• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Interview with ___idiotbox

sim1234

When did you join Simtropolis?

I joined Simtropolis on October 3, 2005.

Why did you join Simtropolis?

Eastwinn, my little brother joined and I noticed him on here constantly. Although I didn't play much SC4, I wanted to join for the Sims 2 forums. I was never interested in the Sims 2 BBS on their website so I was excited to be able to help and get help on here.

Did you ever expect to win the MOTM?

Never! I always felt that people who were very active in the STEX and on the City Journal's would win the award. And plus I didn't think so many people knew who I was! Src=../../forum/i/expressions/3.gif3.gif

Why did you think you were nominated for the MOTM?

I think I was nominated for my Sim Diaries "Agrestic" and "Creek Heights". And I am very active on the other Sims 2 forums helping others with problems. Though usually I'm the one that post threads about lost sims and problems with Expansion Packs!

Will winning the MOTM inspire you to do more for the community?

hmm... Outside of the Sims forums, I do linger and lurk in all forums but now I would love to be more active.

The day after you won the MOTM, you became a moderator, were you expecting that?

oh no, not at all! I think I may have screamed when I got that PM.. I was very excited! Src=../../forum/i/expressions/3.gif3.gif I really couldn't believe it because I am young compared to some of the other moderators (no offense! Src=../../forum/i/expressions/3.gif3.gif ) and I would never think they would give a 16 year old some power in such a large site!

What forums do you moderate?

I moderate The Sims2-Open Discussion, Modification and Sim Diaries.

What is your favorite aspect of being a moderator on Simtropolis?

I really enjoy working with such a great group of moderators! I've met some really cool members that I've never talked to before becoming a moderator. Plus they are all hilarious!

What do you do outside of Sim City 4 and Simtropolis in your free time?

I'm going to be a Junior in high school next month so that takes up most of my time Src=../../forum/i/expressions/3.gif3.gif I have three brothers and we do a lot together... play video games, jump our mountain bikes, go to concerts, work on cars and mostly just goof around. And I also love to read and play field hockey.

What are your favorite Simtropolis moments?

hmm... I'm usually in chat and one night 3 pairs of siblings were in chat. Hym and VT, 89 and 91 and Eastwinn and I. It was fun! Src=../../forum/i/expressions/4.gif4.gif

Do you have a job?

Yes. My oldest brother owns a machining shop making after market parts for Volkswagens. I've always liked VW's and it's fun to actually get your hands dirty and make your own parts.

If you were stuck on a deserted island with one Simtropolis member, who would it be?

Probably Cheese91. We have so much in common, sometimes I feel like we were separated at birth Src=../../forum/i/expressions/3.gif3.gif

What has been your main contributions to the site?

My Sim Diaries "Agrestic" and "Creek Heights" and my activity in the other Sims forums.

Do you have anything else that you would like to share with us?

I want to thank you all you guys for voting for me and I am privileged to be part of such an amazing community! Don't believe all these "ST is dying!" theories, it's living strong!! Src=../../forum/i/expressions/44.gif44.gif

Why did you think you were nominated for the EOTM?

Since I was put onto staff back in June, I have really put a lot of effort into learning everything possible about being a moderator. I'm always on ST making sure everything goes smoothly.

You recently made a record of winning the MOTM and being promoted the next day. That was just two months ago. Did you ever expect to win another award so soon?

Haha, no! Not at all! I checked the thread today to see if the member I voted for MOTM won, and there was my name. It was strange, I thought I had achieved everything I could possibly want!

What forums do you moderate?

I moderate The Sims2-Open Discussion, Modification and Sim Diaries.

What is your favorite aspect of being a moderator on Simtropolis?

I really enjoy working with such a great group of moderators! I've met some really cool members that I've never talked to before becoming a moderator. Plus they are all hilarious!

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.