• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

May donation goal - nearly there! Please help us with a final push!   04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • How to Get Row Houses

Chief ZDN

This article was copied from SC4ever.com. This article originally created by Emma LB and Patrickov.

If you want a row of houses like these images...

rowhouses2.jpg

...then the easiest way to get them without getting bigger buildings, is to zone medium density residential one square across and one to three squares deep. Next to that you zone another square in high density residential, and next to that again one with medium density and so on. Your layout should look something like below image:

rowhouses.jpg

Happy city building!

Row houses could be extremely helpful if you cannot handle your wealthy sims well. I got a problem that wealthy sims tend to be rushing in a residential region when I planned some medium-density lots, but abandoning their luxury houses to medium income sims very soon.

Row houses have two features: They don't overgrow and they don't attract wealthy sims at all (That's good if you are annoyed by those hard-to-please rich people). I tend to build row house zones except for those low-density zones high up the hill and before I can get high-density apartments.

Moreover, they utilize streets well. Several hundred sims can crawl on a street of row houses without clogging the street by adding just 1 bus station.

Thank you.

matias93 likes this

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Topics

• Recent Modding / Content Posts

• Not really. You should take a look at MonoDevelop or Rider.
    • I'm afraid I have a lot of lots in triplicates ! But yes, I always copy before I change (when I write). So it should translate easily into my Reader's management. If I ever get to manage it. But, hey, I did manage to configure it. I think. I will tackle those exemplars tomorrow. I'm mentally exhausted :-) (Expect to have me back here tomorrow, too...)
    • I'm trying to do a sunken stadium. I found the script that switches to the fence shader. So now I've got this:   I used the "cut hole in terrain" tool and now I can see the part under the 11x14 grid. How do I see the rest? I'm hoping there is an easier way than cutting this project into six 11x14 sub-buildings?
    • Just make sure that all "water-pump" or "water-tower" -related properties are present in your building exemplar too. You may also need to add some "OccupantGroups" values as well - again, check the ingame building exemplars (use the Navigator Tool in the reader to find them easily). Don't know which ones are really needed, to make your building a working water source (a "connector"-like thingy should appear in underground "Water" view) - experiment and check. Still, chances are that this won't be working, or working well, ie the game may allow only one utility type to function. However, I would recommend against this, not only this doesn't look "realistic", there are also other problems, like which Budget Item should the expenses booked under? You have selected both, but is this OK? Did you check if you are actually charged twice, for example? And if you sign deals, does the game include the whole or a part of the maintenance cost to determine the cost of your power or water production? etc, etc. The only ingame utility that has a double function, is the W2E plant, and it has only one "Purpose" type. Plus, I know well that while you are charged the maintenance cost only once (correct), it is calculated separately for deals (for both the power and the garbage), so this is the only utility that can actually make money for the city running it, as you are paid for both the power and the garbage, ie it double-charges your neighbors! Not a stellar implementation, even for this ingame building. The game may not be well tuned to handle dual-purpose utilities. After all, water pump don't take up much space, so there isn't much benefit in making a utility like this.
    • I trust your judgment, as your stuff just keeps getting better and better all the time.