Followers 0

How to create Puzzle Pieces Part 2

MandelSoft

Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

PaPa-J

Posted

I really do appreciate everyone hard work in setting up the Omnibus but if you're going to do it at least you could make sure everything is there and intact before you post it.

The section where it is talking about properties, the properties list is missing.

Bad move guys! >:(

Share this comment

MandelSoft

Posted

That's because it isn't finished yet. But this tutorial does explain the basics and it will get you started creating puzzle pieces...

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• New Articles

• Teaser Paragraph:

Learn how to make your installed Automata useable as props in the Lot Editor.

• 0 comments
    • Teaser Paragraph:

Are you tired of building in the same four directions? Do you wish to break free of the shackles of SC4's grid system? Well this tutorial will give a basic overview about diagonal gridbusting.

Diagonal city building, or gridbusting as the SC4 veterans call it, is a hard skill to master. One requires a great many mods and attached is a list of relevant mods to help get you started. There are numerous in-game barriers to overcome and a great many visual issues which must be addressed to create that dream diagonal area.

Read on if you are interested in grid-busting!

• 1 comment
    • Teaser Paragraph:

Wondering whether or not to use a slope mod? Want to see why you should have one installed? Then look no further, this guide should have you covered.

• 1 comment
    • Teaser Paragraph:

Want to know the full ins and outs of the Japanese NAM Facelift Mod? Well look no further...

• 1 comment
    • Teaser Paragraph:

Is there a lot that you wish you could plop on the water?  Or did you create your own lot only to find out that the game doesn't allow you to place it in or near the water?  Grab the iLives Reader and follow these simple instructions :) 

• 2 comments
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Topics

• Recent Modding / Content Posts

• The internet has been around for 20 years. The founding philosophy was free access to information. The concept of "free stuff"- access to intellectual property/sharing of knowledge/written word/music/video that exists in the trillions  is so firmly established that to begin any shift of the culture would be like spitting in the wind. With almost 100000 Cities Skylines assets/mods/custom maps available in the Steam Workshop it is a bit late to think about payment. The majority of folks who produce and choose to share their work- game assets/video/music/blogs/art work/photography on the web believe in the democracy of the internet. The vitual world is a very different world from the capitalist real world we experience.
    • It's by far a lot user friendlier than updating SC4 with mods. When a mod author does an update for SC4 that causes instabilities it's the same thing. You don't know what's incompatible when you install it either so with C:S you know it's atleast tested before an upcoming update comes out and it's just a click of a button when you want to deinstall it. I've spend far more time testing stuff on SC4 what works, what dependencies it has etc. So, what doesn't work according to you?
    • Well I disagree there. It's less work, for sure, but updates don't get to control what happens. So no broken or incompatible content finds it's way into my plugins folder without my own doing. The biggest problem with updates, be it in gaming, software, operating systems or even phones, is that all are designed to take user control away from you. Which would be great if all these things actually worked as intended. The problem is they do not, but that's your problem as an end user. Well if that's what you think of your customers... I'll go elsewhere thanks.
    • This is not CO updating their game. Patches have been very stable the last few months, the modding beta has also resulted in non or no broken mods. It's just when you have 1000s of mods and assets and some people update their content it updates those whenever you boot up steam. IMO a lot better than keeping SC4 updated.
    • Yeah this part... for 20+ years of gaming  it didn't have to be this way. I'm sorry, but that part really turns me off. It's a game for crying out loud! Steam aren't the worst offenders here either, I've had to wait 30m + to play on my Xbox 360 (piece of trash MS hardware that it is). First the OS needed an update, then we reboot, then the game needs an update, both from the worlds slowest servers... meh LET ME PLAY MY GAME!!! I think the option to patch things on the fly means the games we get in reality aren't finished. I am NOT your beta tester CO, I paid full retail, however reasonable that may have been. I'm sorry, but if you can't code the game by now so that updates don't break mods, I know you didn't code it properly in the first place. Unity is almost certainly in part to blame here too. Anyway before I get into an off-topic rant, I'll shut up.