The file used by SC4terraformer that "contain" all of the terrain information have an extension of .SC4M. This is the file used by SC4Terraformer to save the parameters and terraforming information of the region created (Export) as well as to read in the parameters and terraforming information of a region that was exported (Import).
This article will detail four functions within SC4Terraformer:
1) Exporting a .SC4M File from a Region Created in SC4Terraformer
2) Exporting a .SC4M File from a Region Created in SimCity 4
3) Importing a .SC4M File into SC4Terraformer
4) Saving a Region from SC4Terraformer
Exporting a .SC4M File from a Region Created in SC4Terraformer
There are two ways in which a .SC4M file can be exported:
-- After creating a region in SC4Terraformer, the region can be exported as a .SC4M file.
-- A region already rendered in SimCity 4 and saved to the Regions folder, it can be exported as a .SC4M file.
First, let's discuss how to export a .SC4M file from a region created in SC4Terraformer. The assumption is that you've already created a region in SC4Terraformer, the SC4Terraformer application is still running and you are ready to export the .SC4M file.
1) From the SC4Terrafomer Toolbar, click on the Global Tools drop down arrow.
2) From the Global Tools, click on the Export (SC4M/16bit png) button.
3) From the Export region as ... dialog box, navigate to where you wish to save the .SC4M file. (For example: C:\TEMP\NEW_REGION.)
4) From the Export region as ... dialog box, in the File name: field, type in a name for your .SC4M file.
5) From the Export region as ... dialog box, make sure the Files of type: field has SC4 Terrain files (*.SC4M) selected.
6) Click on the Open button.
7) From the Enter a html file that will be displayed on import, click on the Canel button. (This file is not needed to create a region.)
An Export done dialog box will be displayed. Click the OK button.
9) The .SC4M file has been created and saved on your computer in the folder stated in Step 3), above.
Exporting a .SC4M File from a Region Created in SimCity 4
Next, let's discuss how to export a .SC4M file from a region already created and rendered in SimCity 4. The assumption is that you already created and rendered the region in SimCity 4 and that the region exists in the following path:
\My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions\