• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • How to Get Row Houses

Chief ZDN

This article was copied from SC4ever.com. This article originally created by Emma LB and Patrickov.

If you want a row of houses like these images...

rowhouses2.jpg

...then the easiest way to get them without getting bigger buildings, is to zone medium density residential one square across and one to three squares deep. Next to that you zone another square in high density residential, and next to that again one with medium density and so on. Your layout should look something like below image:

rowhouses.jpg

Happy city building!

Row houses could be extremely helpful if you cannot handle your wealthy sims well. I got a problem that wealthy sims tend to be rushing in a residential region when I planned some medium-density lots, but abandoning their luxury houses to medium income sims very soon.

Row houses have two features: They don't overgrow and they don't attract wealthy sims at all (That's good if you are annoyed by those hard-to-please rich people). I tend to build row house zones except for those low-density zones high up the hill and before I can get high-density apartments.

Moreover, they utilize streets well. Several hundred sims can crawl on a street of row houses without clogging the street by adding just 1 bus station.

Thank you.

matias93, 11241036 and Brooklyn81 like this

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.