• Guibanez_
    Guibanez_

The Heroes And Villains of SimCity

One aspect of the game that I’m lucky enough to tell you about today is the Heroes & Villains set, which is bonus content exclusively found in the Limited Edition and Digital Deluxe versions of SimCity. As a devout comic book geek, when I think of cities, the first thing that leaps heroically to mind are all the familiar cities associated with each hero. It would be a huge disappointment to me if we didn’t provide a way to get that same kind of experience in your own cities in SimCity. The Heroes & Villains set gives your city aid with the heroic MaxisMan or embrace your inner heartless villain and wreak havoc with Dr. Vu. Even more exciting is to do both at the same time and enjoy the tumultuous tussle of these titans of technology in the mighty Maxis manner!

Sign in to follow this  
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Well, I suspect they don't realize that this kind of thing is poison to a lot of us who are on this forum.  I hope they find enough victims who want to have a shoot'em up game.

Share this comment

"It would be a huge disappointment to me if we didn’t provide a way to get that same kind of experience in your own cities in SimCity."

One question, is this a feature that the SimCity community has requested? I don't think many of us would be disappointed without this. In my opinion, it's just a visual gimmick, designed to appeal to the younger audiences. Yes, Dr. Vu was in SC4, but rather had a background role in the UDI missions. This was quite acceptable and mildly humorous at the time. But never did we see him flying about in a so called 'VuBot', to fight with MaxisMan!

I just can't understand how this can be classed as 'premium content'. It's both very unrealistic, and in all honesty, rather trivial. Also, it must have taken up valuable development time to produce. I'm sure many of us would appreciate if this time was spent on other, more important aspects of the game.

Share this comment

I think a gimmicky expansion pack like this would work long after mods and most expansions have taken course, sort of how Makin' Magic was for The Sims, after six less-useless expansion packs were released.

Share this comment