• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • Residential Wealth Industrial Taxation

Chief ZDN

This article was copied from SC4ever.com. This article originally created by Bernard.

You begin by making a graduated income tax by setting residential $$% higher than $%, and $$$% higher than $$%. Then you do the same thing for commercial. Next, your eyes move down to Industrial.

STOP!

Now think. Low income residents have less education, and will work in dirty or manufacturing industries. The $$$ residents usually have an excellent education, and always prefer high-tech industry.

The result; you will NEVER see a dirty or manufacturing industrial building be more than $$, and high-tech buildings are ALWAYS $$$.

What does this tell you? It means that to tax $$$ industry higher than $ or $$ industry results in less demand for high-tech. If you want high-tech industries, you must lower the $$$ industrial tax. To discourage polluting industries, raise the $ and $$ industrial taxes.

This brings us to another point. If you want to force dirty industry to leave your city forever, raise the $ and $$ to an insanely high number. Just make sure that there is enough high-tech demand to replace most of the other industry, or you will be left with no industry. Also, remember to destroy the abandoned buildings if you have the simoleons, because they still pollute.

Thank you.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Topics

• Recent Modding / Content Posts

• Working on two draft assets and one map at the moment.
      For the first time I am making a custom theme for the map, but I am stuck with a Theme editor issue. If I start a new theme, I can import a new normal texture only once (either for cliff or sand).
      If I try to change it again later, I get an error message: "Something went wrong while processing textures."
      Before the last DLC the game crashed at this point instead. That's an improvement ;-) I am using 1024x1024 PNG files for the normal textures. Did anybody already have this issue?      
    • I'm currently working on a multi-track train station station to take advantage of the new DLC: It's far from done, but I had a question about size. The model is bigger than the 8x16 max size available, and this model doesn't include the front facade of the building that is another 10x6. It seems to me that using sub-buildings can allow for larger footprints than the default, does that allow for a single building to be bigger than the default maximum? I think I read that if a single building is bigger than the max-footprint, than the part of the model outside the max-footprint is culled? Unrelated, but another question would it would be possible to use the cable-cars as a base to make something like a funicular:    
    • @huzman, Have you tried using a slope mod?  I like this one by Ennedi.  If I remember right, there are like three different slope tolerances, just pick one and play around with the different transportation networks (roads, rails, highways, etc)  Each one will give you different results.  
    • I make a road through a residential area Maxis 1x1 building their chain and after this - put the road.
    • Sounds like the right choice and lovely how the mod can be used for those who'd like them to use it. I use them mostly close to quays so I'm happy they won't be updated - can't have weird water glitches like that