• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

Appendix 1 Idiots Walkthrough to 40,000

thy451

Appendix 1: IdOIt’s walkthrough to 40,000 Before you flood my mail, yes I spelt idiots, idoits on purpose. This guide is place here away from the main sections because I thought it to be superfluous as I had believed that PART I enough for your first city.

This is a step-by-step guide to 40,000 by year 16. Actually I only got 40,000 a few months into year 16 but lets not quibble over minor details okay? Another reason why I placed this here is because any explanation of why I am doing one thing or another will be very brief or none. Feel free to add other stuff according to your own city’s needs.

Take note of the following:

1) Walkthrough Layout: Chronological order.

2) Statistics taken at the start of the year.

3) Construction done at start of the year.

4) The map view refers to the default view.

5) I will be referring to the PART I constantly because I do not want to repeat myself

6) I will not be repeating the word build over and over again. Whenever I mention a structure in BLOCK LETTERS, it means build it.

7) Read PART I, as I may not be restating many of the tips. I will assume you already know them.

8) Try not to let budget fall below 40,000

9) Except for the first few months, you will always be making profits so no business deals

10) Always build when paused.

Idiot’s Town:

Pop: 39579 > 40,000 (Few months into year 16)

Current cash: 65,000 +

Time: 16 years

Budget: Income: 9156 / Expense: 7625 / Profit: 1531

Map: Mid size

Neighbours: None

Idiot’s Town: God Mode

G-1)
    Create new Region selecting plains

G-2)
    Select a mid size map. For best effect with the rest of this guide, meaning PARTS II and III, chose a map with the following surroundings.

G-3)
    Go into the city and immediately hit pause.

G-4)
    Optional: Use the mesa tool and click slightly on the right side of the map. Use quick brush and spread across the right side of the map. If this confuses you then forget it.

G-5)
    Fill the place with trees thickly. Especially the top left hand side.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 0

Statistics: NA

0-1)
    Establish the city, make sure the game is still at pause

0-2)
    Have no construction with the exception of connections along the borders. Leave 3 tiles along all edges and then place a road on the fourth tile. This is an illustration on the corner of the map.

0-3)
    Raise Tax: Refer to Tip 1

0-4)
    COAL POWER PLANT:

Place on the top left of the map. Look at the above.

0-5) LANDFILL:

Just place 4 tiles of it on the right of the coal plant. Make sure to give it road connection to all your city

0-6) INDUSTRIAL:
    Refer to Tip 8bi and Diagram T8bi.

Zone it on the left side of the map and about 23 tiles from the top. Or about 16-20 tiles away from the coal plant. Place about 12 (4x5) industrial zones. Fill from the top of Diagram T8bi.

0-7) COMMERCIAL:
    Refer to Tip 8biv and Diagram T8biv.

Build it to the right of the industrial zone. Leave the appropriate spacing after the industrial zone. 2 (2x5) commercial zones. One zone on top of the diagram the other somewhere in the middle.

0-
    8)
    RESIDENTIAL:
    Refer to Tip 8biii and Diagram T8biii and T8biv.

Build the zone to the right of the commercial and breathing space. Fill up the entire residential super structure (RS) where appropriate. Make sure you follow the diagram and leave the centre empty.

0-9) WATER TOWER:
    Refer to Tip 2b

Place it on the top right of the map or any place away from the industrial site, at least to the right of the RS. Best place near the corner. Note that you should only follow my water placement in the following years if your city actually needs the water

0-10) POWER LINES:

Power extends about 4 tiles away from a place that has power. Power up everything that is not powered

0-11)
    Budget control. Refer to Tip 2. Applies to everything with micro budgets. Remember that power demand grows greatly at the start. Check your power plant frequently or allow a high funding at the start, about half or more until most zones are built.

0-12)
    Cash left is about §58,000

0-13)
    Make a lot of connections, to the top and the left side. Tip 6. Carry on making connection throughout the years as you expand the city size.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 1

Pop:

Income:
    §740 (This is not profit. I will not list expense as it depends on funding and you will never make a lost except for the first few months.)

Funds:
    §58,000 (Refers to cash left in the bank.)

1-1)
    No construction this year.

Idiot’s Town:
    YEAR 2

Pop:

Income:
    §966

Funds:
    §63,000

2-1) WATER TOWER (2)

Water is needed around the time the population hits 2600. About one or two month into the second year.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 3

Pop:

Income:
    §1136

Funds:
    §70,000

3-1) RESIDENTIAL:
    Refer to Tip 8bi and Diagram T8bi.

Fill another RS completely. This should be placed below the first RS. Make sure to leave the appropriate gap between the two RS.

3-2) COMMERCIAL:

1 (5x4). Place it near the middle of both RS.

3-3) INDUSTRIAL:
    Refer to Diagram T8bi

Fill up the remainder of the industrial zone as stated in T8bi. You can place the zones closer than in the diagram. For example this time round, I placed 12 (4x6) and 6 (6x7) zones.

3-4) LANDFILL

Another 4x4.

3-5) WATER TOWER (3)

3-6) FIRESTATION

Cover the industrial area.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 4

Pop:

Income:
    § 2074

Funds:
    § 51,000

4-1) WASTE TO POWER PLANT

Turn it’s funding to zero. Later in the years whenever you need to increase power supply but do not want to build a new power station, you can turn the funding up. Build this beside the coal power plant

4-2) WATER TOWER (4)

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 5

Pop:

Income:
    § 2450

Funds:
    § 40,000

5-1) COMMERCIAL:

Fill the zone between the industry and residential.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 6

Pop:

Income:
    § 3133

Funds:
    § 58,000

6-1) INDUSTRIAL:
    Refer to Diagram T8bi

Create another of those industrial parks below the first one. Fill up about half of it from the top.

6-2) WATER TOWER (5)

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 7

Pop:

Income:
    § 3746

Funds:
    § 72,000

7-1) WATER PUMP:

Demolish the 5 towers and place 1 water pump in its place.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 8

Pop:

Income:
    § 4321

Funds:
    § 101,000

8-1) RESIDENTIAL:

Create a truncated RS below the other RS. Leave a space of 4 tiles excluding road between the second RS and this RS. Truncated means leaving out the top and bottom row of 4x4. This is because there is no space below for a full RS. About 20 (4x4) zones were left on my map.

8-2) COMMERCIAL:

When you get the radio or even if you do not build 2 (6x6) commercial zones to the right of the RS. Place this in line with the bottom half of the second RS. Leave a gap of 4 excluding roads between the RS and this zone. H: Residential / C: Commercial / .: Empty / -: Roads / F: Future residential development. (12-2)

8-3)
    INDUSTRIAL:

Fill up the industrial park created in 6-1.

8-4) COAL POWER PLANT:

Place it with the rest of the power plants

8-5)
    You will be reaching your first residential demand cap soon. I believe it is around 20,000. Therefore the following structures will help further increase your population

8-6) ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (1+2)

Place 2 elementary schools, one in each full RS. Place it in the middle such that the entire RS is covered.

8-7) LIBRARY

Place one the first RS. Try to cover the entire first RS and part of the second RS if possible.

8-
    8)
    HOSPITAL

I will use the term hospital for large medical centre. Place it in between the first two RS. Try to get as much residential in the coverage as possible.

8-9) TENNIS COURTS (1+2)

Place 2 tennis courts, one in each full RS. I selected the tennis courts because it is one of the better recreational facilities with a great demand cap remover.

8-10)
    Remember to adjust the education and health funding individually

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 9

Pop:

I
    ncome:
    § 5260

Funds:
    § 76,000

9-1) RESIDENTIAL:

Create another truncated residential area on the top of the map above the other RS. Leave a space of three, excluding roads between the RS. Fit as much as possible without changing the structure drastically. There is no need to stick completely to 4x4 for this RS. I placed 4 (4x6) zones.

9-2) COMMERCIAL:

Create another 2 (6x6) commercial zones. Place them beside the zones created in year 8-2. Again do not intrude onto above the bottom tier of the second RS.

9-3) INDUSTRIAL
    :

Create another industrial park at the bottom left of the map. I could place 12 (4x5) and 12 (4x4) industrial zones at the bottom left. This park would obviously be a little smaller than the other 2 parks.

9-4) ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (3):

Place at the bottom of the RS. As long as the entire bottom RS is covered do not worry if the coverage spills into the second RS. This is helpful when the school there is at over capacity.

9-5) HIGH SCHOOL

At the first RS. Try to place it such that it captures the entire first RS and the greatest amount of the second RS.

9-6) CITY COLLEGE

Place it near the industrial zone. Any place way since its effect is citywide. Except near the water pump.

9-7) WATER PUMP (2)

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 10

Pop:

Income:
    § 5984

Funds:
    § 61,000

10-1) COMMERCIAL:

Looking at 8-2 to get an idea of the layout. Place 2 (6x6) and 1 (6x7) on the top tier of the first RS. Do not intrude below the top tier of the first RS as you will be building another RS in between this commercial zone and the one created in 8-2 and 9-2.

10-2) LARGE FLOWER GARDEN

This is again to help bust the demand cap. Place it such that residential areas surround it.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 11

Pop:

Income:
    § 6900

Funds:
    § 79,000

11-1) ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (4)

Place it in the top RS.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 12

Pop:

Income:
    § 6676

Funds:
    § 93,000

12-1)
    Notice the fall in income, this shows that your economy is changing for the better. People do not want to work in dirty industries. It is still too early for high-tech industry but it is good for commercial development.

12-2) RESIDENTIAL

Place half a RS on the right of the other RS. Look at 8-2 and this RS is represented as future development. For this RS, you the gap in between will be four instead of three.

12-3) COMMERCIAL

Place 8 (6x6) at the bottom and 2 (7x6) at the top commercial zones.

12-4) SMALL FLOWER GARDEN (1+2...6)

Spread them among your RS.

12-5) LIBRARY (2)

Second RS. Provided you can cover the entire RS, try placing it lower to cover some of the bottom RS.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 13

Pop:

Income:
    § 7715

Funds:
    § 93,000

13-1)
    No Construction

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 14

Pop: 33686

Income: § 8398

Funds: § 117,000

14-1) RESIDENTIAL

Complete the RS created in 12-2.

14-2) COMMERCIAL

Place another 2 (7x6) zone at the bottom commercial area.

14-3) INDUSTRIAL

Create a small zone 4, (5x4) and 2 (4x4), at the top of all rest of the industrial parks. With reference to Diagram T8bi, build from tiles 22-30. In other words build only two strips of industry.

14-4) HOSPITAL

Place near the new RS on the right 12-2 and 13-1.

14-5) ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (5)

At the new RS

14-6) LIBRARY (3)

At the new RS

14-7) SMALL FLOWER GARDEN (7)

At the new RS

14-
    8)
    WATER PUMP (3)

14-9) MAYOR HOUSE

Near the new RS or the place you wish to attract richer people. It should definitely away from the residential areas closer to the industry.

14-10) CITY HALL

Place it near the bottom commercial zones. Try to place it in the middle so that it commercial effect is not wasted.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 15

Pop:

Income:
    § 8793

Funds:
    § 73,000

15-1) COMMERCIAL

3 (7x6) at the bottom and 2 (7x6) and 2 (6x6) on the top.

15-2) OIL POWER PLANT

15-3) SMALL PLAZA (1+2)

One at each of the top and bottom commercial zones

15-4)
    I hope as you have been expanding your city you remember to create connections. You should at the very least have ten connections on each side where there are buildings (top/left/Bottom). Try also to have a few connections on the fourth side too.

Idiot’s Town: YEAR 16

Pop:

Commercial Jobs:

Industrial Jobs:

Income:
    § 9156

Expenses:
    § 7625

Funds:
    § 65,000

RCI
    Demand