• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Interview with Codythemonkey

MOTM_inbox

Thanks for taking the time and effort to chat with us today, Cody. Src=../../forum/i/expressions/2.gif2.gif

When did you join SimTropolis?

November 23rd, 2004

Why did you join SimTropolis?

Sim City 4, of course. When I bought it I googled a few help guides because I was confused on what to do. But then I came across simtropolis which I found to be an awesome site (especially the chat, very friendly people) and I got the help I needed. Then I found out about the STEX which really attracted me to the game. Very awesome BAT's.

Did you ever expect to win the MOTM?

No, definitely not lol. I check ST's news in the morning real quick before I leave my house to go to school. I actually saw the August 2007 MOTM news but I didn't have time to click the link. So I was very suprised when I came home from school.

Why do you think you were nominated for the MOTM?

Well I'm in the chat room a lot and people see how friendly I am and that I'm a nice person to talk to. I'm sure they missed me last year though (sorry)...I had alot of things on my mind from homework to school to friends..I didn't have time for the computer. Although! Whenever I did have freetime I did go on the site and look at news to see whats going.

Will winning the MOTM inspire you to do more for the community?

Actually yea...I love posting in the picture thread but I don't post a lot....you never know I might post a lot now because now I got the little badge next to my name hehe .

What do you do outside SimCity 4 and SimTropolis in your spare time?

I play my Playstation 3, I go out with my friends, and I get together with my family like a little Barbeque and stuff like that.

What are your favorite SimTropolis moments?

I always look at the news and I click the links to see what their about because I love news..I want up to date on stuff like that especially with sim city societies coming out I check the news on that alot. I also love when admins come into the chat its great to see dirk, skigeek, rybolton, and other admins coming in...its great to see admins talking to people and enjoying the atmosphere in the room. Oh yea and funny conversations with people in the chat where everyone will burst out laughing.

You are one of the few members of SimTropolis who won the MOTM award partically for chatting. What draws you to the ST chat room?

I love talking to people online. Before ST I used to play online games like Red faction on the PC and a few other games online but I loved talking to people around the world. So I saw the chat room and I was so excited to talk to people from Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and other parts of the world. Even the United States. It's very interesting talking to people of different cultures and nationalities.

Do you have a job?

Not now. I'm still a student in high school but I do work for my sister's godfather who is renovating his house and i'm helping him fix things up and he pays me for that . I also help my uncle out and he pays me too but thats on rare occasions though if he needs help and im available.

If you were stuck on a deserted island with one SimTropolis member, who would it be?

Hmmm..who would it be..Boggy1 because he is inspiring, funny, and he's a great guy to talk. I talked to him almost everyday from 2004 even during inactivity..only because I had to do projects and assignments on the computer and we would just have a little conversations . Kinda hard to just choose one...there's many more members that are great to have around and talk to.

What have been your main contributions to the site?

Being a friendly, helpful, and talkative (chat room ) member. Logging on and brightening everyone's smile in the chat room!

Do you have anything else you'd like to share with us?

I'd like to say thanks to the people who nominated for me...you're an awesome community and you'll see me in the chat room maybe now or in a few minutes . Also Congrats to Idiotbox for EOTM too. Well done.

Congratulations on winning the MOTM award, Cody. I'm sure we'll all expect great things to come of you!

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.