• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • How to Get Row Houses

Chief ZDN

This article was copied from SC4ever.com. This article originally created by Emma LB and Patrickov.

If you want a row of houses like these images...

rowhouses2.jpg

...then the easiest way to get them without getting bigger buildings, is to zone medium density residential one square across and one to three squares deep. Next to that you zone another square in high density residential, and next to that again one with medium density and so on. Your layout should look something like below image:

rowhouses.jpg

Happy city building!

Row houses could be extremely helpful if you cannot handle your wealthy sims well. I got a problem that wealthy sims tend to be rushing in a residential region when I planned some medium-density lots, but abandoning their luxury houses to medium income sims very soon.

Row houses have two features: They don't overgrow and they don't attract wealthy sims at all (That's good if you are annoyed by those hard-to-please rich people). I tend to build row house zones except for those low-density zones high up the hill and before I can get high-density apartments.

Moreover, they utilize streets well. Several hundred sims can crawl on a street of row houses without clogging the street by adding just 1 bus station.

Thank you.

matias93 likes this

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Topics

• Recent Modding / Content Posts

• Make the station modular.
    • Working on two draft assets and one map at the moment.
      For the first time I am making a custom theme for the map, but I am stuck with a Theme editor issue. If I start a new theme, I can import a new normal texture only once (either for cliff or sand).
      If I try to change it again later, I get an error message: "Something went wrong while processing textures."
      Before the last DLC the game crashed at this point instead. That's an improvement ;-) I am using 1024x1024 PNG files for the normal textures. Did anybody already have this issue?      
    • I'm currently working on a multi-track train station station to take advantage of the new DLC: It's far from done, but I had a question about size. The model is bigger than the 8x16 max size available, and this model doesn't include the front facade of the building that is another 10x6. It seems to me that using sub-buildings can allow for larger footprints than the default, does that allow for a single building to be bigger than the default maximum? I think I read that if a single building is bigger than the max-footprint, than the part of the model outside the max-footprint is culled? Unrelated, but another question would it would be possible to use the cable-cars as a base to make something like a funicular:    
    • @huzman, Have you tried using a slope mod?  I like this one by Ennedi.  If I remember right, there are like three different slope tolerances, just pick one and play around with the different transportation networks (roads, rails, highways, etc)  Each one will give you different results.  
    • I make a road through a residential area Maxis 1x1 building their chain and after this - put the road.