• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  
Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Aaron Graham's NYBT Residential Thread

nybt r$ r$$$ apartments condos residential r$$ low income w2w
1914 replies to this topic

#61 mightygoose

mightygoose
Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:13 AM

those stairs need railings son.

#62 Amthaak

Amthaak
  • Kobaïa
  • LocationFRANCE
Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

Hum!! you really become a master in texturing. Your East view is particullary brilliant, with the ciment deterioration on the left side and the weathering traces! Excellent work! Can't wait for nitelites!!! 

#63 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

mightygoose- I'm going to put somr rails on it.

Amthaak
- I have downloaded the acmebrick tool and install it but it will not start up. Do you know what the problem is??

nybtthread.jpgagthread.jpg

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy -Za

#64 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hey everyone, I have somthing sad to say, I will not be bating for a while, my motherboard on my desktop has died on me, thats why my computer has been cuting off and stuff. so I'm so sorry about what happen to my computer, hopefully can finish them before the year ends or the beginning of next year. I feel like crying, I have work so darn hard on those bats and this is what I get, It's not fare, so unfare, But I will continue to vist this site everyday like I mostly do sense I have a netbook computer.

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy -Za

#65 madhatter106

madhatter106
  • LocationHollywoodland
Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Was it the motherboard, or do you just need to replace the CMOS battery? I had that happen last month, where I thought I needed a whole new desktop; turns out all I needed to do was walk down the street to Battery Hut and spend six bucks to get a replacement....

Posted Image
GOOD TEXTURES ARE MADE, NOT FOUND.

(I get tired of saying that in BAT threads.)

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp
"I believe in talking behind peoples' backs. That way, they hear it more than once." - Fran Lebowitz
"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley
"No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer.' " - Dani Bunten Berry

#66 WillG_75

WillG_75

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

madhatter is right. Sounds like it's almost definitely your CMOS battery dying. It's the small round object on your motherboard (looks kinda like a coin in case you didn't know). I had the same issue about a year ago.

#67 bixel

bixel
  • Clerk of Red Tape

• 2,641 posts
Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

those buildings look hot!
I love coffee and buildings.
You can find more info about me here > http://nbixel.tumblr.com/

#68 madhatter106

madhatter106
  • LocationHollywoodland
Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

Originally posted by: WillG_75
madhatter is right. Sounds like it's almost definitely your CMOS battery dying. It's the small round object on your motherboard (looks kinda like a coin in case you didn't know). I had the same issue about a year ago.

One good indicator, too, is if your date/time is offset or lagging behind or strangely inaccurate.  I had my computer trying to tell me it was New Year's Eve 2002 when my CMOS battery started to go...

Posted Image
GOOD TEXTURES ARE MADE, NOT FOUND.

(I get tired of saying that in BAT threads.)

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp
"I believe in talking behind peoples' backs. That way, they hear it more than once." - Fran Lebowitz
"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley
"No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer.' " - Dani Bunten Berry

#69 Karma Fiend

Karma Fiend

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Buildings are lookin good. I like the progress pics cuz they show how to approach re-creating a building.

I need to learn how to do this stuff because so much of the stuff I want in my cities isn't on STEX.

Keeping with the NYC theme, I want buildings that look like the ones you're making, except burned-out versions like south bronx 70's-80's

http://www.southbx.c...nthal_small.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot...onx_3_small.jpg

or some buildings like these for the rundown suburb areas:

http://www.internati...2006//1228b.jpg

http://static.howstu...an-sprawl-2.jpg

#70 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

bixel- Thank you!!!

Karma Fiend- Thank you!!! and thanks for the pictures. Yes, in the 70's and 80's the drugs and the was really bad in Bronx and in Harlem, those pictures you show me remindes me of World Word 2 and I would love it if you could learn more about bating, because I do need someone to help me out in the field of bating for NYBT.

madhatter106 and WillG_75-

I hope you guys are right, I do know what you are talking about, the coin shaped object yes I have seen it when I have opened my desktop tower to see what's wrong, and I hope that it's mostly that. I took my computer some to computer shop in town to see what's was wrong with it and he guys that work there said I had to get a new motherboard and it will cost about $200.00 plus $75.00 for labor and I'm like wow!!!! I don't have that type of money and another thing he said is that I can just get a new box and he will add more ram and I will have two hard drives it will be a windows 7 for only the cost $200.00 and still I'm saying to my self I don't have any money what so ever. So what you do you guys think???

Me personally I like to have a windows 7 and more ram and more hard dive space because that's what I need and want it.

#71 PBGV103

PBGV103
  • LocationBlacksburg, VA
Awards

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

Well do whatever you feel comfortable doing, just remember that having more than 4Gb of ram with gmax won't help you since gmax is 32bit software. I think there's a 1.5Gb cap on how much gmax can use anyway. If you plan on using 3ds max at any point I'd say get windows 7 64bit with an i7 cpu, preferably quad core or hex core, at least 8Gb of DDR3 ECC ram that's 1332MHz or faster with a CL of 8 or lower, and the best graphics card you can get. The graphics card should have an absolute minimum of 512Mb of DDR5, ideally 1Gb or more. Twin gpu's with crossfire is great too. A solid state drive is also a great idea since you can only render as fast as your drives can write. Also, remember cooling, since a system like this puts out a ton of heat and renders can take many hours. But this is all in an ideal computer for rendering and things get expensive quickly. All the stuff I've listed would easily cost $5000+

#72 Amthaak

Amthaak
  • Kobaïa
  • LocationFRANCE
Awards

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hi Aaron! I personnally run 3dsmax 2010 with a PC based on:
mother board: INTEL desktop board DG55WB
RAM memory: 4 Go DDRAM3 1333 Mhz
Processor: Intel socket 1156 Core i3 530
Video card: MSI N250GTS  1G
Cost me last july around 750 euro! But I'm sure that, the equivalent in the states is more cheapper!
BTW: With your skills, you 'll reach the gmax limits, and it's time to think to move to max...

#73 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

PBGV103 and Amthaak-  wish I could work my way to get a much much better computer, I like to have up to 8 GB RAM, because I have a game that I have purchase from Best Buy the name of the game is Empire Total War and I have Sims 2 and Sims 3 games for the Empire Total War games it demands a lot, the graphics is something on this game and I do not want it to run slow but I have manage to play the game on someone elses computer. About 3ds max I do not have a e-mail address ending in .edu and i 'm not in school now so working on 3ds max will be impossible for me, but I have downloaded and use it and made a few buildings just to learn more about it.

I don't know if I'm suppose to do this but heres a video on what I'm up against. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know

Click here

#74 Parisian

Parisian
  • LocationParis, France
Awards

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

Hey Mr Aaron Graham.

First, I would like to wish u a merry Christmas 2010. Hope you re spending time with your family...
Second, congratulations for your Trixie award "Most Improver". You really deserve it. Your BATs are a guarantee of quality, esthetic and they are usefull.

Wish u the best for 2011, and another great time together in this adventure.

Parisian

#75 Seraf

Seraf
  • LocationWroclaw, PL
Awards

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

Congratulations on your Trixie Aaron! And Merry Christmas ^^

"Is it not cruel to let our city die by degrees, stripped of all her proud monuments, until there will be nothing left of all her history and beauty to inspire our children? If they are not inspired by the past of our city, where will they find the strength to fight for her future? Americans care about their past, but for short term gain they ignore it and tear down everything that matters. Maybe… this is the time to take a stand, to reverse the tide, so that we won't all end up in a uniform world of steel and glass boxes." - Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

#76 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Thank you Parisian and Seraf and congrat on your trixie Award on The Team that Never sleeps.

#77 gio10469

gio10469
  • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Congrats on your Trixie!

#78 Francis90b

Francis90b
Awards

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Congrats for your trixies Aaron!
I took a look at your last BATs, and they're very good!

#79 B-more4

B-more4
  • "It's 'Ellada' or 'Hellas', not 'Greece'. Thank you very much :-)" --Terring
Awards

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

I guess I'll follow the crowd of "Congrats Aaron!"

Very well deserved, your apartmens are some of the best out there.

DC 

DCMetro34 --> B-more4

Changing Automata Textures: An SC4 Tutorial

Everybody is a genius..

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. --Jimi Hendrix

Είμαι Ελληνίδα και είμαι ευτυχής με αυτό

Tomorrow's News - a fresh take on the news

#80 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

gio10469, Francis90b and DCMetro34- Thank you so much.

Well, guys it looks like im back, It's not the best pc but it will work. I have a 64 bit 4gb RAM processor is 1.6 GHz Dual Core, it runs faster that the last computer and I'm happy.

Hear some pictures to brighten your mines, I have not really done anything right now.

I going to wait a while on finishing the bain bridge Row bat because I will be forced to re-bat the bottom part of the bat that will make it slope friendly. A lot of my suff is on my old hard drive and I have order something online that can make my internal hard drive in my old and dead pc work like an external hard drive, onece I get it I will be very happy. I am so glad to be part of NYBT once again.

#81 T Wrecks

T Wrecks
Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

And I'm glad to see you posting once again! Guess I'm not the only one, too.

Life's just a process of delamination, Stripping your hopes - dissecting them gently.

I've opened my heart - and to my consternation, when I peered inside, it was small, dark and empty.

#82 Amthaak

Amthaak
  • Kobaïa
  • LocationFRANCE
Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

T Wrecks: You guess right, you are not the only one...!

#83 Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper
  • LocationNow Here
Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:37 AM

Great to see you back Aaron! It's good to see some of these projects alive and well. Can't wait for more.

#84 Jasoncw

Jasoncw
  • STEX Moderator
  • Simtrop Fanatic

• 8,478 posts
  • LocationDetroit, US
Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

I ought to pay more attention to the slope friendliness of my BATs.

Congrats on your Trixies.

#85 Aaron Graham

Aaron Graham
  • LocationAaron City
Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

T Wrecks, Amthaak,and Sgt Pepper- You guys are not the only one that are glad for me to be back, I'm really happy I'm back to bating again.

Jasoncw-  Thanks you too. We all should do some slope friendly, not on all bats of course, some I think would not look right with it.

Kingsbridge Apartments

Here are some textures for my bat it still need some work, I not happy with the pent house roof so I'm on how to fix that. I hope you like the bricks I think you guys I do still thing they need some more work. This will be a slope friendly lot, I hope when it's time to mod it I hope you guys are here to help me out. The East view something is wrong the wall textures looks smudged.

Here a google map look of the apartments.
Click

South

East

Update

Does anyone know why my textures are smudged on my buildings? I remember that PBGV103 said at GMax gets some errors in 64 bit computers is this one of them, I never had this problem can someone help me out here.

#86 Jasoncw

Jasoncw
  • STEX Moderator
  • Simtrop Fanatic

• 8,478 posts
  • LocationDetroit, US
Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

If you mean the way the texture is stretched funny on the white wall with all of the windows on it, you need to put a uvw map there. You might have applied a uvw map, converted it to an editable polygon, and the moved some verticies or something. But anyway I think a new uvw map would fix that, if that's what you're talking about.

#87 gio10469

gio10469
  • LocationBronx, NY

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Wow great to see you back in business! Everything is coming along nicely. Glad to hear that you were able to get a new computer and soon will be able to grab your old files.

#88 BIWDC

BIWDC
  • City Slicker

• 842 posts
  • LocationAsheville N.C.
Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Nice work on the Buildings & also Congrats on the trixie.
Check out My files by typing: Biwdc in the stex search.
Check out My sc4 Site here:Biwdc Lot's Inc.(Sim City 4 Stuff)

& New forums Here:http://biwdcforums.com
Check out My Web Server Here:Biwdc Lot's Inc. Web Server,Biwdc Forums PHPBB
Useful links:Get Your Maxis Files Here! -Mac-P.C,Sc4 Devotion Maxis Files -P.C
Registration issues at SimCity.ea.com no problem,just get the maxis files from the above links. :}

#89 PBGV103

PBGV103
  • LocationBlacksburg, VA
Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

looks like a UVW map issue to me

#90 T Wrecks

T Wrecks
Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

The brick looks great to me, except for the ground floor - but that's probably a placeholder anyway. Are the windows final? I think you should try using a more varied texture there, pretty much like Jason did with most of his buildings. Right now it's pretty obvious that there's a gradient from top to bottom behind the windows.

Life's just a process of delamination, Stripping your hopes - dissecting them gently.

I've opened my heart - and to my consternation, when I peered inside, it was small, dark and empty.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nybt, r$, r$$$, apartments, condos, residential, r$$, low income, w2w

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

shinkansen1