• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  
Photo
- - - - -

The Chess Association of Simtropolis

• Please log in to reply
1260 replies to this topic

#31 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

"Command - Tactical!"

"Command here.  Go ahead."

"He is playing hard-ball Sir!  He has counter struck at sector d4 with that wild eyed Capt. Sarah Jacobs... but there is more Sir..."

"Continue.."

"The Captain is not really a Captain at all...   she is...  she is... "

"Spit it out man!"

"The Queen...  it's General Astronelson's bit on the side! "

"Pointy hat with bobbles on top and a wild look in her eye?"

"Yes Sir.   That's her."

"Very well.  She is a fiesty one from what I hear.  Reinforce the infantry unit at sector d5.  Advance the Bishop and tell him to say his prayers"

"Yes Sir!  - Tactical out."

From somewhere in the halls of the dead there came the sound of the fallen e file infantry unit complaining loudly to those that had arrived earlier...

"Well we never got any back up...  left out in the middle of the battle field ...  all aloneeeee... with nooo oneeee here besideeeee meeeee....     but oooh nooooo, not the oh so precious d file unit...  at the mere whiff of danger they get a full Bishop class unit to protect them!   It is just not fair..."

The Imperial Forces Black, dark diagonal Bishop looked over at the whining infantry unit and said just one word... 
"Shaddup!"

10. Qxd4 Be6

#32 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:46 AM

Originally posted by: astronelson
General Astronelson hummed "Waterloo" as he waited for incoming news from the front.

#33 astronelson

astronelson
  • (0,0,0,0)
  • LocationOut of this world.
Awards

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

General Astronelson considered the positions of his infantry. While sector c3 was already defended by Captain Jacobs, it might be a good idea to place more protection. Captain Jacobs was not going to sit arround forever. She was liable to keep moving around, wreaking havoc upon the opposition. He picked up the phone.

"Sector c1? Advance to sector b2."

Astronelson vs Abcvs
11. Bb2

To search for the ideal city today is useless. For all cities are different. Each one has its own spirit, its own problems, and its own pattern of life. As long as the city lives, these aspects continue to change. Thus to look for the ideal city is not only a waste of time but may be seriously detrimental. In fact, the concept is obsolete; there is no such thing.

-Steen Eiler Rasmussen, 1898-1990, quote taken from the SimCity 2000 User Manual.

#34 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

Meanwhile in a secret location of Simtropolis only acessible by those who have proven themselves worthy of honour, and the ability to post high quality PNGs,  another battle was about to commence.

Of course the fact that the Imerial Black Forces Commander in Chief, hastily saved the screen shot in JPEG format, will only serve to antagonise the white forces... which may or may not be a good thing.   Time will tell.

(Ammendum:  Black has actually played the Centre Counter, not the Queen's Gambit)

Anyway where were we...  oh yes...  I remember...

The Black Imerial Forces Commander in Chief surveyed the battle field...   he checked his field map using the latest virtual battlefield  technology War Paint.

The Commander sent out an aerial reconaissance unit to view the battle field from the opposing forces point of view...   he looked across to the Simcity Discs...   
"No time for that..."    he muttered under his breath.

He sat back and stroked his chin.   He chewed his lower lip.  He came to a decision.

"Tactical - Command!"

"Command - Tatical, orders Sir?"

"Advance infantry.   Sector c5."

"Yes Sir - infantry to c5.  Tactical out."

The Commander updated the virtual battle field on War Paint and ordered another coffee.   Very strong, very black.

Meanwhile in another sector of the command centre other battles for Middle Earth were taking place...  

The Queen, was in the parlor...  playing LOTR - The Two Towers.   With her personal bodyguard, Ambassador Prince Wizard Schonheit, in attendance.  
Naturally the unfolded laundry, can wait.

Back in the Halls of the Dead the black e file infantry unit was still moaning...

"Never stood a chance we did...   cut down like lambs to the slaughter..."

The Black dark diagonal Bishop, White Knight, White d&e infantry units all responded in unison,

"Shaddup!"

11. Bb2 c5

#35 astronelson

astronelson
  • (0,0,0,0)
Awards

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

Captain Jacobs was slightly concerned. While she had started her revenge, it was of no use if the person who had ordered the attack on their forces was still at large.

She phoned General Astronelson.

"Sir, Gen. Abcvs has advanced infantry to sector c5. Permission to remove myself from direct attack?"
"Permission granted, captain. I reccommend sector e5."
"Roger Wilco, General."

Astronelson vs Abcvs
12. Qe5

To search for the ideal city today is useless. For all cities are different. Each one has its own spirit, its own problems, and its own pattern of life. As long as the city lives, these aspects continue to change. Thus to look for the ideal city is not only a waste of time but may be seriously detrimental. In fact, the concept is obsolete; there is no such thing.

-Steen Eiler Rasmussen, 1898-1990, quote taken from the SimCity 2000 User Manual.

#36 SimHoTToDDy

SimHoTToDDy
  • LocationNew Jersey
Awards

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

What ho! What demonry is this? Looking from the present into the past with such clarity (though, not as clear as a png If I do say so myself)...

Witchcraft I say!!! Burn them!!!

#37 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:43 AM

The Black Imerial Commander, mouth twitched, not exactly a smile and not exactly a smirk but more of a smil-irk.   He held the latest field report in his hand.   Queens might be powerful but they also need protection and places to go powder their noses and eat their bread and honey.

He mused to himself...

"I wonder if Queen Sarah likes to dance..."

"Tactical - Command! ... Advance the Calvary to c6"

12. Qe5 Nc6

#38 Duke87

Duke87
  • Simtrop Connoisseur

• 28,223 posts
  • LocationNew York City
Awards

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

Okay, there is altogether too much ABA in this thread.

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.
If you can read this, you deserve a cookie.

#39 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

Originally posted by: Duke87
Okay, there is altogether too much ABA in this thread.

Well it is just as well then, that I am currently unable to access or see certain imbedded content from a certain website at a certain location.   So during the evening hours of Eastern Standard Time, you are safe from the evils of "ABA" ...  however once all you lot go to bed and I commence my evening...  where I can access and view content from a certain website...   then I am afraid to say it...  but quite frankly you are all doomed!    

DOOMED!   I say!  

Muh ha ha ha ha ha! 

#40 astronelson

astronelson
  • (0,0,0,0)
Awards

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:59 AM

Captain Jacobs had to run. She had been pursued constantly since she started her revenge attacks.

"General Astronelson!"
"Sarah? Are you moving to sector h5?"
"Yes, sir!"
"Good. Be careful."
"Yes, sir."

Astronelson vs. Abcvs
13. Qh5

#41 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:39 AM

The Black Imperial Commander sent a message to Queen Onyxia Blazen Heart.    It was time.

Queen Onyxia Blaze Heart pulled on her tight black boots, laced her black leather camo battle dress and stepped her way along the dark diagonal path from her home sector of d8 to take up her new position at f6.

There was no fear in her eyes...  rather a malevonent look in the general direction of the White Queen Sarah, for the moment  frozen, lest she offer her pale bossom up to the forces of the Black Imperial Forces. 

13. Qh5  Qf6

#42 bluemoose

bluemoose
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:49 AM

Too much ABBA? i say its not possible!
hmm, nice thread, good game, ABBA, everything needed for a party!

Check Out My CJ!
Posted Image

#43 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

Originally posted by: bluemoose
Too much ABBA? i say its not possible! hmm, nice thread, good game, ABBA, everything needed for a party!

Would adding an animated disco ball be going too far?

#44 bluemoose

bluemoose
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

maybe just throw in girls jumping out of cake
Check Out My CJ!
Posted Image

#45 astronelson

astronelson
  • (0,0,0,0)
Awards

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

"General Astronelson! I'll need backup! General Abcvs has advanced Onyxia Blaze Heart to sector f6."
"Backup is on the way, Sarah. Expect infantry behind you at any moment."

Astronelson vs Abcvs
14. h4

#46 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

The Black Forces Imperial Commander studied his field map on War Paint.

Select, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, click and drag... the field map was updated.

"Tactical - Command"

"Command - Tactical - Orders Sir?"

"Re-deploy Calvary unit at sector c6 to sector e7."

"Calvary c6-e7, wilco. Out."

14. h4 Ne7

#47 astronelson

astronelson
  • (0,0,0,0)
Awards

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:19 AM

General Astronelson didn't like sending good men into harm's way, but sometimes there was no other option. Seargent Lewis had to advance to sector g5. Onyxia Blaze Heart was becoming too noticable a presence on the battlefield. There was no choice.

"Seargent... sector g5."
There was a short pause, and, softly and slowly, came the reply, "Yes, sir."

Astronelson vs. Abcvs
15. Ng5

#48 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

"Command - Tactical!"

"Command here, go ahead Tactical."

"Immediate threat to central command bunker detected at sector H7!  Sir, you are in immenent mortal danger!"

"Very well.  Understood.  Standby."

The Black Imperial Forces Commander weighed his options.   While the centre of the battle field was well covered there was an immediate and terminal threat to himself from the right flank.    It needed to be dealt with swiftly and decisively.

"Tactical - neutalize threat at sector g5.   Secure sector h7.  Send in the Calvary!   Command out."

The Black Forces Imperial Commander muttered something to himself about wanting to turn someone into a flat white...   however that would have to wait for another time.

He took a long slug of his triple shot black espresso, and crumpled the hot cup in his black leathered gauntlet.

15. Ng5  Nxg5

#49 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

...about wanting to turn someone into a flat white...  

Queen Sarah (Mongo) Jacobs may have looked cute or even tasty for a nibble, from a distance but close up to the Black Imperial Forces walls she was a formidible sight indeed.   In fact she was looking decidedly frosted...  certainaly within range to lob her gum drop grenades over the walls.

shrek2.jpg image by Filliusfog123

The opposing side however had a secret weapon...  and they knew science...  

Milk + Steam = Soggy Queen Mongo

More steam!  Less froth!

#50 astronelson

astronelson
  • (0,0,0,0)
Awards

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

The H infantry division saw its chance. A cavalry division had just been defeated by opposition cavalry, and it was in there for the taking. A quick call to HQ gave them permission to attack.

Astronelson vs. Abcvs
16. hxg5

#51 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Queen Onyxia Blazen Heart, wasted no time...  she already had her orders...   and she was ready...

Within 19 minutes...  which is actually pretty darn fast for internet chess she moved to her new postition.

Again she looked in the direction of Queen Sarah Jacobs...

She addressed Queen Sarah Jacobs directly...

"You looking for trouble Girlfriend?"

16. hxg5 Qg6

#52 astronelson

astronelson
  • (0,0,0,0)
Awards

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

Sarah looked at Onyxia. It was tempting, but there was no point. She still had a job to do.
"Not today, love!" she called out, as she ran back to sector h4.

Astronelson vs Abcvs
17. Qh4

#53 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:53 PM

The Black Imperial Forces Commander looked long and hard at the battlefield.    There were a number of options available.   As much as he would have liked to continue the harassment of Queen Sarah Jacobs, it was time to resist petty distractions and continue with the battle plan.

"Tactical - Command; Bishop to sector f5!"

17. Qh4 Bf5

#54 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:43 AM

I have made some alternative chess boards.   The colours are from the standard Paint 6.0 pallet.
This will make it easier to identify games in the thread if we get more than one going at the same time.

I have also added these new boards to the first post, so we can easily find the chess board setup once we have moved on from this page.

The main thing is to save them as PNGs as JPGs will make the edges bleed and then you can't use the colour filler to edit the board.

How to edit the board:

1. Save image to desktop or other folder.
2. Open with Paint
3. Edit the board using, rectangle select, then ctrl-C (copy), or ctrl-X (cut) and ctrl-V (paste).   You can also rectangle select and click and drag the piece to the new square.
4. Use the colour filler to fix any gaps or background square changes.  Alternatively use rectangle select on an empty square to copy a 'patch' and then ctrl-V and click and drag it over the square where the white space was left.   What method you use will depend if the piece is moving to a different coloured square or not.   If a like piece is taking a like piece then all you need to do is use the black or white colour filler and change the colour of the piece on that particular square.
5. Save the edited image back to your desktop or other folder.
6. Upload the image to your photobucket or imageshack account.
7. Insert the image into your post.

Please use either standard algerbric notation or otherwise clearly say which piece is moving to which square.

For example:

1. e5

Or

Pawn e2 moves to e4

Team Wood

Team Blue

Team Green

Anyone else up for a game...?   Grab a board and make a move... once you have an opponent...  then game on. 
(Story not required. )

The boards also work well for PM chess if you would prefer not to play publicly.

#55 Follarch

Follarch
  • LocationKent, Wa, USA
Awards

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:41 AM

Chess? Ha, I love chess! Mind if I get the next game?

I'm the 'A' to the 'r', to the c-h-e-a-n,
and even though my name means 'old' I'm really quite pimp,
I'm Archilicious.
- - -
Hi! I'm Mike, the creator of Folland. You can find her in the Forums or the CJ Section.
Folland is also a part of the United Sovereign Nations of the World, a Simcity4 Union!

#56 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:10 AM

Originally posted by: Archean
Chess? Ha, I love chess! Mind if I get the next game?

Sure... pick a board... any board... make a move.

#57 Dirktator

Dirktator
  • Dirk_Simtropolis
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Awards

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

I'll have a game with someone!

I made this!

bzt.gif  

#58 Craig-Abcvs

Craig-Abcvs
  • LocationNew Zealand
Awards

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

Archean vs "The Dirktator"...

Archean...  don't be shy I promise dirk wont ban you if you whup his butt.

#59 Dirktator

Dirktator
  • Dirk_Simtropolis
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Awards

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Ah, the game is afoot...

*shakes Archean's hand*

I made this!

bzt.gif  

#60 Follarch

Follarch
  • LocationKent, Wa, USA
Awards

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

*Shakes dirk's hand in return*

Well, I never thought I would play a game with the webmaster himself! This will be a memory worth remembering!

Alright now, in what seems like the common style of this thread, I shall bring in a military officer from my CJ!

Introducing Brigadier General Vauban of the Follomer 1st Special Operations.

For the opening move of this battle of wits, I (Vauban) shall send in the infantry.

PawnC7 to C5

I'm the 'A' to the 'r', to the c-h-e-a-n,
and even though my name means 'old' I'm really quite pimp,
I'm Archilicious.
- - -
Hi! I'm Mike, the creator of Folland. You can find her in the Forums or the CJ Section.
Folland is also a part of the United Sovereign Nations of the World, a Simcity4 Union!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users