange -- the best CiM related fansite around :D

#485 Markus J

Markus J
  • LocationRiverside County

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Here are just a few

7an3.png

:P

#486 ThirtyThree

ThirtyThree
  • S P Morenos, Big Geoff Inc.
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

From my CJ...

highwaysigns_zps0624b724.jpg

unorthodoxcjii_zps9b4de175.jpg

Click the bridge to visit my CJ!

-ThirtyThree, writer of both the former Unorthodox CJ, which took #27 in Ben's Top One Hundred +2 for 2013, and the current Unorthodox CJ II.

#487 RenoEdits

RenoEdits

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

I'd like to use this one for the Miami Region I downloaded from the STEX. Hopefully, I can get a feel for using gmax/SC4 BAT.

6gjtrc.jpg

#488 TekindusT

TekindusT
  • "Zurückbleiben, bitte!"
  • LocationRubí, Catalonia, Spain // Berlin-Neukölln, Germany
Awards

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:23 AM

It definately looks cool! I like the font and the tropical feel it brings with that uncommon hue of green. Very nice.

#489 Googlefluff

Googlefluff
  • LocationKelowna, Canada

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Before I came across this thread, I had never heard the term 'roadgeek' before. I've spent my entire life not knowing there was actually a term for it and other people like me! I just downloaded Inkscape and I'm going to make a few signs right now. I'll come back and post them by the end of the day to see if they're any good :D

EDIT: Here they are:

13944454394_291f6a12e4_o.png

There isn't a lot of information on them since these are just two random city names I came up with on the fly (just got a new PC and don't have any decent cities in-game yet). I might take some real life signs and convert them but meh. I really enjoyed making these and definitely want to make some more. I'd love to put these in-game but I honestly have no clue how. Maybe someday if I get around to it.

So what do you guys think?

Edited by Googlefluff, 19 April 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#490 Sabretooth78

Sabretooth78
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Here are some that I created for my CJ:

County Routes (US MUTCD Standard):

004-07_CR.png

State Routes (1-2 and 3 digit; my creation):

004-08_SR2.png     004-09_SR3.png

Federal Routes (1-2 and 3 digit; based on the US interstate shield):

004-10_FR2.png     004-11_FR3.png

And finally National Highway Routes (basically an Interstate/motorway) (1-2 and 3 digit; my creation):

004-12_NH2.png     004-13_NH3.png

#491 MandelSoft

MandelSoft
  • 0xBADB57F1
  • LocationZoetermeer, the Netherlands
Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

Before I came across this thread, I had never heard the term 'roadgeek' before. I've spent my entire life not knowing there was actually a term for it and other people like me! I just downloaded Inkscape and I'm going to make a few signs right now. I'll come back and post them by the end of the day to see if they're any good :D

EDIT: Here they are:
<SNIP>
There isn't a lot of information on them since these are just two random city names I came up with on the fly (just got a new PC and don't have any decent cities in-game yet). I might take some real life signs and convert them but meh. I really enjoyed making these and definitely want to make some more. I'd love to put these in-game but I honestly have no clue how. Maybe someday if I get around to it.

So what do you guys think?

For a first attempt with InkScape, this is pretty good work. A few tips:

- The arrows on the gantry signs look somehow not in the style of the rest of the arrows. I'd suggest to make them more fat or use other arrow styles altogether.
- I'd suggest to use a more desaturated shade of red.

Read the Readme or drown in bugs and glitches, the choice is yours...

My (mostly) transit BATs and Mods
Visit my CJ, Schellingen-Stadt!

ms_signature_animated_00.gif.gif

#492 Googlefluff

Googlefluff
  • LocationKelowna, Canada

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

How's this?

13930200752_f175151085_o.png

You're definitely right about the arrows. These look a lot better.

My main region (Koher Soteto) is coming along so I might come back in a few days with some more complex signs.

#493 Durfsurn

Durfsurn
  • The Origin? No, this is the root of all evil }:]
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

My first attempt at Adobe Illustrator. A modified version of Melbourne's route signage. 

-btw the thumbnails didn't update so click on the actual pics

-feel free to use them but remember to credit me ;)

#494 TheCjm1999

TheCjm1999
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

Attached File  Destinations Bong Bong Interchange.png   14.11KB   1 downloads Attached File  Cattlan.png   10.96KB   0 downloads Attached File  Leppington Hwy.png   13.34KB   0 downloads

These are my very first attempts of roadsigns for my cities. :P I made them in 2012.

#495 nathanthemayor

nathanthemayor
  • LocationFresno, California
Awards

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Ever since I retired my CJ, I have been inactive in making signs. However, I recreated a sign from my hometown of Fresno to reflect future highway chances(Such as the extension of CA-180 as a highway to I-5 and the conversion of CA-99 to I-7) and similar to Mandelsoft's style GIMPed it onto the real-life sign to see what it could look like in the future:

streetview1.png

Maybe in the near future I may make some more from the Fresno area.....

Click the links below to visit my:
City Journals Dante's Peak,
Paridise Island (v2), The United Cites *All CJs are Inactive as of June 2014*
Workshops: BATs *Inactive*, Lots *Inactive*
Show me Your RoadsignsRoadless Cities, or Transit Hubs/Centers!
Other Significant LinksSTEX Uploads, City Journal Fog Tutorial

#496 Simcitymaster13

Simcitymaster13
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Made some highway road signs for a few of my cities in my region of the Commonwealth of Bretilla. I used Inkscape to make these signs.

Delford_Road_Sign.png

Delford_Road_Sign2.png

Tollway_Sign.png

Metro_tollway_sign.png

UAMC_Sign.png

The Modern Day Man

#497 Liszak

Liszak

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

I just tried to recreate some romanian motorway sign...here's the first try.

cernavoda.jpg

And also the signs marking start and end of a settlement.

cazanesti.jpg

And here are a slightly remastered czech and austrian signs. Which are better in your opinion?

ced.jpg

sterreich.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users