• Kevin
    Kevin

Interview with Boggy1

When did you join Simtropolis?

I joined Simtropolis on my 13th birthday; the eighth of July, 2004. Which makes me over three years old! I had actually seen and browsed Simtropolis for a number of weeks beforehand. Thing is, that whole “You Must Be 13 Years Or Old To Join This Website” scared the daylights of me, I thought that if I signed up before I was thirteen, the internet police would get me or something! So I compromised by finally signing up a couple of hours before I had actually been born. I reasoned that they wouldn’t take me to court over such a small detail!

Why did you join Simtropolis?

I believe I was browsing internet sites for Sim City 4 FAQs and Cheats and the like. I stumbled upon Simtropolis while searching for downloadable regions (I was very bad at making cities back then), and I saw the Simtropolis Region created by Dirk, where each tile had about §3 billion.

Did you ever expect to win the MOTM?

Actually some of the members, who shall remain nameless, did give me a couple of clues beforehand that something was about to happen to me. This of course made me excited, but I really never expected it to be winning the MOTM. (In fact I don’t think I really knew what it was).

Why did you think you were nominated for the MOTM?

Obviously because I’m so awesomely awesome. Seriously, I have no clue. According to my MOTM badge, I help members and stick things through the thick and thin, so I guess that must be it!

Will winning the MOTM inspire you to do more for the community?

I would actually love to donate something back to Dirk et all for creating and maintaining such a wonderful website. I hope to in the near future. And of course, I am ready and willing to do anything really that the staff throw at me.

What do you do outside of Sim City 4 and Simtropolis in your free time?

Mainly school. I’ve just started college (for you Americans, that means Grade 11 - different education systems). Apart from school, which takes up a lot of my time, I do a lot of graphic design, though its mainly for fun or because I’m bored. I’m an avid reader too, I sort of consume knowledge. Really, I’m quite a boring person.

What are your favorite Simtropolis moments?

Oh man, there are far too many to count. Everyday usually has a great or hilarious moment. Some of the members do really funny things, be it intentional or not, and there have been a few very sad and touching moments.

Do you have a job?

I’ve done the odd job at my local National Park Authority. Basically it involved doing a lot of GIS computer mapping using a vector and raster base on around a scale of 1cm to 1500cm. Of course that probably means nothing to you, so lets just say it was very tiring and involved sitting at a desk for seven hours doing complicated mouse movements.

If you were stuck on a deserted island with one Simtropolis member, who would it be?

Definitely Gingerblokey. He is my favourite member of all time; I have known him the longest. Our friendship has now even developed outside of the internet, which is awesome. Apart from his, the best person to be stuck on with would be myself, because I know a ton of survival techniques and ways to get rescued including using only some wire, a battery, and a stick.

What has been your main contributions to the site?

Hm, I wouldn’t say I have contributed an awful lot. I would love to though, I just don’t really know what to do. I guess my presence in the chatroom...might..somehow..be a contribution..

Do you have anything else that you would like to share with us?

Just a shout out to all my friends

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.