• Moose
  • Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

SimCIty Update 1.7 - Traffic and Emergency Vehicles Improved

Kythlyn

EA has updated SimCity to version 1.7, bringing with it the promised improvements to traffic and emergency vehicles.

• Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.

• Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.

• Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.

• All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.

• Performance improvements for low spec systems.

• New Server: Asia 2 will be released Tuesday afternoon (PDT)!

Visit Source

humbi, JaceTwice, Stuart98 and 6 others like this
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

User Feedback

WJ_Webhog

Posted

I currently have a problem in my city where a special industrial fire is raging but my special truck is not even coming out of his garage.

Lets see if this patch fixes it.

Share this comment

eburress

Posted

I'm looking forward to the update that makes the game fun...i.e., significantly bigger maps, freeways, etc.  I'm already bored with the game after only a few days of actually being able to play it, but maybe I'll eventually try again once the make it fun/worth playing.

Share this comment

cirugo

Posted

I'm looking forward to the update that makes the game fun...i.e., significantly bigger maps, freeways, etc.  I'm already bored with the game after only a few days of actually being able to play it, but maybe I'll eventually try again once the make it fun/worth playing.

that's what happens when you remove options that allow for player creativity in favor of "gameplay" for a game like this.

Share this comment

Resender

Posted

This behaviour should have been in the game from the start,in real life emergency vehicles have priority over other traffic

Share this comment

eburress

Posted

that's what happens when you remove options that allow for player creativity in favor of "gameplay" for a game like this.

Agreed.  The developers' first requirement should have been to allow users to make realistic-looking cities.  Everything else should have been a distant second and anything that interfered with that first requirement should have been eliminated.  

As it is, you can only make so many cute little towns.

Share this comment

TylerD

Posted

This behaviour should have been in the game from the start,in real life emergency vehicles have priority over other traffic

I totally agree Resender. What i don't understand is why these mistakes are in the game from the beginning. There are hundreds of people working on this game. They probably tested it for thousands of hours, but nobody ever questioned the traffic issues etc.....

How is this possible?...

Share this comment

teamyoyo

Posted

I tried the new update last night and while things are better some are still bad. Gridlock is still bad but it doesn't back up as far as it used to and while emergency vehicles can change lanes to get around traffic - traffic can't get around emergency vehicles. So if you have a fire the 3 engines that turn up to the same fire (yes that still happens) they will block all the traffic. The same applies to all service vehicles - garbage trucks, buses, ambulances, etc. Thinking about it a lot of traffic issues could of been solved by putting in a invisible lane that service vehicles could pull into when they stop or as the rest of the world knows them - parking lanes.

Share this comment

Mithrik

Posted

Agreed.  The developers' first requirement should have been to allow users to make realistic-looking cities.  Everything else should have been a distant second and anything that interfered with that first requirement should have been eliminated.  

Well, Cities XL and SimCity 4 are not going anywhere, so play them.

Share this comment

eburress

Posted

Well, Cities XL and SimCity 4 are not going anywhere, so play them.

Good point.  Until Maxis fixes this game, if I play anything at all, maybe it will be Cities XL.

Share this comment

Resender

Posted

I'm doing a compare youtube vid between SimCity & Sim City 4,

but so far this is my conclusion

*graphically it's better then SCS

*simulation wise its better then SCS but not as good as SC4

*gameplay faulty mechanics worse then SCS

And for the last one I'm referring to the fact that the trade buildings give profit per month while all the other stats run by day

Share this comment

Cob92

Posted

So basically, they should have made another Cities XL? I'm glad they didn't do that.

Share this comment