• Moose
  • The NAM Team Presents... Turbo Roundabouts

NAM Team

A quick sneak peek of the new Turbo Roundabouts for the NAM , fresh from the presses. Here's a proof of concept in-game.

Video preview made by NAM Team member Mandelsoft.

Visit Source

NextVeyron2, SylvioJ, ccy and 74 others like this

User Feedback

BLANKBLANK

Posted

Having collected 4.5GB of mods, props, dependencies and miscellaneous features, this will be a very welcome addition to my cities!

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose

Posted

Interesting.  All kinds of neat things in here including the bypass lanes for the roundabout.  You have definitely wetted my whistle for NAM 32.  Just try not to keep us whistling the the dark too long.

Share this comment

Haljackey

Posted

One of the greatest perks these have is the ability to connect different road networks together in a roundabout. (For example: avenue and road.)

Share this comment

Wiimeiser

Posted

Hopefully we'll be seeing RHW support for these roundabouts (and the old ones). Now all I really want is rad/OWR FlexRamps and Road-MIS connections...

Share this comment

Haljackey

Posted

Hopefully we'll be seeing RHW support for these roundabouts (and the old ones). Now all I really want is rad/OWR FlexRamps and Road-MIS connections...

For these you would have to transition your RHW into a avenue or 6 lane road on each side of the roundabout.

Share this comment

Nathan_spcity

Posted

GREAT! I've been always waiting for this road x avenue roundabout. Very useful.

Share this comment

MandelSoft

Posted

You have to transition to avenue for that. All these roundabouts are meant for slow-speed networks...

Share this comment

Wiimeiser

Posted

You have to transition to avenue for that. All these roundabouts are meant for slow-speed networks...

Well, RHW-2 and 3 support still seems like an idea...

Share this comment

MandelSoft

Posted

@Wiimeister: with some creative use of starters and transitions, you can hook them up pretty easily. That's why I used the ARD-3 as a design choice. Not only is it more realistic considering that you have to get in lane on approaching a turbo-roundabout, but with some transitions, you can perfectly hook up the RHW-2, RHW-3, RD-2, ARD-3, TLA-3 and the AVE-2. :)

Modularity rules!

Share this comment

Metalpuritan

Posted

Though I appreciate the early look, I am also a bit nervous now, this is how your last release started, it began with a teaser, everyone got excited, started feeling like rock stars(you are rock stars. but you don't have to act like one) then everyone demanded a release date, you felt obligated to give one, more excitement followed, things weren't ready when the date came, but now you had a release date.  The release came, the addon mod came, things didn't go smooth(about two months before things were smoothed out).

Take your time guys, we don't need previews, we appreciate them, maybe too much actually, but we don't need them.  We will forget all about the long waits if things go smoothly.  You all have no real pressure from outside sources, it isn't like we won't use the NAM because it took too long for the next release, you cannot be fired either.

Still, thanks for the preview.  Best of luck(and skill).

Share this comment

MandelSoft

Posted

Well, we linked our last release with the release of SimCity 2013, a clever way to show that SimCity 4 was still very much alive. The release date was all part of the plan. But due to the reasons stated above, we will do it never again. The NAM 32.0 will be less plagued with bugs compared to the NAM 31.0.

What's also a factor is that the NAM 31.0 introduced a massive revamp of the Real Highway Mod, which was a huge undertaking by itself. Since we ironed out most of the bugs there, this release will be smoother...

I don't know what the release date is, but I can assure you it's not within a month.

Share this comment

Haljackey

Posted

Metalpuritan: The NAM 31 release date was a one-time only deal (mostly due to the release of SC13 and the long gap between the NAM 30 and 31 releases).

Never before and never again will there be a release date for the NAM. NAM 32 will be released when it's ready.

Share this comment

nthooze

Posted

AWESOME!!  I recall you posting a sneak peak pic on a thread I once started requesting avenue to road roundabouts.  I'm thrilled to see things are progressing..  Hats off!!

Share this comment

SS3K

Posted

awesome! off topic here but what is the music in the background please?!

Share this comment

metarvo

Posted

Finally, we have multilane roundabouts with lanes branching off.  I admit that I wasn't even that familiar with roundabouts until I started using the NAM, since there aren't that many around here, but I now use them alongside the traditional intersections.  As far as RHW functionality goes, I'm already planning on transitioning from RHW-3 to ARD-3 at the roundabout entrance.

SS3K: The background music is "Spanish Flea" by Herb Alpert.

Share this comment

Ded

Posted

Awesome addition to the game.

Share this comment

RepublicMaster

Posted

Great work on these roundabouts! They look great. :D

Share this comment