• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Interview with Simmaster07

MOTM_inbox

When did you join Simtropolis?

Some time in April 2007.

Why did you join Simtropolis?

Well, I was on the Maxis site for SC4 and I was going through a list of fansites. Simtropolis was the first one listed, so naturally, it was the first one I visited. It looked interesting, had some cool content, so I joined.

Did you ever expect to win the MOTM?

Not initially, but after making the bot, people were telling me how I was almost guaranteed to win an MOTM or trixie.

Why did you think you were nominated for the MOTM?

Most likely for making the bot. Servo needs friends (or enemies) too!

Will winning the MOTM inspire you to do more for the community?

Yes, and I'm already working with a few other people to make a DLL that SC4 can recognize.

What do you do outside of Sim City 4 and Simtropolis in your free time?

Hanging out with friends, PHP/C++ programming, and watching TV.

What are your favorite Simtropolis moments?

There's the 2008 chat attendance record breaker when ilikehotdogsalot got frozen by too many moderators to count. There was also that time a few months ago late at night (1 AM EDT) with a few... unfortunate typos. And lastly, there's the chat attendance record breaker we had this year when pagenotfound tried to get himself frozen like hotdogs.

Do you have a job?

I'm only 13 (*SHOCK*), so child labor laws don't allow me to have one.

If you were stuck on a deserted island with one Simtropolis member, who would it be?

This is a tough one. Probably blue lightning, we could talk about C++ and DLLs and come up with funny sounding acronyms like "DRiLL."

What has been your main contributions to the site?

There's the chatbot (which is what allowed me to win this MOTM), and there's also a DLL that SC4 can run, but it just loads and unloads before the game starts. Like I said, I'm working with some other ST members to get a DLL the game can actually recognize.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

Well, I just found a thread about saving SC4 regions to a networked folder, and now here I am working on an Internet-based multiplayer region.

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.