• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Interview with N_O_Body, Founder of the Moose Factory

gggg

I would like to introduce you to a great man that owns one of ST's several landmarks, "The Moose Factory!"

Hello N_O_Body. It's a pleasure to have you here, I'll pay for the drinks!

Anyway, let's start

Tell us what the "Moose Factory" actually is?

The Moose Factory is actually an extended chat in the guise of a virtual bar and grill. It is a place where the elite meet to virtually eat, drink, and make Mary.

Where did you get the Idea for the Moose Factory?

Actually, I started this on the simcity.com thread, but the site became moribund, so I moved it here. The idea came from my well-fertilized imagination.

Are you surprised by the success of your establishment?

In your opinion, what is the main reason behind this?

People like to chat in an off-line situation. We all just pass the bovine bucolic product about and jive with each other. No pressure, just chat.

Sensitive topics are sometimes discussed at the Moose Factory.

Which one do you think is the touchiest one?

The one that caused the strongest reaction amongst your guests.

The one that makes you react promptly.

Well, politics is always good, but we try to keep it civilized. Kidding the little wiggler zmveliger about Quebec separation is interesting. He is very bright and patient.

Who are your favorite visitors?

In this kind of business, you can't play favourites. People come and go.

I understand that the Moose Factory autosystem is kind of a robot. Is that right?

And is it related to R2D2?[3.gif]

The autosystem is now in its fourth generation. It was developed from the first robotic system created by The Terminator when he quit as waiter without notice. We had to cope. The present system used Quantum Transposition (QT) to pass things around, and is telepathic, so that ordering can be automatic by thinking about what you would like. It is programmed to keep minors away from things they shouldn't have.

Trixies!!!

The main reason for this Interview.

You got one, for the Most Engaging Off-Topic

What did you feel, were you surprised?

Yes. I wasn't doing anything to try and merit one. Just make the board a little more fun.

How about a few words to the member(s) that voted for you.

First we need to thank our Producer dirk for running a superb board. And I thank the voters for electing me to this prestigious award. A total surprise.

Enough about that.

Let's talk about you.

Why N_O_Body; as a screen name?

Does it have a story behind it?

Actually, it is my original board name from simcity.com. Just how anonymous would you like to get? I tend of think of Odysseus and the Cyclops as being responsible, so I guess I owe one to Homer, the great Achaean poet.

Tell us a bit about yourself... region... profession... hobbies... etc

I live in Wasaga Beach, Ontario. I am a retired IT professional and professor of IT. Hobbies consist of the Factory, computer games, some recreational programming, fooling with graphics, reading, and just being generally retired.

Tell us about your family, are you married? Do you have any children?

I am married to "The Northern Witch" which is my wife's board name where she is on various boards. She is a supermod on one board dedicated to software. I have two kids, both grown up and away. My daughter lives in Toronto and my son in London, Ontario.

Will the BATer in you make a "come back" one day?

Actually, since the crummy reception I got on the STEX the last time, I am keeping my BAT efforts to myself. Unless I do a particularly interesting thing, it will be that way.

You're offering an amazing selection of drinks; which one is your favorite?

I am diabetic, so I don't drink. However, I do like a good glass of champagne. We had a few bottles of Veuve Cliquot at my wedding, and it has remained a consistent favourite. We try to supply whatever people want to guzzle.

If you had to serve a meal to a very well know personality,

who would it be and what would you serve him/her?

The best meal I know is Chateaubriand Bouquetiere with appetizer of Moules Mariniere. Strawberries Romanoff for dessert followed by a nice tray of soft ripened cheeses with a good old Madeira. The beef should be served sangant with sauce Bordelaise.

Thank you N_O_Body. It was a real pleasure. But now, alas, the interview is over; but, is there anything that you wish to add?

Well, it has been a pleasure talking to you at KSIM, and I wish you well in your endeavors. Bon appetit.

Thanks to Compromise, Mikeaut1, Eastwinn, and Zmveliger for helping put together ths article!

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.