Train fever secured a €50,000 investment recently, and with 12 days left of the crowdfunding project, stands at 87% funded.
Train Fever is a railroad-focused business simulation game with role-playing elements. In other words, it's a modern-day Transport Tycoon with procedural content and a sophisticated city simulation.
Worth noting given recent SimCity issues that "Each person is individually simulated. Given a home adress and a working place"
Developer Basil Weber also stated that:
Many people in the transport simulation community request customization and modifiability. We think that’s a great way to extend the scope of the game, therefore we encourage modding!
- Randomly generated, modifiable terrain with realistic dimensions
- Advanced passenger simulation
- Dynamically simulated urban development
- Procedurally generated buildings
- No grid – that is, the game world is not limited to 90 (or 45) degree angles
- Vehicles from more than 150 years of transportation history
- Four distinct characters
- Comprehensive skill system
- Detailed 3D graphics
- Freely adjustable zoom factor