• rewright
    rewright

How To Build A Dam...

A few folks have indicated they are interested in how I build my dams. Here is a little tutorial on how I do it. I hope it is useful to some of you.

1. Find a likely location for your dam. A valley, near by river and a way to extend a branch stream to the dam location.33uj.png

2. Extend a stream to the spot you will build the dam. Widening the area at the dam base.zht8.png3. At the base of the dam, build a three row shelf.73og.png4. Raise the back row by 24m (using Hole Digging Lots by Shadow Assassin).giwq.png5. Create a two row shelf.ajp2.png6. Raise the back row by 24.yeex.png7. Keep repeating steps 5 & 6 until the dam is at the height you want.1py9.png8. At the back of the dam, make a shelf at the level you want your reservoir.tz1f.png9. Level your lake, filling the valley.9h5j.png10. On the base shelf, put what ever you want for your spillway and sea walls. You can also ad an addition for a power house, etc. I've used PEG Hydroelectric dam here.r087.png11. Using FrankU Modular Warehouse Pack's empty lot, coat you dam faces.dho2.png+b0nu.png12. Using PEG Pond pieces, create the lakes border.mimb.png+wiq7.png+whx0.png13. Once the border is done, use the 4x4 water piece and and fill in the center of the lake.85zu.png+5lrj.png14. Finish the lake with smaller pieces.hz6f.png+no3n.png15. You can then add things like access roads.hpqv.png+0ojy.pngI hope this will be helpful.Thanks,Dick Wright

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.