• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • How to Get Wealthy Cities

Chief ZDN

This article was copied from SC4ever.com. This article originally created by Al Leighton.

Is your city full of little shacks and poor citizens? Do all your industries just give low end jobs. Do you want to change this?

The first thing that you have to do to get wealthy citizens and industries is make sure that there is water everywhere. People need water to live right. Then you have to provide educational buildings from elementary schools to college. Make sure that they have good funding and have enough school bus funding. Then you will have to provide healthcare. Once again, make sure that you have enough funding for the hospital itself and ambulance funding too. Also make sure that the area of your city you want to make rich has police and fire coverage, but it is not necessary. Also build parks and trees.

Try this for a while and see if it helps. If it doesn't and people just are still living in shacks, check on air, water and garbage pollution. If either of these is bad, that will reduce desireability. For water pollution, you will have to build a water treatment plant and connect it to your water system. To treat garbage pollution, build a landfill, or sell your garbage. For a landfill, make sure it's not near any area that you want to make nice. For air pollution, you will have to destroy and power plants and dirty industries nearby. As well, if you can, try not to use power lines as they are not very nice.

Once you've done all this, you should see an increase in wealth. But if all this fails, then raise the lower wealth taxes to about 13%. Lower class citizens will still probably stay but you will see wealthy people ($$$) moving in and building mansions and estates. A nice thing to do is set up an area far away from your main city that has all of the above and see if you can't make a nice little suburb. Having wealthy citizens will make your whole city nicer and it will make industries become more wealthy.

Thank you.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.