• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo
- - - - -

Remembering 9/11, 10th anniversary

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 halo1dragon

halo1dragon

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:20 AM

Wow its Almost the 10th Anniversary of september 11th

Attached File  01sc4vd7.jpg   47.7KB   42 downloads

Construction Site:

Attached File  112px-OneWTCAug16.jpg   4.83KB   40 downloads

Tribute in Light:

Attached File  800px-Wtc-2004-memorial.jpg   77.08KB   24 downloads

United Airlines flight 175 Collides with tower 2

Attached File  111wtcreutersitaly.jpg   16.37KB   14 downloads

Edited by halo1dragon, 26 August 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#2 TowerDude

TowerDude
  • Hell No!
  • LocationBasel / Nancy / Hong Kong
Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:29 AM

To be honest I don't think it will ever be forgotten, I saw footage of it and it was so horrifying that it will surely for ever be remembered as one of the most horrible days in this century

#3 Nilo7

Nilo7
  • Chief of Staff

• 2,088 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD
Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

This is one of my favorite Tribute in Light pictures: www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/tribute_in_light_new_york_city-normal.jpg

DCMetro34 --> B-more4 --> Nilo7

Changing Automata Textures: An SC4 Tutorial

Everybody is a genius..

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. --Jimi Hendrix

Είμαι Ελληνίκα και είμαι ευτυχής με αυτό

Tomorrow's News - a fresh take on the news

#4 nate1245

nate1245
  • LocationRockford, Illinois

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

I was in fourth Grade when 9/11 happened, and I remember coming home from school that day and seeing on tv all the footage, and the sad videos and pictures. Watching it on tv now..today still feels like it just happened yesterday! This will never be forgotten, and those people who lost their lives will never be forgotten.

#5 sten1700

sten1700

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:55 AM

I'm planning on making a 9/11 city journal, using screenshots of my recreated Manhattan using amazing photoshop effects. But I'm not sure... I think it could be kinda offensive for some people. And I don't want that to happen. With the photoshop effects I can show how horrible that day really was, and that we should never forget. But I have to be sure it's okay, before doing something like this. What do you think? Yes or no.

(sorry if my English is bad)

#6 GuerrilaWarfare

GuerrilaWarfare
  • LocationQueens, New York City
Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:56 AM

Even though I am happy that you, Halo1dragon, didn't do something stupid, and for once actually you've said something that is actually quite nice, NYBT forums isn't the best place to do it, unless you're primarily just concerned about the world trade center, since there were other attacks following the World Trade Center on that same day, but thank you very much for this I actually did witness the World Trade Center falling down in person, i was a little kid though so my memory of that day is a bit rough, but i doubt anyone wants to hear my story since it's rather boring

#7 Paulobergonci

Paulobergonci
  • LocationBrazil
Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:40 AM

i still remember that day, i was 10 and i saw a building on fire on tv, and then i turned off the tv :I

btw, where can i get the WTC in the first picture up there?

#8 halo1dragon

halo1dragon

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

pauloblergonci: from rubik3 on the stex

#9 Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper
  • LocationNow Here
Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:50 AM

It's good to see people are still caring about this. Such a sad day, terrible loss of life and great architecture.

#10 Gnarologist

Gnarologist

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

Actually, since NYBT is at this point the go to spot for all things new york on ST, I'd say this is an appropriate spot.

Its amazing how 9/11 still refuses to start fading in our memories. Its always just as vivid as it was on 9/11/2001. How long will it take? 10 years? 20 years? Will this day be vividly remembered for the rest of our lifetimes?

Very few days have had such a large impact on culture, politics, and the atmosphere of the world in general. 9/11 definetely ushered in a new era

#11 LivingInThePast

LivingInThePast
  • It's That Guy Who's Been Here Since '05

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

There's already a thread about this.

Check out the Disease Research Center Mod, a simple essential! For the Advanced Research Center, too!

#12 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

Yes, we will never forget about this.

nybtthread.jpgagthread.jpg

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy -Za

#13 maikeli.1

maikeli.1
  • Locationbrisbane Australia

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

I on 9/11/2001 i was in third grade in Brisbane and when i watched the terror unfold on the television i said "that is horrendous" i just looked in horror at these 110 story buildings burning and i nearly fainted

#14 GYEvan

GYEvan

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:53 AM

I think... (sorry; at first) we can't blame all Islamic people in the world. They are being betrayed by their own friends who had become the Terrorist. Talking too much about Islamic people for me, Asian people is rude, knowing I stand & live between Islamic people (and that's the truth). The issue about Al-Quran's text about us, Christian & Zionist or Jewish or Israeli are perfect liar. I even never agree about that issue.

#15 halo1dragon

halo1dragon

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

another anniversary of september 11 2001 is close

#16 halo1dragon

halo1dragon

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

wow another year of 9/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users