• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  
Photo
- - - - -

[Mod]No more boxes (cars)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Sniper296

Sniper296
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

CXL mod I made that increases the distance cars and people are visible:
STEX link

Fed up of boxes for cars, Grey silhouettes for people & empty roads when you zoom out?

Here is your solution, Cars are now visible as a car on the four nearest zoom levels and people are visible as people on the 3 nearest zoom levels!

Tested and works with 1.1.0.457, not tested but should work with ALL graphics levels.
If your game barely runs on Very Low this mod may slow your game more.

Will not work with graphics levels mods e.g. GlobexCo's Super-High Graphic Settings.

#2 kingBosko15

kingBosko15

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

wow nice job =) i ganna try it out

the city will look much better now

#3 GlobexCo

GlobexCo
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Awards

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

As I said in the STEX comment... you could at least give me credits, since you used the same files, the same idea and your mod is not compatible with mine...

Anyway, porting this side of my mod also for other quality settings is a good work!

my website:
www.victorfleur.com

#4 Sniper296

Sniper296

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:00 AM

I can give you credit for the idea but I did not copy your file, it took me 3 hours of trial and error to get the right settings.

#5 GlobexCo

GlobexCo
  • LocationTurin, Italy
Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:14 AM

Thanks. That's enough. 

my website:
www.victorfleur.com

#6 Jesse Swiss

Jesse Swiss
  • LocationRiderville, Saskatchewan
Awards

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

nice, definetly a necessity

#7 OcramSeattle

OcramSeattle
  • LocationGreater Seattle Area

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Thank you so very much! I really wanted this and I know that other people wanted this as well.

EDIT: I have a GT8500 also but I do not always check to see if it works. I can do that tonight.

"Always do your best and you will always be better than the best in my eyes."--found on the Internet, modified by me.
"Words are words, explanations are explanations, but only performances matter."--forwarded from email, unmodified
"Ocram's Razor: Everything Ocram posts is as long winded and complex as possible, also prone to self disclosure. Opposite of Occam's Razor."--Paraphrased and reformatted by me

The above quotes describe my philosophy and the below links should help you when I don't.
The best place for Cities XL info is at The Cities XL Wiki!
Problems with Cities XL? Go to Cities XL Technical Issues or XLNation.net
Problems with SimCity 4? Go to SimCity 4 Technical Issues but no sections with CXL in their titles.
Want to learn more about game-play or other things not in the FAQ's of the above forums? Go to The Simtropolis Omnibus of Knowledge.
Please don't post confused threads in the wrong place.

#8 Atomos

Atomos

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

By me it works when the city is not big... Whit my city's expansion and growing of traffic density, cars are again starting to be grey boxes... It's because my weak graphic card? I have NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT.

#9 OcramSeattle

OcramSeattle
  • LocationGreater Seattle Area

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

It worked wonderfully on my computer with Cities XL (2009) but I am afraid to test it on Cities XL 2011. Does it work on Cities XL 2011?

"Always do your best and you will always be better than the best in my eyes."--found on the Internet, modified by me.
"Words are words, explanations are explanations, but only performances matter."--forwarded from email, unmodified
"Ocram's Razor: Everything Ocram posts is as long winded and complex as possible, also prone to self disclosure. Opposite of Occam's Razor."--Paraphrased and reformatted by me

The above quotes describe my philosophy and the below links should help you when I don't.
The best place for Cities XL info is at The Cities XL Wiki!
Problems with Cities XL? Go to Cities XL Technical Issues or XLNation.net
Problems with SimCity 4? Go to SimCity 4 Technical Issues but no sections with CXL in their titles.
Want to learn more about game-play or other things not in the FAQ's of the above forums? Go to The Simtropolis Omnibus of Knowledge.
Please don't post confused threads in the wrong place.

#10 City Planner

City Planner
  • Traijan
  • LocationCheck your mom's basement!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:12 AM

Can you tell me what to change in the mod that will reduce the people viewing to only the first 1 zoom level?  I'm thinking that I don't care about the people walking around my city and would like to reduce any performance that they might be utilizing by reducing the visibility of the people to only the first zoom level, or maybe even better, only to when I am on the very ground level of the game.  Is there something I can change in your mod files to accomodate that?  I've opened them up but I'm not experienced yet in CXL modding so I'm not seeing what would stick out to me as being what needs to be changed to get people only visible when the player is on the very lowest level, down on the ground walking around the city.

Thanks,

When you're tired of games of destruction - Visit www.citybuildergames.com for games of construction.

#11 Sniper296

Sniper296

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

Originally posted by: Ilikeseattle
It worked wonderfully on my computer with Cities XL (2009) but I am afraid to test it on Cities XL 2011. Does it work on Cities XL 2011?

I don't know if it will work with 2011 but if the structure of the games files is the same it should, and testing it should not harm the games installation, but back up your saves and mods to be sure.

#12 cm39

cm39
  • Sophomore

• 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

It work, but i don't know why, when i use the mod, the trees (and the other things) on the plazas disappears when i come to the closest view.

#13 City Planner

City Planner
  • Traijan
  • LocationCheck your mom's basement!

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

Originally posted by: Sniper296
Originally posted by: Ilikeseattle

I don't know if it will work with 2011 but if the structure of the games files is the same it should, and testing it should not harm the games installation, but back up your saves and mods to be sure.

Yes, it works fine with Cities XL 2011.  Honestly, without it, I would not likely to play XL11 as the gray boxes are the hugest immersion breaking thing in the game.  With this mod, the game feels very natural looking with all the cars moving around.

So yes, it works fine in Cities XL 2011.
When you're tired of games of destruction - Visit www.citybuildergames.com for games of construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users